Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same subject for gun enthusiasts. Does the supporting hand have gun powder residue? Does the target show stippling or does it depend on the target.

It depends on the closeness when fired. She fired at least 2 feet away so there would be no stippling found on the victim as there would be if it was a close range shot.

Yes, if she used both hands when the gunpower and gases excape with the bullet being fired then both hands would have some gunshot residue.

However she wasnt arrested until July 15, 2008 irrc.

Any injury to the head will probably cause the victim to be in shock so whether he was shot first or stabbed he would have been in shock which is the body's reaction to a severe injury. I don't think any of his injuries were superficial as most, if not all were deep. He also had an stabbing injury to his head where a piece of his skull is missing and that would have caused him to go into shock. I believe he may have told Jodi to go for help because he was in shock and did not know what was happening to him. I don't think Travis attacked her at all. I think she took him by surprise, maybe while he was drying his hair with a towel. When your body goes into shock you sometimes can't make sense of what is happening to you. jmo

Just read this in my Facebook stream. Thought you all might find it interesting.
http://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

<modsnipped>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder why JA feels it's okay for her mom to hear the phone sex, but not her dad. I think she hates her mom. I also think she's very much like her mom. But she seems to have a daddy-complex, ever his little girl?

Wonder what you two would say if indeed TA was shot first and dear Dr Horn was incorrect ?

Well... If there was a video and Dr Horn was proven wrong... I'd say, "I was wrong"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wont see it. It is a very fine mist of gunpowder. That is why LE has to do a sampling if the hands to see if it is present.

You simply wash it off with soap and water.

You can smell it when its fired but it disipates rather quickly.

IMO

Does each type of handgun use different amounts of gunpowder in the bullets? Does the fine mist of gunpowder get on your clothes too?

Bringing this post over from the closed thread to reply.

I have full faith in this jury. Her lies are so obvious even to a layperson, imo.

They are not going to be fooled by the antics of JAs or her agenda. They heard the real voice tone of JA on the sex tape.

DD is an idiot many times. He wants to tie everything to abuse. :banghead:

That juror.. should they exist and I dont think they do.. will have to get by 11 other sound minded jurors who will deliberate and show the one lone wolf that sympathy is not allowed when coming to a verdict. In fact they will be given that instruction. I find 99.9% of jurors do the right thing and abide by their oath, law and jury instructions. Cases like CAs are an anomaly.

IMO

I sincerely hope you are right.

For the record, I wasn't suggesting they would acquit her, a la Casey Anthony. I just think they may give her LWOP instead of death.

Does each type of handgun use different amounts of gunpowder in the bullets? Does the fine mist of gunpowder get on your clothes too?

Yes, the larger the bullet more gunpowder and gases will escape.

It would get on your clothing........for instance if she had on a long sleeve shirt when she fired the gun then the cuffs would most likely have some gunshot residue.

But then again her clothing was never found. I think she burned them in the AZ. desert.

IMO

Continuing the conscious / unconscious argument from the previous thread - yes, I believe the ME indicated the initial shock from the bullet would have made Travis unconscious. I don't believe he testified whether or not Travis might have regained consciousness.

I think she shot him thinking it would do the job. He slumped in the shower and JA left the bathroom and possibably put the gun away. Her purse or backpack maybe?

She returned to the bathroom only to discover Travis had regained consciousness and he was standing at the sink. Blood was flowing from his mouth and nose as indicated by blood pattern.

In a complete rage JA gets the knife and starts stabbing him in the back, neck and scalp. Travis was probably blinded in at least one eye from the shot so he does not fully comprehend what is happening. Hand defense wounds occur here

He turns around and she stabs him in the chest. The ME testified that the fatal heart wound was inflicted with a slight upward trajectory. That wound could not have been inflicted while he was sitting in the shower.

He collapses to the floor and in one final attempt to save himself he crawls on all fours trying to escape the horror by makes it as far as the threshold to the bedroom. His life ends here.

The gunshot came last folks cannot explain how the gunshot was inflicted if it was not first. If he was lying on the bathroom floor when she shot him how do we explain the trajectory of the bullet? The angle is wrong She certainly did not shoot him after she dragged him back to the shower because the angle was all wrong here too.

My 2 cents.

Continuing the conscious / unconscious argument from the previous thread - yes, I believe the ME indicated the initial shock from the bullet would have made Travis unconscious. I don't believe testified whether or not Travis might have regained consciousness.

I think she shot him thinking it would do the job. He slumped in the shower and JA left the bathroom and possibably put the gun away. Her purse or backpack maybe?

She returned to the bathroom only to discover Travis had regained consciousness and he was standing at the sink. Blood was flowing from his mouth and nose as indicated by blood pattern.

In a complete rage JA gets the knife and starts stabbing him in the back, neck and scalp. Travis was probably blinded in at least one eye from the shot so he does not fully comprehend what is happening.

He turns around and she stabs him in the chest. The ME testified that the fatal heart wound was inflicted with a slight upward trajectory. That wound could not have been inflicted while he was sitting in the shower.

He collapses to the floor and in one final attempt to save himself he crawls on all fours trying to escape the horror bye makes it as far as the threshold to the bedroom. His life ends here.

The gunshot came last folks cannot explain how the gunshot was inflicted if it was not first. If he was lying on the bathroom floor when she shot him how do we explain the trajectory of the bullet? The angle is wrong She certainly did not shoot him after she dragged him back to the shower because the angle was all wrong here too.

My 2 cents.

I respect everyone's right to their own opinion.

I just dont think all that is logical in the extremely tight time interval we are dealing with in this case.

The photos do not support that imo.

Why is the angle wrong. He is below her when she fired.:waitasec:

Continuing the conscious / unconscious argument from the previous thread - yes, I believe the ME indicated the initial shock from the bullet would have made Travis unconscious. I don't believe he testified whether or not Travis might have regained consciousness.

In a complete rage JA gets the knife and starts stabbing him in the back, neck and scalp. Travis was probably blinded in at least one eye from the shot so he does not fully comprehend what is happening. Hand defense wounds occur here

He collapses to the floor and in one final attempt to save himself he crawls on all fours trying to escape the horror by makes it as far as the threshold to the bedroom. His life ends here.

My 2 cents.

You raise an interesting point. Most interesting one I've read thus far.

Except we don't know what position he could have been in on the bathroom floor before she stuffed him back in the shower.

It depends on the closeness when fired. She fired at least 2 feet away so there would be no stippling found on the victim as there would be if it was a close range shot.

Yes, if she used both hands when the gunpower and gases excape with the bullet being fired then both hands would have some gunshot residue.

However she wasnt arrested until July 15, 2008 irrc.

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject. Someone in a previous thread posted pics of bullets. Does each firearm require a certain type of bullet? Or are they interchangeable?

My 2 cents.

This isn't technically a physical impossibility (or at least I don't have a direct quote from the ME saying it isn't) but it's highly, highly improbable based on what Oceanblue explained. This whole thing occurred within a matter of a few minutes.

I believe WS should pass a new rule requiring posters to post the amount of autopsies they've performed before refuting the testimonies of credible medical examiners.

While I happen to trust and believe Dr Horn, people should not be blind followers. Every one of us should question what they are presented by anyone. It is when you try to disqualify the verified expert opinion when you aren't an expert in that field or even worse, have only common knowledge of it. That to me is just silly. imo

I respect everyone's right to their own opinion.

I just dont think all that is logical in the extremely tight time interval we are dealing with in this case.

The photos do not support that imo.

Why is the angle wrong. He is below her when she fired.:waitasec:

BBM

I was referring to the path of the bullet. From above, thru skull just above right eyebrow traveling downward thru sinus cavity and lodging in left cheek. I think she shot him almost immediately after that last pic was taken of him sitting in his shower.

My 2 cents.

Not enough time for her to leave the bathroom. She was fully dressed so if she left self defense goes out the window big time. She can't say she ran downstairs to get a knife, or nor could she say she brought one upstairs because none of the knives were missing. jmo

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject. Someone in a previous thread posted pics of bullets. Does each firearm require a certain type of bullet? Or are they interchangeable?

Usually a bullet is bought for the type of caliber gun you have.

Now we do have a .357 magnum that we can use .38 bullets in it or .357 bullets.

Why do you ask if I may ask?

IMO

You raise an interesting point. Most interesting one I've read thus far.

Except we don't know what position he could have been in on the bathroom floor before she stuffed him back in the shower.

If Travis was laying face up on the bathroom floor i cannot picture where JA would have been standing in order to shoot him consistent with the bullet path.

Jodi has an old Mormon guy visiting her (atleast 10 times) and they pray together.

Being reported by radar online.

I sincerely hope you are right.

For the record, I wasn't suggesting they would acquit her, a la Casey Anthony. I just think they may give her LWOP instead of death.

Will the jury be allowed to consider 2nd degree murder?? That is my only serious concern, because that would put the penalty as something less than life in prison.

Susan Wright brutally stabbed her husband 192 times and buried him under their patio. She was only found guilty of 2nd degree murder. She was originally sentenced to 25 years, which was reduced to 20 years with an appeal.That was a travesty, imo-- she should have been in prison for life, if not the DP. That woman will probably be paroled at some point, which is just sickening to me.

For Jodi, LWOP or DP is fine with me. As long as LWOP really "means" LWOP, and she is never parole eligible. She should never walk the streets free again, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975