Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis lost so much blood. I wonder if it lessened the smell.

"A blood-filled circulatory system acts as a super-highway for those organisms that destroy the body after death. Without blood the process of putrefaction is slowed."

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/the-talking-corpse-postmortem-decomposition/
Wow. Good find. I found something that talks about which gasses happen at 2-3 days vs. at 3 weeks. Lost it now, but could tell us something about why the smell stayed in his bedroom. Not worth finding - just noting it.

Travis lost so much blood. I wonder if it lessened the smell.

"A blood-filled circulatory system acts as a super-highway for those organisms that destroy the body after death. Without blood the process of putrefaction is slowed."

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/the-talking-corpse-postmortem-decomposition/

Some of those facts are quite inaccurate, but give a general idea. I know this from watching Elmer Fudd testify about the body farm in CA case. Loved that guy!

Caley was skeletonized in months, not 5 years for one...

I agree with you in this post. The attorneys all have their own style which
we can either dislike or like. As long as the end result is the right one it's
all good.
I just wanted to add something regarding Jodi's state of mind. I think she
is showing the true colors of a certain mindset. I took a class on
dialectical behavior a few years back which proved very insightful.
That said, Jodi definitely has a disorder. Which one is the big question.
From the breakup to the trip is what started her unraveling and increased obsession with Travis.

I think it escalated like the poster above said and it's all she thought about.
She was going with Travis on that trip come hell or high water and would
use any means to accomplish this.
If it meant no Travis so be it. Jodie's emotions have now taken a new high
and to relieve the pain she has to fix things. And that she did.

I say all this because I believe her demeanor shows more of satisfaction than
someone who did wrong. Once she can't manipulate any longer fear sets in
and she has someone waiting in the shadows.
These people will take the punishment as they know their problem is solved.
In this case, no one else has Travis and never will; and that CanCun trip is
history. Jodie is relieved in her MIND> Now she knows where he is!

I totally agree with this post.
Is that still sociopathic behaviour,or is that something else altogether?
It's not like she is unable to emphasize,she just had to FIX an unmanagable pain.She is happy and relieved that she killed Travis.She will never be remorseful about what she did.She just thought she would get away with it.But she won't.

I was wondering about that too and I assumed they were medicated.

Me, I would be a blubbering snotty mess seeing and hearing what my child did to another person.
Denial can be very powerful though. I imagine if I truly believed my daughter was fighting for her life against a man attempting to kill her I'd be seeing his murder through that lens. (I've followed loads of murder cases but only a handful of parents held their children accountable.)

No doubt it will be brought up in trial. The DA will try to make him look like a lying hypocrite in order to mar his character enough to plant a seed in the jury's mind of a duplicitous man also capable of DV in order to save their clients life.

I hope the PA will find a way to establish that most religions (and all of the major ones ) have high moral codes that hardly anyone lives up to completely. The odds are good that someone on the jury may even have spiritual struggles or know of someone who does. If they can relate to it at all then they won't be snowed by a hatchet job on TA's character.
The problem with this is that so many of Travis' friends - many devout Mormons themselves - did know about his spiritual struggles and Jodi. It never impacted the way they felt about him, their own faith, or even their impression of his faith.

I was wondering where the dog would've been during the struggle. Good point, thanks!
Locked out of the bedroom. I have to do the same with one of my pups. ;)

I think this trip to Cancun with another woman was a MUCH bigger trigger to Jodi than anyone has talked about. That was, in effect, her line in the sand. It simply was not going to happen. He could agree with her and everything would be nice, or they could do things the hard way. Either way, Mimi wasn't going to Cancun.

JMHO!
RSBM
My theory is nearly the same as yours with the exception that I was discounting how important Cancun was to her until reading Chris Hughes' statement online. Apparently Cancun was on their list of 1,000 Places, iirc.

I'm curious as to where the dog was when Travis was found. I'm assuming not in the master suite.

Wouldn't his roommates have noticed if the dog was locked out, presumably barking at the bedroom door days later? Or at least bothering them for food? I totally could see the roommates not smelling anything or having reason to be alarmed BUT the dog makes things harder to comprehend. Unless of course the dog wasn't there at all, possibly boarded somewhere in anticipation of Travis' Cabo trip?
Napoleon was at the house. The nature of Travis' relationship with his roommates though is they all lived very separate lives. They've stated online it just wasn't unusual for them to go for days without seeing him.
Jodi absolutely knew about the trip - I feel certain of it, and had completely pre-meditated the solution to Travis going with someone else. I feel like the whole afternoon was staged to lull Travis into security thinking good old Jodi would be right there for him...and I think the idea of the flash blinding him is a perfect fit! I can't manage to take a photo with 2 hands, but since Jodi was a professional photographer I'm sure she could take a picture with one hand and hold the knife with the other! She knew exactly what she was going to do if Travis didn't agree to take HER instead. From the pictures of their dating we know that Jodi loved to travel. Him taking someone else must have been eating her alive.
She wasn't although I agree with your post. She took pics of friends but there was never really any ambition towards 'professional' photography - no website, no portfolio, no business plan...she was a Casey type photographer imo.

Perhaps Jodi asked him to pose, facing the wall in the shower with the water running down his back but the shower door open. Travis worked out so he had a decent physique and she wasn't shy about being nude on the camera so he may have just figured this was just another picture and obligingly faced the wall. He would have the water running over him which would have blocked out some noise and his eyes closed since water was running over him and she ambushed him.

The flash blinding him theory was a good theory but I think there would have been a picture taken if the flash had gone off and that pic would not have been had the expression he had in the last known picture.
There are 20 shower pics of Travis - many of him clearly posing.

,another question. Not that I have ever tried it, but doesn't it seem like it would take a lot of strength to slash tires? It seems almost impossible.

Are tires steel steel belted?

I am not sure the tire slashing can be brought up as there is no proof it was she.

I am sure it was, but in court, I can't see it.
Well...we know she was certainly strong enough to murder, drag, and pose someone much larger than her. :waitasec:

I am going by my own feelings, of course, but if I really felt someone was going to kill me, I would take action.

I have a former friend who my husband calls a soul sucker because she copies me and tries to outdo me and take over my friends, etc. I dropped her. Refuse to talk to her, etc. She only lives a mile from me.

Hubby and I talked about , "how dangerous do you think she is?" I know she takes revenge.

I do not think she is a killer, but if really did, I would do something about it.

I just cannot believe that anyone would sit by passively thinking someone will kill you. I am sure he said it, but kind of more joking. It is now that it seems prophetic. Travis was a mover and a shaker, not a passive person, I feel.
I believe Travis just didn't realize how dangerous Jodi was - which is the case for countless victims of intimate partner violence. I don't know if he was joking...but I know I said the same of my ex (I wasn't joking) but I also didn't understand the gravity of it. He said he would kill me, I said he might kill me, but I never truly believed he could kill me. I wouldn't say that now - I know he would if he got the chance. It took seeing the level of violence pitched to record heights when I left to make me realize this.

Young people are often not good time keepers or watch dogs because at that age they are so into their own lives and seem to be so busy that you'd think they were Congress-men/women. I can't believe how busy the lives of the young 20's and 30's are today. This, coupled with the fact that Travis was constantly traveling, AND, most of his friends knew he was going to be on a trip to Mexico (probably didn't take note of the actual dates), make this very plausible to me. We all can sit here and say what we would do, but it's obvious from the facts of the case that this is not what any of them did. So, it happened.
Jumping off your post, norest...
When I was 16 years old I had a friend who went missing. She was cutting class to come meet me and several friends at another high school (we attended different schools). When she failed to show up none of us assumed the worst. Initially we believed she changed her mind or met up with other friends. When she didn't return home and her mother reported her missing we assumed she'd run away. There was a rational explanation for everything because the irrational never entered the realm of possibility.

My friend was found early the next morning, unconscious, and was rushed to hospital where she passed away a couple of days later. She'd been raped and beaten with a brick by two classmates who'd skipped school and confronted her as she made her way through a shortcut to come meet us. My point though is that most people don't automatically assume the worst even when things don't seem quite right. In hindsight it was very easy to put pieces together but in the midst of it your mind just doesn't move straight to worst case scenarios. (Of course now mine might after following true crime cases for a couple of decades.) FWIW

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...qkpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=pCwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6801,7671452
ETA: Both men, teenagers at the time of the crime, had their sentences upheld on appeal. They were both sentenced to LWOP in case anyone was wondering.

Hey guys & girls, I have just joined here after spending days upon days reading each thread on the Travis Alexander murder. I am so grateful to be able to come on board as it's a really nice group of people here.

Please forgive me for the jumping right in the deep end here, but I have some troubling questions.

I have figured out the "Accidental Image" of TA and Jodi and there's a reason why everyone here was having a hard time figuring it out. Part of the image was cut off / cropped in most of the news media, so I went
here and found the image shown in court and pointed out a few things I noticed.

Jodi is on her knees, you can see the sole or underside of her sneaker/trainer , she is LEFT handed so this matches up to the wound bleeding over the right shoulder first.

21nr3f7.jpg

This image also matches up to the image below where you can see that the tile and carpet meet and match up as indicated in the above image. The blood pooling and the round head shape also match up to this being the area where TA's throat was slit.

24qrdxy.png

255ut4w.png

We know Jodi had a camera, but the camera strap was left in the bag in the master bedroom, (The witness on the stand said the cord was unopened in the original packaging) The camera was found in the washer without a strap.

t9ik2b.png

We know the murder and pictures were all time stamped within 1 minute, so the murder and pictures took 1 minute and 38 seconds (Max)

My questions are :

A: How was Jodi able to take these images in 1 minute whilst murdering TA? without any camera strap to hold the camera?

B: How was she able to drag TA's body with the camera and the camera accidently snap an image of the ceiling?

C: Travis is alive in the image above as his arm is flexing , this image (imo) shows Jodi halfway through slitting his throat. Travis would be able to lift his arm for a few seconds before succumbing to dizziness and unconsciousness

Did Jodi set a timer on the camera? if so , how was she able to keep travis down long enough to pick the camera up and set the clock?

Roommates

The roommates said that for 5 days they had not noticed any foul odors whilst staying in the shared house. He even said he got home at around 6pm.

Enrique Cortez Jr: My work was usually from 8-4:30 in Tempe doing check fraud. At the time I was using the bus because gas was over $4.00/gallon. I would drive to Superstition Springs Mall, catch the 61 westbound, and got off at Priest and Southern. The ride was probably about an hour and 15 minutes. That bus ride home that day was probably what kept me from walking into a bad situation since I probably got home around 6 or later

Hang on a second, we know Jodi was most likely still there at 6pm! she was placing clothes in the washer. The Prosecution believe she was most likely there for up to 1-2 hours after.

The murder happened within a few minutes, she had to clean herself up, gather her things, drag Travis to the shower and take her time down in the laundry room.

Am I to believe that the roommate who got home 1/2 hour after the murder never saw Jodi? never noticed anything at all?

The roommate's ride home takes 1 hour and 15 mins. Which if he left say, from around 4:40-4:45 pm - this would take him up to around 6pm.

Odors

The Roommate says

You also have to remember how big the house was (4500-5000 sq ft) and how the master suite, including the bathroom, occupies only one side, with the other bedrooms on the opposite side of a huge loft from the bathroom's location. That Monday night was the first time I was noticing the smell because it took that long to finally leave the bathroom and reach that side of the top floor

We know Mimi Hall (first person on the scene, Monday, day 5) who took the stand last week stated "As soon as we walked through the front door it smelled bad"

The smell travelled from upstairs down to the front living area , so when Mimi Hall walked through the front door she could smell it.

So why would it take 5 days to reach the other side of the loft upstairs, a shorter distance away? Not to mention the fact that the roommates have to walk through the Front Door and go up the Stairs

Doesn't add up. Didn't they use the laundry room, kitchen - (at the bottom of the stairs) in those 5 days? am I to believe they didn't eat downstairs, feed the dog, notice the dog barking? (Mimi said the dog was barking and running around, hadn't been attended to in 5 days)

Mimi (Marie) Hall noticed the smell right away , so why didn't the roommates notice the smell, they had been living there for 5 days after the murder.

How could they only notice it that Monday?

My Mind Boggles.......

While I understand many of us have questions they could well be answered when the roommates testify. In the meantime it almost seems like we're blaming them for not noticing sooner when we don't have all the pieces of the puzzle. Had they found Travis that same night would any of this case be any different?

These two men lost their friend, were initially suspects, lost all access to their own possessions for some time and were made homeless, all in one night. Now they get to live with all the what ifs inherent in just knowing a homicide victim.

JMO and FWIW

Regarding the shower pic of the still alive Travis. I wonder if there is any way to zoom in on a reflection in his eyes. Especially his right eye. There is a reflection in there I just don't know if it is possible to zoom in that far.

@ BritsKate,unlike Casey Jodi did do at least some professional photography ,she has a myspace with the photos and they're also featured on another website
http://www.myspace.com/jfineart
@ Katherine,my initial thought was that Jodi was kneeling as well,I do see the sole of her shoe as well.

As far as the roommates ,no way do I believe they are in anyway involved.If Enrique got home at 6 and Jodi was still there ,she sneaked out somehow.
However like karmandy posted if Jodi wouldn't have confessed and the defense would use the story that she was set up by the roommates that would certainly have created some reasonable doubt.I'm glad Baez isn't her defense lawyer.

@ BritsKate,unlike Casey Jodi did do at least some professional photography ,she has a myspace with the photos and they're also featured on another website
http://www.myspace.com/jfineart
@ Katherine,my initial thought was that Jodi was kneeling as well,I do see the sole of her shoe as well.

As far as the roommates ,no way do I believe they are in anyway involved.If Enrique got home at 6 and Jodi was still there ,she sneaked out somehow.
However like karmandy posed if Jodi wouldn't have confessed and the defense would use the story that she was set up by the roommates that would certainly have created some reasonable doubt.I'm glad Baez isn't her defense lawyer.
Thank you! Matter of opinion I guess. I think professional and think of something totally different (and several other myspace profiles of professional photographers). ;) I guess if she was getting paid for it and advertising professional applies.

They are mostly of her family but it looks like she did a couple of weddings and I have to say there are some amazing nature shots (if she really took those)

I have not seen the photo bucket that Katherine linked to.There is an interesting chat exchange between Jodi and a "ryan".Maybe I just missed it previously? Has this been released in MSM?

It probably did smell bad and MiMi stated that she thought the dog had messed up in the house, accounting for the smell before they really knew what happened. In my experience, guys can ignore the worst smells......shrug and go about their business! These are fairly young single guys......they may have eaten fast food on the way home, or taken it to thier rooms. The dog probably had a water dish downstairs and maybe even a self feeder. Maybe they gave him a cookie when they came in! The one fellow says he "probably" go in at 6 pm.....or later. They did not know anything was wrong....at the time, so their memories may not exactly be spot on.

Here's my CHERRY post!! My first one ever... I've been lurking for a long time but decided to join up!! I live here in the Phoenix area and am TOTALLY infatuated with this trial... On Saturday I was driving my kids to downtown Phoenix for Super Cross and I kept thinking "Jodi drove this same freeway..." It seems like everything that happens sparks a memory for this trial. I cannot believe the way she butchered him and it is absolutely heinous! Thank you to everyone for sharing their thoughts and insights... :)

welcome to websleuths KatherineGA! Great first post! :cheer:

also: new thread for today coming shortly! (goodmorning peeps!)

:welcome: KatherineGA and AZNanaPeg, glad you joined us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah