jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope that happens when he gets to the murder itself. she gave flores a lot of details about travis on all fours, holding his head, saying it hurt, telling her to go get help, etc. were those real memories or were they lies?

i'm sure he has it all planned out---when he gets to that part, with all the pictures and the wounds, etc., it will be interesting to see how she reacts. i'm sure she's been well prepared for it.

I think he will fulfill her "morbid curosity":fence:

Maybe Jodi doesn't know what MM told the prosecution, and although she thought MM would be loyal to her ~ the way JM keeps bringing it up, she is unsure now of just what MM has said to them. MOO

The only way MM could betray Jodi is if he told the truth. She's not dating him so detrayal would involve him testifying to the truth. If he tells the truth and it does not suppose Jodi then she would feel detrayed because she lied. I think that is the point JM is making. jmo

Anticipating the redirect relating to the defendant's journal--

--Her entry about her plan to return to Yreka actually helps her, IMO. It backs up her statements on direct that she chose to leave to put distance between the 2 of them and that she thought it would be beneficial to them both.

--Her claim that she wrote in her journal only those things that she "wanted to remember." Far more believable than not wanting to say bad things about Travis out of respect for his privacy, or because of the Law of Attractions garbage. (I don't buy it, BTW, but think it could help that one juror who may still want to believe the defendant's story of self defense).

2/25/2013
This says motion to preclude ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED TO THE LETTERS WRITTEN BY TRAVIS ALEXANDER TO MS. ARIAS

Will this be allowed to come in. Who filed this and is this the stack of letters Nurmi brought to the bench when she testified about sending his grandma the 18 pg letter. I hope its allowed in. And if its Travis' words to Jodi telling her to leave him alone or calling her out on her behavior of stalking then I think it should be allowed. Gonna post this in the legal thread for the lawyers on here.

That may be kind of tricky to figure out because if they are asking to preclude all evidence related to letters written by Travis that would not be inclusive of those deemed fraudulent because Travis didn't write them, right? This is pretty confusing, actually.

Though I'm easily confused. :)

Catching up on thread from yesterday/so far today':

1. On sending 20 irises to T's grandmother. I think she chose irises to be cruel. Her way of saying to the woman who essentially was T's mother- Iris is the name of a child Travis will never have and a "granddaughter" you will never have because Travis made the wrong choice and wouldn't marry me.

2. After 2 days now of direct, I'm struck by how often JM circles back to the topic of Matt. I'm thinking that he's lining up Matt to testify during rebuttal- to either impeach the bejeebers out of her on multiple counts, OR, to destroy his credibility, as the defendant seems to be counting on Matt to back up her claims of abuse. (I think she is talking to him directly when she said, repeatedly.. " I HOPE he doesn't betray me. " Note the present tense.

3. No way of proving it, but I think her itinerary for the premeditated kill trip was another of her creepy "symbologies." A chronological trip through boyfriends... - From Matt and Darryl (the past) to Travis (present), then off to Ryan Burns, representing the future.

4. I've been keeping a list in my head of the most vicious/offensive things she's said on the stand:

--That Travis was a pedophile.

--That Trvis essentially raped her on the day of her baptism, while both were wearing baptismal clothes.

--That she felt Travis's presence on the day of his memorial and felt relieved because she knew "he wasn't angry at me anymore."

-- That it was OK to get down with Ryan Burns hours after slaughtering Travis because " I am single."

Adding from yesterday, though it falls into the slightly different category of I can't believe she said that.. That even though she had just killed Travis, when talking to Leslie in the car in Utah she maintained that she still "hoped" that her kids and Travis's would be able to play together. WTF????

Very interesting. Nice catch.

JA says she gets scrambled when men are yelling at her and I am assuming under stress...........then she says when TA chased her she went straight for the gun!!!!!!! Give me a break!!!

Can someone give me a brief explanation of what the deal is with the forged letters? I don't recall hearing about them. Or point me where I can see what this is about? TIA!

I believe this is what happened with them. If I have anything wrong somebody who knows more please correct me.

It appears that Jodi had a friend (most here seem to believe it was MM) create some letters to Jodi from TA that proved he was a pedophile. These letters surfaced after Jodi took over her own defense, but had lawyers behind her helping her. They started having a hearing on the admissibility of these letters. I believe the prosecution contended they were not from TA. Halfway through the hearing the defense withdrew the letters and said they wouldn't try to admit them.

Someone said here (I think I know who, but I want to be 100% sure.) that they thought it was strange that the defense tried to admit them and then withdrew them halfway through the evidentiary hearing. This person believes that the defense lawyers working with her discovered that the letters had actually been forged and due to law had to withdraw them. Soon after this Jodi said she was in over her head and decided to let her council take over the case.

Her mother walked into the offices of the National Enquirer after they were deemed inadmissible. She begged them to put them in the paper because they were her daughter's last chance. The NE refused to run them.

That's how I remember it. Again, if anyone can support or correct me, I'd appreciate it.

post this in the legal thread. I have the same question. Can he take the stand or is he in some kind of legal trouble?

done. we'll see what the experts say. i think there's something called 'limited use' or something like that.

But the motion is to preclude them. I would think the defense would want them in. I'm so confused......

Maybe because Travis explains WHY she's the "c" word???

IIRC, he had it with her and fired off a nasty email to her basically reeming her and IIRC, might have gone into some of HER "issues"....????

Like maybe her stalking and slashing the tires, coming unannounced, on into infinity....so, the email from Travis TO Jodi was pretty damning to Jodi....so that's why defense wants it kept out.

I'm talking about a TOTAL diff set of letters....NOT the handwritten fake ones.

TA sent TO Jodi a pretty nasty email....or maybe several.

JA says she gets scrambled when men are yelling at her and I am assuming under stress...........then she says when TA chased her she went straight for the gun!!!!!!! Give me a break!!!

I am so sick of listening to her "Aaron" ... I so wish Juan would draw out her "Roy".

Clips from Primal Fear, in case anyone doesn't get the reference ;)

Prepping Aaron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYLokGkYl4E&list=PL0F3B26A285F16F12&index=2

Meeting Roy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyGbtYaVcaA

WARNING: If you haven't seen the movie and want to, don't watch this clip from the end of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaW0HZ_Qy8&list=PL0F3B26A285F16F12&index=9

Amazing movie! Have seen it countless times and now want to see it again! :)

I believe this is what happened with them. If I have anything wrong somebody who knows more please correct me.

It appears that Jodi had a friend (most here seem to believe it was MM) to create some letters to Jodi from TA. These letters surfaced after Jodi took over her own defense, but had lawyers behind her helping her. They started having a hearing on the admissibility of these letters. I believe the prosecution contended they were not from TA. Halfway through the hearing the defense withdrew the letters and said they wouldn't try to admit them.

Based on what someone said here (I think I know who, but I want to be 100% sure.) that they thought it was strange that the defense tried to admit them and then withdrew them halfway through the evidentiary hearing. This person believes that the defense lawyers working with her discovered that the letters had actually been forged and due to law had to withdraw them. Soon after this Jodi said she was in over her head and decided to let her council take over the case.

Her mother walked into the offices of the National Enquirer after the were deemed inadmissible. She begged them to put them in the paper because they were her daughter's last chance. The NE refused to run them.

That's how I remember it. Again, if anyone can support or correct me, I'd appreciate it.

I think you're correct. I also think the the contents in the letter, conveniently contained corroborating words from TA admitting to pedophilia, abuse, rape, etc. How convenient for Jodi!

eta - I also think it's the defense that wants them out because they know exactly what road JM is going down with all this questioning and talk of MM. They know, if he goes there (and I think he for SURE is), and proves that it's all another lie and attempt to tamper with evidence, it will basically be sticking the needle in her arm.

I think you're correct. I also think the the contents in the letter, conveniently contained corroborating words from TA admitting to pedophilia, abuse, rape, etc. How convenient for Jodi!

Thanks! :)

It appears that Jodi had a friend (most here seem to believe it was MM) create some letters to Jodi from TA that proved he was a pedophile. These letters surfaced after Jodi took over her own defense, but had lawyers behind her helping her. They started having a hearing on the admissibility of these letters. I believe the prosecution contended they were not from TA. Halfway through the hearing the defense withdrew the letters and said they wouldn't try to admit them.

Based on what someone said here (I think I know who, but I want to be 100% sure.) that they thought it was strange that the defense tried to admit them and then withdrew them halfway through the evidentiary hearing. This person believes that the defense lawyers working with her discovered that the letters had actually been forged and due to law had to withdraw them. Soon after this Jodi said she was in over her head and decided to let her council take over the case.

Her mother walked into the offices of the National Enquirer after the were deemed inadmissible. She begged them to put them in the paper because they were her daughter's last chance. The NE refused to run them.

:blowkiss: Thanks Steely!

That may be kind of tricky to figure out because if they are asking to preclude all evidence related to letters written by Travis that would not be inclusive of those deemed fraudulent because Travis didn't write them, right? This is pretty confusing, actually.

Though I'm easily confused. :)
I don't think this has to do with the fraud pedo letters, i think this is the email travis wrote her when he goes off on her for the last time about invading his property, stalking etc. If these letters come out it will look bad on Jodi's behalf. I don't think the defense would want a letter like this to come in, hence the notice to preclude the letters.

I really wish they would allow the 18 page letter to mum mum in. If she had the nerve to write that woman details of his murder using the Ninja's as her stand in then I would convict her soley for that. Its crazy how she says she can't remember stabbing him but feels that his family should know his last words thoughts and what the ninja's did to Travis. For someone who was only showed her foot and travis bleeding on the ground, she seems to remember a lot. How could she lie to fit the evidence when only one pic shows her foot and Travis? i hope juan calls her out on that and play the interrogation again. I say let the 18pg manifesto in :furious:

"Did she reasonably fear GREAT BODILY HARM when she picked up that gun?"

This ^^^ is what attorney Mark Eiglarsh says is the ONLY relevant question left in this case.
He says that unless she can establish that, she cannot win this case. And he doesn't think she has done that , and neither do I.

Jodi has no fear... she had none before and she has none now.

Neither here nor there, just some thoughts.

Jodi didn't seem to steal family and friends money on a consistent basis. At least, I haven't heard that, like I did with KC.

Surprised, Jodi couldn't cut it signing up PPL members for her income. She wasn't making money at it even with Gus as a mentor. She went to all those company functions, but she was a PPL loser with no awards. That's a shame because she's really quite good at researching and following up on old ex bf's in her tickler file with her hidden agendas. Couldn't sell PPL though.

I think the comparison is interesting too, Curious.

I think JA probably took out a lot of 'loans' from her boyfriends. We know from TA, DB for sure. Phone given to her from Gus. I heard some other guy (can't remember who, restaurant patron?) she borrowed $$ to go to AZ. Gas cans from DB.

She borrowed from her Mom to afford to get back to CA.

I don't think she is nearly as good a thief as KC, but I think she was scamming off many people through the years. She had to be, IMO, because she couldn't have been making much money, as little as it seems she spent time working.

..and he stood there wet and naked and waited for her to find it and get ready to shoot him. :waitasec: .. Even though they couldnt have been more than a few feet apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member