Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #32 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know if I could be in the courtroom if this was my son or brother. Is it worth it to hear the lies......I don't know if I could ever get the words out of my head. It is bad enough to mourn the loss but to have to sit there while the murderer gets tell her story is cruel. I think I would stay home and think of my loved one in better times. Prayers go out to TA s family.

ITA unfortunately we are not in a perfect world ;)
Quite the contrary; Juror's Do notice Who is in the courtroom and the more supporters the Better and the defense is well aware JA needed More family members there to show she is 'human'..
Although the comment JA made will be etched in the Juror's minds "no jury will convict me" and hopefully Juan will play the totality of that exert "because I am Innocent"..
IMO Juan should keep it 'simple' on all her 'lies' like he has already shown to do in order to discredit her.. notice Juan objected for 'exact' dates? go go Juan!!

Blah... I'm such a caveman, I seen JA appearing to show real emotion and my heart wants to feel sympathy. But then I see Travis's family and that all washes away thinking, none of those tears will give back a life that was stolen. Won't undo all the hurt that she caused. Someone should hit me with Tolberone chocolate!

That stuff is nommy...I want to be hit back with it!

Ya know what would be FUN? If Juan M said he needed to get a quick x-ray on that finger to see if it is broken or just has a severed tendon....

Maybe Juan tracked down the actual owner of the penis in question in the photos and promised to play the entire tape for the jurors in rebuttal!

Either one would be great! :great:

I don't see it. From the time I saw the tapes until now she never had anything real. Today was way different than what is seen. She is a poor actress.....never seen anything like this from jher.

My point exactly. Considering everything she's been through in this courtroom, including having her most personal anatomy displayed for the world, obscene murder handiwork photos, in-depth reliving of all the most (supposed) crushing, humiliating and degrading moments of her life, NOW we get some real emotion? Something big happened in there. Something that made her feel out of control, exposed, and afraid.

We should take bets on how she reappears in court. My guess is that she will be back to her usual self, with no trace of upset. If she still looks upset, we can bet the chit is about to hit the fan.

Manipulation 101

Version One: Wasn't there, didn't do it. Feel sorry for Travis.
Version Two: Ninjas got us, but I bravely drove them away. Feel sorry for Travis.
Version Three: Travis was an abusive pedophile whom I tried to help and cure; instead he got mad and tried to kill me, so I butchered and shot him. Feel sorry for Jodi.

I hope the book Shanna is writing is really good. Sounds like she's going to do a great job with this book.

Can't wait to read it.

It would be great if they found some reason; some law not to allow that tape to come in...
:)

I still fail to understand how Jodi's word that the other person is Travis is good enough for a courtroom. I would think there would have to be a known voice sample of Travis and a scientific comparison. Or phone records that show that exact length of call on both phones. What am I missing?

I get the court allowing her lies to wash all over that courtroom, but when there is important evidence that could be independently verified why is her 'word" (lie) enough?

they just mention plea on IS.... also said JA is an absolute mess knowing she will be asked about the day she murdered Travis

She knew this day was coming. If she planned to claim self defense, of course she would be testifying about the gruesome murder, she knew it and she is just getting ready for another lying performance. That bobble head doesn't know what she is a mess about, just speculation. They are always saying stupid things.

Ok so HLN know nothing either .... if she's crying she didn't get her way so I'm happy with whatever happened ...

Ya know what would be FUN? If Juan M said he needed to get a quick x-ray on that finger to see if it is broken or just has a severed tendon....

Oh I hope this is the case! She sure was keeping her left hand out of view instead of waving it around like he has in the past.

rrkpdh.png

I'm at an appointment and am checking in.

What the heck can the issue be???? I'm dying of curiosity. However, I'm selfishly glad that I'm not missing anything.

I gotta get home!

One of the talking heads on IS just stated, that he thought a plea deal was in the works.

After yesterday's testimony, there is no incentive for TA's family to accept anything less than the DP. JA has already said pretty much the worst of the worst. She accused TA of being a homophobe, pedophile, blasphemer, hypocrite, vulgarian, domestic abuser & distracted driver. Maybe today she wanted to testify that he also didn't return library books on time and was a jaywalker.

ITA. This was as premeditated and calculated. Cruel and brutal. The overall premeditation continued on after the murder, setting up her alibi - dining with friends and grinding with another man within hours after killing him. She kept manipulating and playing the family and LE with her voluntary phone calls, wanting to help the investigation, sending Travis' grandmother flowers, inserting herself into the mourning of Travis' life. Even though it took her several years and a few stories, this final story seems an extension of her premeditation. When she couldn't stalk him and blackmail him and keep him with sex, she eliminated him and is now doing everything imaginable to "WIN". You can't get any lower. She personifies evil.

His families wishes for her fate should win in an ideal world, but I wouldn't mind throwing her in solitary confinement 23 1/2 hours a day for the rest of her life. No contact, no socializing, no ANYTHING. Just her and her rotten mind alone.

Does JM get to do a voire dire over the sex tape, possibly bringing things into question that will discredit or marginalize it?

Yes, both parties were definitely alive.

The objection in the AZ case I'm talking about was that the recording was illegal when and where it was made.

In the case you're talking about, the recording would have been LEGAL when and where made, so not excludable for the reason that it was created by breaking the law. So there was presumably some other reason for exclusion--like CA state policy against secret recordings.

hey AZ I got a question for ya!

Do you think Juan will attempt to impeach Arias on her testimony? (and how in the hell would he go about doing that) tia

Jean Casarus just said on TruTv that a friend of Jodi's family told a reporter in the courtroom 'Jodi is a mess today, a real mess, because she is so upset about having to testilie about the day she killed Travis.'

You do the crime you do the time Jodi. :jail:

If all this is because she is "upset" about having to talk about the day she killed Travis I (as a non-important person in this case with no pull) will be pretty pizzzzzed. ALl this drama because she has to testify?!!?! I doubt the jury would be sympathetic to that trick, IF that is what is going on.
ETA Well, Jinkasarus said that this is what the delay actually is. She is upset. Holy. Cow. Really?! Jury will not find sympathy with this trick now....no way.

I have a very strong feeling the will be no testimony today. She is unfit or ill, ala CA.

apologize if this has been covered last night or today but haven't caught up on all posts... Does anyone know what happened with the guy that visits JA in jail all the time? Saw parts of JVM last night and they said he was going to be on show but was a no show and wasn't answering phone calls. My first thought (and DH as well) was that he may have been arrested or was being questioned about the stolen laptop of the Prosecution rebuttal witness. Just thought about it again today with the delays and Jodi's emo drama today. Anyone have any updates on this guy or the stolen laptop?

Her first story, was that the ninja's sliced it, then she said Travis broke it.

ETA. Her finger.

Actually, there are three stories about the finger. First she told Ryan Burns on June 5, 2008, that the cuts on her bandaged hand were from a broken glass at Margaritaville where she worked (lie), then she said in her interrogation that she was cut by the female ninja (lie), and now she is saying that it was broken from Travis kicking her.

If I were a juror, based on two previous lies regarding this incident, I would immediately discount her story unless there was direct and solid evidence. That goes for everything (not just the finger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member