Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got caught up on this thread and most of what I think about this case (so far) many of you have already verbalized. The only thing I may have to add is I'm not sure she went ahead with it because he wouldn't cancel the trip. I can see it going down that way but I don't think that ultimatum is even necessary to explain the night and following day she spent with him. I think she was obsessed with TA and that she went there with the intent to murder him. I think she is crackers and I can totally see her spending "one last day with her Precious" before she plans to shoot him. Of course, she ended up doing so much more than that.

I've been surprised to see some excuses being offered here as to the "why" of it. She stabbed him 27 times, SLIT his throat and shot him in the face. WHAT could make anyone who isn't a monster do all of that? Very few things, and most would have to involve your children. He did not bring THAT on himself. He did not contribute to it. She is psycho.

FWIW when someone qualifies a statement like "play with fire and get burned' with "I'm not saying he deserved to die" it reads like "I'm not trying to be mean, but you're ugly"

JMO

THANK YOU for this! I have been so disgusted for reading these statements since the trial started. There is NOTHING...NOTHING that he could have done that would have justified anything she did that day.

Hi everyone, trying to catch up. Does anyone know whether the opening statements and day 1 of testimony are archived somewhere to watch online?

Jodi Arias Trial Day 1 (Audio Only)
Opening statements of prosecution and defense
States witness, Marie "Mimi" Hall, friend of Travis, went on 3 dates with him
http://youtu.be/Ip7EN8uoD-Q

Jodi Arias Trial Day 2 (Part1)
States witness, Esteban Flores, homicide detective, City of Mesa
http://youtu.be/qdiZADvLaEY

Jodi Arias Trial Day 2 (Part2)
States witness, Esteban Flores, continued
States witness, Heather Conner, Mesa PD, latent print examiner
http://youtu.be/Cpcc37rmk4A

I did not see NG but my gosh, How refreshingly honest for Mr. Searles to admit that tidbit about some Mormon men. (Not that he is not honest, but IME info like that is kind of hushed up) How embarrassing to talk about TA and JA sex life in public. I wonder where it is all going. Unless some huge, huge, bombshell about TA gets dropped during court I am not so sure why they are talking about it. Does not sound bad enough for JA to over-kill him. :moo:

He didn't talk about their sex life. He answered that it isn't unusual for a Morman man to think that way ie circumventing the Morman law on sex. imo

We've got 16 guests right now viewing this thread. If you are not registered here with Websleuths, why not join? It takes on a minute to sign up and then you will be able to post and view ALL of the forums. Websleuths is the greatest place ever for True Crime buffs and we'd love to have you. :)

He didn't talk about their sex life. He answered that it isn't unusual for a Morman man to think that way ie circumventing the Morman law on sex. imo

It is not just Mormon men who think this way. A lot of men and women who grow up in a religious family have that guilt indoctrinated within them and feel this way.

It is not just Mormon men who think this way. A lot of men and women who grow up in a religious family have that guilt indoctrinated within them and feel this way.

Exactly!! Last time I looked I dont recall Clinton being Mormon. Thanks for all your great posts, without you, gitiana and a few others I wouldnt even bother with this thread and Ive been so anxious for this trial but Im saddened and disheartened by the victim blame.

I honestly don't believe that Jodi cared about Travis's inner struggle regarding premarital sex. If anything, it probably made the seduction of Travis even more exciting to this monster. Perhaps SHE pointed out to him that oral/anal sex wasn't as bad in hopes that she could lure him in with this and then move on to full intercourse. I think that we can't figure out a lot of this because we are not able to get into that psycho head of hers...thankfully!

Hi, Norest4TheWicked. Jodi was becoming a Mormon because of Travis, so it seems logical that [1] she would agree to alternatives to more conventional intercourse and [2] as the more experienced sexual partner, she would be more likely to introduce or promote these alternate ways.

As for defense talk of tassels and French maid's outfits, I am somewhat amused by their reaching for any hint of sexual "deviation". Sexual abusers don't stop at Halloween-like dress-up or improvised ties; they buy bondage suits and collars available, I'm sure, even in Mormon-friendly Mesa.

Exactly!! Last time I looked I dont recall Clinton being Mormon. Thanks for all your great posts, without you, gitiana and a few others I wouldnt even bother with this thread and Ive been so anxious for this trial but Im saddened and disheartened by the victim blame.

Thank you so much! That is very flattering! :)

Don't get discouraged. It happens. We all aren't going to agree and I kind of feel that it is our (those of us who believe in justice for Travis) responsibility to point out the ridiculousness in blaming him for his own death. I've even gotten myself a few "time-outs" in the past because I am so outspoken about what I believe in. I'm not proud of that though and respect the MODS here very much. I just believe that sometimes we have to not let our personal feelings get involved and just stand up for the victims.

Thank YOU for being here and for standing up for Travis!

Hi, Norest4TheWicked. Jodi was becoming a Mormon because of Travis, so it seems logical that [1] she would agree to alternatives to more conventional intercourse and [2] as the more experienced sexual partner, she would be more likely to introduce or promote these alternate ways.

As for defense talk of tassels and French maid's outfits, I am somewhat amused by their reaching for any hint of sexual "deviation". Sexual abusers don't stop at Halloween-like dress-up or improvised ties; they buy bondage suits and collars available, I'm sure, even Mormon-friendly Mesa.

ha! no doubt. Did you read about the mom of 3 busted for going to a hotel to have sex with a dog. Phx pd busted her from the craigslist ad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-solicit-dog-sex-AVOID-prison-sentence.html

This may have been answered, or maybe we didnt get to it in the trial.

When Mimi arrived at Travis' home, his roommate was home in his room, correct? Why did the roommate ignore the smell in the house and the dog going nuts?

Exactly, mattfz - While I was watching the testimony (repeated today), I asked the TV the same question -- couldn't he smell it, too/ -- but the TV never answered me (thank goodness).

You make a good point. Everything is twisted in this thing, other than what the verdict should be, IMO....

Jodi was [pretending to] become Mormon so that she could trap Travis. I don't believe for one second that Jodi agreed to anything for any purpose other than for her personal pleasure. If she had to "become Mormon" to snag Travis, so be it. But, she was NOT going to stop having sex! Jodi loves Jodi and it's ALL about her.

As for defense talk of tassels and French maid's outfits, I am somewhat amused by their reaching for any hint of sexual "deviation". Sexual abusers don't stop at Halloween-like dress-up or improvised ties; they buy bondage suits and collars available, I'm sure, even Mormon-friendly Mesa.

I agree with what you said about the tassels and French maid's outfits. But, I must point out that many people use bondage suits and collars in their regular sexual life. I personally don't think that abusers need any props to beat and rape. People who are into fetish sex are generally not abusers. This sexual partnership includes a dominant and a submissive and is purely a non-conventional sexual style.

I am new to Websleuths and I enjoy reading everyone's post. I learn alot and reading posts opens my minds to ideas, scenarios that I had not considered before.

After watching Trutv today I am reminded of how much better it was watching courtv during the OJ Simpson case. I think I will stick to watching this case online.

I had this very conversation with none other than Beth Karas herself when she was covering a murder trial in my area almost a year ago and I met her during verdict watch. The whole tenor of CourtTV was so much better. Beth came aboard when her mentor brought her there. He's no longer at TruTV and since the switch from CTV to TTV it hasn't been the same. I also told her I liked her curly hair a lot back in the day; she said she has to straighten it due to the network's request.

I dropped cable tv altogether 4 years ago and haven't looked back since.

FYI there is a type of fetish sex that is about bondage and rape scenarios and it does include things like being tied up. I know this because I know someone who is very much into that type of relationship and had a long-standing (10 yr) casual relationship with a man she met online who was also into that particular fetish.

Abusers don't need props to abuse -- abuse is about power and it's as much emotional as physical. Though, I suppose an abuser can use props; there's nothing precluding them from doing so, just not sure it's very common.

FYI there is a type of fetish sex that is about bondage and rape scenarios and it does include things like being tied up. I know this because I know someone who is very much into that type of relationship and had a long-standing (10 yr) casual relationship with a man she met online who was also into that particular fetish.

Yes, but this is not "abuse sex" because it is with two (or more) consenting adults.

I think I just wasnt prepared for the backlash on the victim. I see Jodi as a lying, manipulative, evil psycopath. She has told so many lies from the begining that it shocks me to see some of the defences bs being swallowed and they have only just begun! Hope the jury isnt buying it. She traveled 1000 miles with a gun and then horrifically murdered him, period!!!

I'm listening to the defense's opening statement on In Session. Defense says in "one minute," Jodi dropped camera, Travis went ballistic, and then she attacked him in self-defense...

So how is it that Jodi gets her hand on a knife "in one minute?" They were just having photo fun, right? So why would a knife be RIGHT THERE, in the bathroom?!

What's more, why would Travis want a before & after weight-loss picture taken of him IN THE SHOWER? Plus, the pic I saw of him wet in the shower doesn't even show his new body well. That was NOT a before & after shot!!

So... Where did Jodi find a knife in the bathroom, defense lady? Why was the knife even in the bathroom for a before & after photo session?

The defense is just regurgitating yet another of Jodi's cockamamie tales. Such a shame the State of Arizona has to waste time and money entertaining this goofy, rigged-up defense story.

Just trying to catch up tonight and wanted to add my :twocents: about why a knife may have come into the picture. I posted a day or two ago that I was curious about the crime photo showing duct tape wadded up, looking like it may have bound someone's hands. As you may know, duct tape once stuck together is near impossible to get off of something. My guess is that the knife was used to cut the duct tape to remove it. I'm still trying to figure out if the duct tape was used to bind someone. Hoping this will be explained soon.

ETA: My view on sex and man and woman. I go back to the old saying: Women give sex to get love and men give love to get sex. Maybe she tricked him into a last blast for old times sake and he couldn't say no to the sex.

Hi borndem!

That's the million dollar question! They must have something, right, or they wouldn't be in court. We know there are emails, phone recordings and a DV expert.

I'm wondering whether the prosecution will be brief in its case in chief, the defense will then attempt to bring in lots of stuff to prove "abuse" and chronology, which they will argue about, and then the prosecution will do a lot of refuting the defense assertions.

But I can't imagine how the defense can present a plausible explanation to support that she feared for her life based on a series of events without JA testifying. Who else is there to offer the defense's version?

Hi, Boodles!! Good to "see" you on here!

You make good points about Jodi needing to testify, Boods. Unless they put on some expert on how abuse/verbal cruelty affects someone, etc., etc., etc., and so forth -- and if this, we will prolly see more than one (verrrrrrrry exciting testimony <gag>). You can do just so much in a closing argument....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes