• Missing Since 11/02/1994
  • Missing From Vallejo, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 11/02/1968 (52)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Medical Conditions Wagner was addicted to methamphetamine in 1994.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair.
Details of Disappearance
Wagner was last heard from on November 2, 1994, when his mother called him on his birthday. His mother stated that he was "a mess" and "scared to death" because he'd witnessed the murder of 24-year-old Michael Agustin in August 1994. Wagner has never been heard from again.

Wagner's statement to authorities about Agustin's murder was recorded on tape, but it wasn't entered into evidence at the trial of the accused murderer, Bradley Hoover. Hoover was convicted of Agustin's murder in July 2011, nearly seventeen years after the crime was committed. Wagner knew him; Hoover was his drug supplier.

It's unclear whether Wagner's disappearance was related to the murder case, but it's uncharacteristic of him to be out of touch with his family and he is missing under suspicious circumstances. His case remains unsolved.
John Wagner Jr. – The Charley Project

Cold case: Witness to ”94 murder
NEWS_110717203_AR_0_JAKKGWNAZYEX.jpg

John Wagner Jr. Subject of a cold case investigation, missing since 1994. The only witness to an allegedly drug-related Sacramento murder case.
By VALLEJO TIMES-HERALD |
PUBLISHED: July 17, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. | UPDATED: August 29, 2018 at 12:00 a.m.

It”s been almost 17 years since anyone has seen him, and it”s likely no one knows where John Wagner Jr. is to this day.
The then-26-year-old disappeared in early November 1994. His mother, Jeanie Chasserau, said she last spoke to him on his birthday, Nov. 2.
“He was a mess,” Chasserau said. “He was scared to death.”
Wagner was identified as a witness to the murder of 24-year-old Michael Agustin, on Aug. 8, 1994, just outside Rio Vista by the Sacramento River, according to Sacramento County District Attorney”s Office spokeswoman Shelly Orio.
2b5d3367-e744-489f-b78e-7f40b2eb6587.jpg
b6989167-6310-4dcf-902f-4d6153d98a2b.jpg

Bradley Hoover of Vallejo was convictedof that murder this month in Sacramento Superior Court.
John Wagner Sr., the father of the missing man, said even though he was very pleased with the verdict, it did not bring his son back. Years later, he is still seeking any information about his only son.
“I just want to know,” the elder Wagner said. “There”s someone in Vallejo that must know what happened (to him).”
The younger Wagner, who was born in Vallejo, was addicted to methamphetamine at the time of his disappearance, his parents said.
“This whole thing is about meth,” his father said. “He had no business with that crowd. John was around Brad Hoover for the drugs.”
Wagner Jr.”s testimony about the murder was recorded on tape, but was never used at the trial, Orio said.
Chasserau said she was not worried at first when she did not hear from her son for about a week.
“Sometimes we talked every day, but sometimes I wouldn”t hear from him for weeks,” she said.
But when the Vallejo Police Department started asking her about his whereabouts, things changed, Chasserau said.
“I haven”t seen or heard from him since,” she said. “It”s still very hard for me to talk about it.”
Chasserau and Wagner Sr. both said it is out of character for their son to leave without any news.
“He was a Momma”s boy,” Chasserau said. “He was a follower, gullible and trusting.”
It is still an open case, Vallejo police spokesman Sgt. Jeff Bassett said.
“To the Vallejo Police Department, (Wagner) is still missing,” Bassett said. “We suspect the circumstances surrounding his (disappearance) are suspicious.”
Bassett, however, would not comment on whether there is a connection between Hoover and Wagner”s disappearance.
“We have been and will continue to investigate all leads, which may indicate the involvement (of Hoover),” Bassett said.
Chasserau said the police department requested a DNA sample from her about two years ago.
Wagner Sr. said anyone with information on his son”s case can call him at (925) 565-5667. They should also call the Vallejo Police Department at (800) 488-9383, which also allows anonymous tips.
Cold case: Witness to ”94 murder – Times-Herald

Reactions: byo
John's NamUs page is down.

The number or resolved MP cases for Utah has increased by one and the number of active cases has decreased by one. John's case is the only one from Utah's MPs that has been removed in the past few hours so I think his case has been resolved.

John's NamUs page is down.

The number or resolved MP cases for Utah has increased by one and the number of active cases has decreased by one. John's case is the only one from Utah's MPs that has been removed in the past few hours so I think his case has been resolved.
That appears to be a different John Wagner.

They have different birthdates/ages, disappearance dates, disappearance locations, and the photos of the two are very different.

This John Wagner Jr seems to still be missing. It doesn't look like he ever had a NamUs page at all that I can find.

That appears to be a different John Wagner.

They have different birthdates/ages, disappearance dates, disappearance locations, and the photos of the two are very different.

This John Wagner Jr seems to still be missing. It doesn't look like he ever had a NamUs page at all that I can find.
OMG, I am so sorry, I clicked on the wrong thread. :rolleyes: Thank you for checking!!

This is the thread for the right John Wagner whose NamUs has been removed:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname