Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here, please be patient.
Isn't there a second Starbucks in the area?
I think that she got Travis to sit down to review the pictures, and then stabbed him as he was trying to get up. (I can't help thinking her lies are laced with some truth.) Then they both wound up on floor, the true version of the "bodyslam."
As for the camera in the wash, I think she did what I do, made a pile for the wash and a pile to take with, and then stuck the camera in the wrong pile in her haste.
Just my 2 cents.

:twocents:

Why are people so reluctant to believe that Jodi intentionally placed the camera in the washing machine? This idea that it was an "accident" seriously strains credulity. So Jodi wouldn't have noticed the extra wait of a bridge camera while transporting the towel (and MAYBE his clothes) downstairs where the laundry area was located? We're not talking about a small, pocket camera here, but a bridge camera. I own one. They're pretty heavy. She would have noticed the weight. Furthermore, we KNOW that she had no intention of taking the camera with her because she chose to delete the final three pictures. Why do that if your plan was to take it and toss it over the hoover damn where she likely tossed the gun? Why do that if you intended on taking memory card?

I was thinking it was during the fight regarding her seeing him masturbating with the child pictures. Sometime in Jan..maybe 21.

If thats wrong, someone will come along soon with the answer I hope!

Kelly

Thanks, but I mean which day of testimony. I know I could go through it all myself but as that could take all day I wondered if anyone knew which day of the trial this was discussed.

also, during that week in January where Travis allegedly kicked her (not), she not only said nothing noteworthy happened, but she also talked about going skiing that coming weekend....she did say on cross that she didn't ski, but she said she might go for fun or take pictures....doubt she would do that if she just had her finger on her dominant hand broken

JM's debunking of that Jodi lie using her journal entries and their back and forth texts that day may be my "Best of Juan" moment so far, especially iirc the finger-breaking/kicking supposedly happened on "OMG, I just discovered Travis is a pedo!" Day.

My math is a llittle different:

44 seconds between 5:30:30 and 5:31:14
62 seconds between 5:31:14 and 5:32:16
76 seconds between 5:32:16 and 5:33:32

I think you are allowing 100 seconds per minute, rather than 60. Am I wrong?

:doh:
Note to self, don't ever try to do math when waking up with a migraine during the middle of the night. lol

I cannot figure out how to upload photo, but there is a photo of Jodi on her Myspace under blondie photos (I think 2nd page) She is wearing a question mark hat and braids. In the comments below she says " Not a Blondie anymore"

Agreed, I also noticed that many of her own pics were photo shopped. If you go to that crazy JII website there are three pics on the homepage. The first on the left is of her in jail, the second is one she had on her myspace page and it's obvious her teeth have been photo shopped. I would think if she photo shopped her teeth she would most likely do other things to improve her photos.:twocents:

Lol I noticed the photo shopped teeth in that second photo on that site also. It's pretty obvious being next to the photo of her in jail where you can see her real teeth. :floorlaugh:

That's my point. She is lying, but if it were someone who was actually innocent who said "cinder blocks" it would probably simply be that they had a memory lapse. I once witnessed a car accident and when the insurance company called to ask what I had seen, they also asked about the intersection in which it occurred.

I said it was two lanes in each direction with no dedicated left turn lanes. A week or so later, I went by that intersection and saw that it was two lanes in each direction, but it DID have dedicated left turn lanes in addition. This was the city in which I grew up and I had crossed that intersection hundreds of times and still made the error.

My point is that while we know she is lying, I would not say that her saying "cinder blocks" was proof that she lied.

Gotcha, but it is my feeling that it is a little more important than some of her other silly lies. This whole parking scenario is key to one of the aspects of premeditation.....that it was ultimately her who messed around with the license plates, and not some skaters. It has long been said that there are no parking bumpers at all in that parking area, and she was VERY exacting and specific about where she parked and the overall parking situation there. She recalled in photographic detail the tag leaning up against the "cinderblock" bumper.

The point is for me, that it is not that she just honestly has misremembered the situation (and I am unwilling to give her credit for any honesty at all). But that IF she parked where she SAYS she parked, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the skaters to have removed her front tag. Since she made the front tag such and elaborate part of the back tag story, and connected the two, it follows that is is UNLIKELY that there were skaters at all.

I cannot even believe that I am wasting time thinking about her ridiculous stories and parsing her multitude of lies, but at least here at WS, I can take comfort in the fact that I have PLENTY of company! Looking forward to trial today!

Your post just reminded me of a question that has been bugging me for a while. Did JA say something to the effect (in an interview) that she had 2 pair of those jeans with a zipper or did I imagine it? The latter is very possible :blushing:
Yes.....they were on sale so she bought 2 pairs. I pair fits and the other are too tight. She told this to Flores.

Why are people so reluctant to believe that Jodi intentionally placed the camera in the washing machine? This idea that it was an "accident" seriously strains credulity. So Jodi wouldn't have noticed the extra wait of a bridge camera while transporting the towel (and MAYBE his clothes) downstairs where the laundry area was located? We're not talking about a small, pocket camera here, but a bridge camera. I own one. They're pretty heavy. She would have noticed the weight. Furthermore, we KNOW that she had no intention of taking the camera with her because she chose to delete the final three pictures. Why do that if your plan was to take it and toss it over the hoover damn where she likely tossed the gun? Why do that if you intended on taking memory card?

I truly believe she thought deleting the pics and putting the camera through a wash cycle would render the the camera useless. She did state on the stand that she knew deleted pics could be retrieved but I think she's lying about that. I think she doused it with bleach and thought they'd never be able to find the pics.
I also believe she left the camera there because (in her mind knowing she did it) it would have been the only thing missing/stolen from the house and her being a photog. would make her suspect of taking it.:moo:

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

JA has never felt remorse for anything. She is incapable of feeling remorse.
With respect to her “crying” episodes while on the stand – please go back and carefully look at her eyes and nose. These episodes are merely theatrics on cue. She never generates tears or red swollen eyes. She carefully covers her eyes and face and then pretends to “sob”. When the “cue” is completed she resorts to her normal cunning self.

What came first?....Jodi's vague memory of knife-might-be-in-dishwasher OR.....did Jodi SEE evidence photo #68

https://twitter.com//status/312656044402819073/photo/1

She needed to place the knife in the house otherwise it would imply she brought it with her. So I wonder which came first? Me-thinks she saw the photo first!

How better to rid it of DNA and fingerprints? Now why she purposely put it in the washing machine is beyond me. She so easily could have disposed of it with the knife, gun, bloody clothing, etc.

I think that's why many people struggle with her washing it deliberately because everything else left with her and it seems a truly silly mistake given how elaborate the rest of her cover up was.

She could've taken the camera, but she didn't. Not only is it heavy but its also a very bulky camera. She could've taken the memory card out of the camera but the fact she didn't leads me to believe she truly thought she'd deleted everything and nothing would be recoverable.

JMO

How better to rid it of DNA and fingerprints? Now why she purposely put it in the washing machine is beyond me. She so easily could have disposed of it with the knife, gun, bloody clothing, etc.

I think that's why many people struggle with her washing it deliberately because everything else left with her and it seems a truly silly mistake given how elaborate the rest of her cover up was.

She could've taken the camera, but she didn't. Not only is it heavy but its also a very bulky camera. She could've taken the memory card out of the camera but the fact she didn't leads me to believe she truly thought she'd deleted everything and nothing would be recoverable.

JMO

I do think she left it intentionally due to her being a photographer. In her mind, she probably believed that taking it would somehow incriminate her.

But, then again, we probably give her too much credit for stuff and over analyze certain things.

Apparently it was a message for MM to be delivered from Donovan. She didn't deny it, or give an explanation. When asked about the numbers written down in the second magazine she said they looked like "page numbers". If she was going to play dumb, I don't think she would have said 'page' numbers, but just numbers. I assume she already has an excuse lined up.

I believe her answer that those numbers were page numbers was a slip. When questioned about whether the notes in the magazine were written in pencil her reply was "I don't know, I haven't seen them". That leads me to believe that she is going to claim she did not write them.

However, her saying they were page numbers without ever having "seen" the notes before, and her not writing the notes, how would she know they were page numbers?

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I don't know if I can sit through direct of the quack but I will watch the hearing and cross when that happens.

BK on InSession right now and said there were already lots of questions in the basket for Samuels.

BK on InSession right now and said there were already lots of questions in the basket for Samuels.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I can't stand the notion of this guy being on the stand for any more time.

:seeya: from :canada:

Waiting for the :drama: of Samuels being stopped in his tracks, I :please:

Snipped O/T :
Lol. I am always complaining about my fat fingers!!

Combine fat fingers with a teeny smartphone with text to talk! Many of my posts are just unbelievably misspelled and incorrect language!

I just had for corrections to do on that one just now!

See! I can't even spell the number for correctly doing talk to text, and I am just too lazy I guess! Especially when threads move fast and I want to catch up. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member