JLM: When will charges come in the HG and MH cases?

He was let go for poor academic standing or low GPA. However, he was a Senior? Hard to believe he made it three years then all of a sudden was doing so poorly he had to be dismissed so quickly. That is the odd part for me.

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/2009/12/22/1844798/jamil-tucker-kicked-off-basketball-team

I found this on an old Websleuth thread, not how sure to carry it over so here is the cut and paste, all credit to the original poster. :)

<itsrak

It is said that among the last to be seen with MH were 3 members of the UVA men's basketball team. You will not find them identified anywhere. The 3 would be among the 15 on the team roster for that season. Here is that roster:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...l#roster::none

Roster

Player Class Ht Summary
Calvin Baker SR G 6-2 3.0 Pts, 1.2 Reb, 1.9 Ast
Doug Browman FR G 5-11 0.0 Pts, 0.3 Reb, 0.0 Ast
Jontel Evans FR G 5-11 2.4 Pts, 1.5 Reb, 1.9 Ast
Mustapha Farrakhan JR G 6-4 6.5 Pts, 1.7 Reb, 2.0 Ast
Jeff Jones JR G 6-6 7.3 Pts, 1.3 Reb, 0.4 Ast
Tom Jonke SR G 6-0 0.0 Pts, 0.3 Reb, 0.0 Ast
Thomas Kody FR G 6-3 0.0 Pts, 0.3 Reb, 0.3 Ast
Sylven Landesberg SO G 6-6 17.3 Pts, 4.9 Reb, 2.9 Ast
Jerome Meyinsse SR F 6-9 6.5 Pts, 4.1 Reb, 0.4 Ast
Mike Scott JR F 6-8 12.0 Pts, 7.2 Reb, 1.3 Ast
Assane Sene SO C 7-0 1.6 Pts, 3.6 Reb, 0.2 Ast
Will Sherrill JR F 6-9 3.0 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 0.5 Ast
Tristan Spurlock FR G 6-8 2.4 Pts, 0.8 Reb, 0.1 Ast
Solomon Tat SR F 6-5 1.4 Pts, 0.6 Reb, 0.0 Ast
Sammy Zeglinski SO G 6-1 8.9 Pts, 3.8 Reb, 2.6 Ast>

Cavelier Daily:

Virginia men’s basketball coach Tony Bennett announced yesterday that forward Jamil Tucker will be taking an indefinite leave of absence from the team’s games and practices. The news comes less than a week after sophomore center Assane Sene has been suspended for the first three games of the season for detrimental conduct.

I found this cached website, comments have been disabled, but you can see the cached content on the google serps. Here is the snapshot below.

Just my observation.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2010/01/tony-bennett-q-a-part-2#comment2016

&#9702;
4. The Cavalier Daily :: Tony Bennett Q & A, part 2www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2010/01/tony-bennett-q-a-part-2&#8206;&#8232;Jan 27, 2010 ... [Sophomore forward] Assane [Sene] has. .... 44 comments; Counsel tasked with investigating sexual assault policy was Phi Kappa Psi brother.&#8232;

While I am not sure on the basketball players involvement, I do think there may be something to the idea that more than one person knows what happened to MH. It has been bothering me ever since I read that letter Lt. Rader wrote upon his retirement insisting there was a person who could help in the case but was afraid to come forward. Then I ran across this release from the VA State Police profiling the person they think is responsible for MH's death. It is interesting in and of itself in wording alone. The tone toward MH's death is quite surprisingly neutral; this is quite a different picture than how Gil Harrington describes MH's death.

The police actually set up a separate tip line just for people to call with info on location of remains. They list out six points of importance which I am not pasting to save space; link is below. What I see as important to LE in the case:

- location of remains is key to knowing the perp.
- Perp fits into the area; knows it intimately. The area is exclusive and expensive with large parcels of land worth millions.
- Perp is probably known to residents.

Now substitute JLM for perp in above. Despite what DNA snippets are shared, this is where I don't see how JLM fits this profile.

He drove a yellow taxi at time of MH's disappearance, right. How would he have driven around those farms in a taxi with MH inside and not be noticed? Yes, it could be argued that JM borrowed a car to dispose of MH but that is a stretch. Police say that the person knew the terrain or would have never chosen it. The perp would likely be around that area on a regular basis. Again, JM hanging out in his taxi does not fit.

I believe that to access that small strip of cow pasture involved trespassing; climbing over barbed wire; crossing a stream, etc. Even if JM were on foot out in the area regularly he is still on someone's property, and I think he would have been noticed at some point over the years.

Finally, in an interview with Washington Post, the owner of Anchorage Farm, had this to say upon seeing JM's mug shot after HG went missing, "He is not someone me or anyone else in my family recognized,” Bass said.

Virginia State Police impress importance of location...

Before Hannah Graham...

Weren't UVA students living in a rental house on or near anchorage farm at the time of the MH murder?

What other high-profile trials have resulted in a not-guilty verdict besides Simpson and Anthony? Non-celebrity ones. I know of Zimmerman, but who else?

I don't follow cases that closely, but if you google "managing the CSI effect," you get good discussions of the general problem.

Weren't UVA students living in a rental house on or near anchorage farm at the time of the MH murder?

Good Question. Mr Bass stated that he did rent out the cottage to UVA students, later his daughter Jenny Bass moved into the cottage. If Jenny had the "seven mile sleepover", timeline after MH was on AF, she was probably old enough to have moved into the cottage at this point. She was having college parties so she probably wanted her independence. So I think no would be the answer, he may have rented it out before, but I think Jenny was already moved out into the cottage.

Here's our answer:

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

A remote farm There is exactly one vehicle entrance to Anchorage Farm: a driveway off 29 South, known there as Monacan Trail. While the farm's original house, a two-story brick home with a white clapboard addition, is visible from the road, Bass lives in a sprawling Colonial-style mansion approximately one mile in, where the driveway ends, and Bass says it would be technically possible to drive to the end of his mile-long driveway and then continue another half-mile over rough terrain&#8211; pastures, hayfields, and thickets&#8211; on foot. But he doubts anyone could make the trek without drawing his attention. Any vehicle entering from 29 South also has to pass the smaller house&#8211; rented to UVA graduate students until June&#8211; but now home to Bass' adult daughter.

I am on my phone so I am not about to attempt to snip your comment, but I would like to say that JMM grew up in that area and liked to fish, so I believe that his knowledge of the area comes not just from driving taxi, but more from knowing the good local fishing and partying spots, and exploring local properties as a teen. He may have gone unnoticed because he was sneaking onto farms/properties to party with friends. That house on AF was a prime party spot, IIRC

Ugh - didn't reply with quote....this was in response to Conductor71's comment

I am on my phone so I am not about to attempt to snip your comment, but I would like to say that JMM grew up in that area and liked to fish, so I believe that his knowledge of the area comes not just from driving taxi, but more from knowing the good local fishing and partying spots, and exploring local properties as a teen. He may have gone unnoticed because he was sneaking onto farms/properties to party with friends. That house on AF was a prime party spot, IIRC

Ugh - didn't reply with quote....this was in response to Conductor71's comment

Do you happen to know if a fishing creek runs through the Anchorage Farm property? Thanks, if you know.

Do you happen to know if a fishing creek runs through the Anchorage Farm property? Thanks, if you know.

There is a creek, but if you look up "Anchorage Farm Albemarle County" on Google Maps, you'll see that there's a fairly large lake upstream, formed by a dam. I can tell you from personal experience -- I live in an Albemarle development that has a private lake -- that any such lake, including those on private property, will be frequented by avid fishermen... indeed, you can't keep them out. We've had them show up in the middle of the night! JLM certainly would have known about the lake and trail leading to it, along which MH's remains were found. Moreover, there are places to park off Route 29 that would have enabled him to leave his car for a while without its being observed by passing traffic.

There is a creek, but if you look up "Anchorage Farm Albemarle County" on Google Maps, you'll see that there's a fairly large lake upstream, formed by a dam. I can tell you from personal experience -- I live in an Albemarle development that has a private lake -- that any such lake, including those on private property, will be frequented by avid fishermen... indeed, you can't keep them out. We've had them show up in the middle of the night! JLM certainly would have known about the lake and trail leading to it, along which MH's remains were found. Moreover, there are places to park off Route 29 that would have enabled him to leave his car for a while without its being observed by passing traffic.

Thank you. That's interesting. I asked about a creek because my oldest son is an avid fisherman. In Oklahoma, there was a creek that ran behind our property which he fished in often. The creek fed into a lake and was miles and miles long. He knew every inch of that creek! In Oklahoma, you can't post a creek, so although adjoining land is privately owned, the creeks are not and anyone can fish them or play in them or swim or whatever. So, JLM may not have had to trespass and probably WAS familiar with that entire area, as my son would have been.

Good Question. Mr Bass stated that he did rent out the cottage to UVA students, later his daughter Jenny Bass moved into the cottage. If Jenny had the "seven mile sleepover", timeline after MH was on AF, she was probably old enough to have moved into the cottage at this point. She was having college parties so she probably wanted her independence. So I think no would be the answer, he may have rented it out before, but I think Jenny was already moved out into the cottage.

Here's our answer:

http://www.readthehook.com/68819/trail-harringtons-body-creates-new-mysteries-angles

A remote farm There is exactly one vehicle entrance to Anchorage Farm: a driveway off 29 South, known there as Monacan Trail. While the farm's original house, a two-story brick home with a white clapboard addition, is visible from the road, Bass lives in a sprawling Colonial-style mansion approximately one mile in, where the driveway ends, and Bass says it would be technically possible to drive to the end of his mile-long driveway and then continue another half-mile over rough terrain&#8211; pastures, hayfields, and thickets&#8211; on foot. But he doubts anyone could make the trek without drawing his attention. Any vehicle entering from 29 South also has to pass the smaller house&#8211; rented to UVA graduate students until June&#8211; but now home to Bass' adult daughter.

Thank you for this. Not having any idea of the layout or distances involved at Anchorage a Farm, I've always wondered if Morgan could have been taken to an abandoned (or student friendly) house there and been running to escape something. A house also burned down somewhere in the area just when her remains were found, which conceivably have been intended to destroy evidence. Am I just overthinking and embellishing here? I certainly have nothing but imagination to go on! But it does intrigue me that JM headed to an abandoned house with Hannah.

I DO read what you're typing!:banghead:

Well let's see. We KNOW blood was found on the Pantera shirt and the foreign DNA from the shirt matched the DNA on the cigar butt tip found in JLM's wallet. The DNA from the cigar tip matches the foreign DNA from the Fairfax victim AND, he is the last person to have been seen with HG who was found dead. He previously raped two college girls. As a juror, what explanation for his blood being on MH's Pantera shirt would you accept, beyond a reasonable doubt?

I am so confused. Why would JM have a cigapr tip from a rape back several years ago? Cigars are cheap.
Was it JM DNA they needed for the Fairfax case and his DNA was on HG, MH an the Fairfax case? I thought that the Fairfax case was eyewitness account.

For 3 months someone or someone's had that shirt. Wasn't it found in front of dorm rooms?

Were they just smoking a cigar? What other reason would there be, I don't know but one women that smokes cigars, just doesn't make sense and why did he kerep it!
In his wallet?!?!

For 3 months someone or someone's had that shirt. Wasn't it found in front of dorm rooms?

Actually, the Pantera shirt was found on November 11th, just three weeks after Morgan went missing. It was found near student housing (apartments), I believe.

Thank you for this. Not having any idea of the layout or distances involved at Anchorage a Farm, I've always wondered if Morgan could have been taken to an abandoned (or student friendly) house there and been running to escape something. A house also burned down somewhere in the area just when her remains were found, which conceivably have been intended to destroy evidence. Am I just overthinking and embellishing here? I certainly have nothing but imagination to go on! But it does intrigue me that JM headed to an abandoned house with Hannah.

Thank you for your insight. :)

Do you have the link of the house that burned down? I would like to map it.
Does anyone else think 3 weeks is a long time for the Pantera shirt to have shown up? I think the killer had it and was keeping it, then decided to put it out as a trophy.
Also my first thought when I read about the terrain on AF, was a football player would be able to carry a girl over this easily. They do that kind of thing in practice with much bigger guys.
Lastly, both MH and HG were found in rural areas approx 5 miles from each other and 5 miles from Red Hill Elementary that JLM attended and not far from his mothers house.
OK one more thing... I wonder if there are any abandoned houses near the area MH was found on AF.. do you know?

Just my thoughts.

While I am not sure on the basketball players involvement, I do think there may be something to the idea that more than one person knows what happened to MH. It has been bothering me ever since I read that letter Lt. Rader wrote upon his retirement insisting there was a person who could help in the case but was afraid to come forward. Then I ran across this release from the VA State Police profiling the person they think is responsible for MH's death. It is interesting in and of itself in wording alone. The tone toward MH's death is quite surprisingly neutral; this is quite a different picture than how Gil Harrington describes MH's death.

The police actually set up a separate tip line just for people to call with info on location of remains. They list out six points of importance which I am not pasting to save space; link is below. What I see as important to LE in the case:

- location of remains is key to knowing the perp.
- Perp fits into the area; knows it intimately. The area is exclusive and expensive with large parcels of land worth millions.
- Perp is probably known to residents.

Now substitute JLM for perp in above. Despite what DNA snippets are shared, this is where I don't see how JLM fits this profile.

He drove a yellow taxi at time of MH's disappearance, right. How would he have driven around those farms in a taxi with MH inside and not be noticed? Yes, it could be argued that JM borrowed a car to dispose of MH but that is a stretch. Police say that the person knew the terrain or would have never chosen it. The perp would likely be around that area on a regular basis. Again, JM hanging out in his taxi does not fit.

I believe that to access that small strip of cow pasture involved trespassing; climbing over barbed wire; crossing a stream, etc. Even if JM were on foot out in the area regularly he is still on someone's property, and I think he would have been noticed at some point over the years.

Finally, in an interview with Washington Post, the owner of Anchorage Farm, had this to say upon seeing JM's mug shot after HG went missing, "He is not someone me or anyone else in my family recognized,&#8221; Bass said.

Virginia State Police impress importance of location...

Before Hannah Graham...

I'm not sure I follow on how he must have been seen in the area, I don't believe he would have to have been noticed in that area to know that area. He could easily know the area without the owner ever coming into contact with him. For starters we know he grew up near there, and it's common for teens to go onto secluded properties to party. I know I did a lot as a teen, get the local drunk to buy ya a case of beer and head out in the woods or fields and sit around with friends drinking and BSing. I'd say I know my way around a lot of locals private land, and I don't know them and they don't know me. To note I also grew up only about an hour away from Charlottesville, so if we were doing it here regularly good chance they were doing right down the road as well.

Thank you for your insight. :)

Do you have the link of the house that burned down? I would like to map it.
Does anyone else think 3 weeks is a long time for the Pantera shirt to have shown up? I think the killer had it and was keeping it, then decided to put it out as a trophy.
Also my first thought when I read about the terrain on AF, was a football player would be able to carry a girl over this easily. They do that kind of thing in practice with much bigger guys.
Lastly, both MH and HG were found in rural areas approx 5 miles from each other and 5 miles from Red Hill Elementary that JLM attended and not far from his mothers house.
OK one more thing... I wonder if there are any abandoned houses near the area MH was found on AF.. do you know?

Just my thoughts.

BBM

4 Free Speech

Concerning your question that I've bolded, I remember back to right after MH's body was found, there was someone who did terrific maps and maybe photos of the area. I think I remember them being posted on the find morgan website. Anyway, what I recall is that different entries to the location were specified. One of the entries I remember was closer and it was an area called Waldemar which is part of Blandemar Estates, IIRC. At that location, there was an unoccupied house or building nearby or maybe both. I think there was also a culdesac for turning that was very close to the location of the remains. Maybe someone else can remember this also and recall who did the maps?

BBM

4 Free Speech

Concerning your question that I've bolded, I remember back to right after MH's body was found, there was someone who did terrific maps and maybe photos of the area. I think I remember them being posted on the find morgan website. Anyway, what I recall is that different entries to the location were specified. One of the entries I remember was closer and it was an area called Waldemar which is part of Blandemar Estates, IIRC. At that location, there was an unoccupied house or building nearby or maybe both. I think there was also a culdesac for turning that was very close to the location of the remains. Maybe someone else can remember this also and recall who did the maps?

You are right-- I remember great maps, still available in google images under Anchorage Farm. They show several buildings but I don't know about residents. But I do think someone mentioned on this website that the house fire was some distance away from where MH was found. Timing was just so suspicious. And of course the Seven Mile Sleepover that was announced on FB (can still google) was a large open party drawing lots of people to AF the week after MH disappeared.

Piaget

The house fire speculated about was on Sutherland Road. It was being rented by four students from PVCC. I'm not sure how close it is to Anchorage Farm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back