JonBenét: An American Murder Mystery September 12-14 10/9C On Investigation Disovery

august 98 GJ called in.......30,000 exhibits of evidence

John Mark Karr will be next story

Thank you so much Passionflower!

I truly appreciate your taking the time to post the details of this show. Very kind of you (as usual) !

Thanks, passionflower.
I think tomorrow's episode will be the tie-breaker between their presentation of RDI and IDI.

I fell asleep during the 9 pm episode last night and missed the 10pm episode completely. Thank goodness I DVR'd both and watched this morning. I am now convinced that PR most likely killed JonBenet after watching the body language and the tells. For instance, during the very first interview of PR and JR, PR is in her best Susan Smith mode of trying to cry and rolling her eyes back and closing them while she appears to be on the verge of collapse and she's talking about a maniac is on the loose and she says. "Keep" then a pause as if she forgot what to say. John is sittng next to her, looking at her and he mouths the words or perhaps even whispers "your babies close to you" and she joins in and says it out loud. Did anybody else notice that? That kind of clenched it for me that this was all rehearsed. IMO the world was a stage for PR.

But I also feel JR was complicit in JBR's death in some way. He is always very attentive to PR and looks remorseful in these interviews. I just can't quite put my finger on it and I'm not going to type my theory (I have two actually) here but JR always has that look of 'this is all my fault'. I do wonder if prior choices he made somehow set off the chain of events that occured in the R home the night JBR was murdered. What a tangled web. All MOO

I fell asleep during the 9 pm episode last night and missed the 10pm episode completely. Thank goodness I DVR'd both and watched this morning. I am now convinced that PR most likely killed JonBenet after watching the body language and the tells. For instance, during the very first interview of PR and JR, PR is in her best Susan Smith mode of trying to cry and rolling her eyes back and closing them while she appears to be on the verge of collapse and she's talking about a maniac is on the loose and she says. "Keep" then a pause as if she forgot what to say. John is sittng next to her, looking at her and he mouths the words or perhaps even whispers "your babies close to you" and she joins in and says it out loud. Did anybody else notice that? That kind of clenched it for me that this was all rehearsed. IMO the world was a stage for PR.

But I also feel JR was complicit in JBR's death in some way. He is always very attentive to PR and looks remorseful in these interviews. I just can't quite put my finger on it and I'm not going to type my theory (I have two actually) here but JR always has that look of 'this is all my fault'. I do wonder if prior choices he made somehow set off the chain of events that occured in the R home the night JBR was murdered. What a tangled web. All MOO

I noticed John mouthing "your babies close to you" when Patsy stumbled. How could they both think to say the same thing unless they rehearsed? I was just coming to post about this. And I also agree that he covers for Patsy because he feels he is to blame for whatever situation unfolded.

I noticed John mouthing "your babies close to you" when Patsy stumbled. How could they both think to say the same thing unless they rehearsed? I was just coming to post about this. And I also agree that he covers for Patsy because he feels he is to blame for whatever situation unfolded.

Thank you InstantProof for responding. So glad others noticed and it isn't just me. My knowledge of the case is not as much as most WS's but more than the 'average bear'. But these new interviews have certainly given me courage of conviction regarding my opinions on what happened that terrible Christmas night.

I posted this on another forum but feel it may be more appropriate here.

I have watched Part 1 of the IDI twice and the BR interviews with Dr. Phil. I now have a few points and/or questions that I know you all can help me with. I have also looked these up and either found no info or conflicting.

1) Did anyone notice that JR was coaching his wife during the interview a week after the murder? I think it was with CNN (not sure). She was saying that you need to keep your babies safe . She paused during this due to emotional distress and JR filled in the words for her under his breath and his mouth moved with hers as she uttered the remainder of the sentence.

2) During IDI, Judith Phillips stated that Patsy was a really good mom to JR. No mention of BR. It may have been edited out...idk

3) No fingerprints on the RN except for the examiner. How the heck did either of them read the note without touching it? Even to turn to the next page?

4) It was said that JR was so anxious that Detective A. told him to search the house. I thought he was under control and very cordial

5) Has Fleet and Priscilla White's police statements ever been released? I have heard and read many items in which there are conflicting stories about the argument between them and the Ramsey's

6) The garrote - They had a boat and I am sure that JR taught BR to tie different knots on the boat, or even at home. The garrote may have been a practice one - Boy Scouts using certain knots or learning them to help out with the boat

7) Did the Ramsey's ever admit that the pen and paper for the RN came from their home? I have seen conflicting stories

8) On the IDI, handwriting expert said that as the note progressed, the writing became more fluid, I guess in regards to the letter formation. To me, it seems as if it becomes more frenetic, in that the writing sloped below the lines, etc.

9) Conflicting stories of sexual abuse of JBR. Some say chronic abuse and some say none. I am confused on that one.

Thanks all!

Thank you waltzingmatilda for posting about this! That was so BIZARRE - I wasn't sure I was seeing that correctly but now that a few others have also noticed -- wow, just wow.... How obvious.... They really did rehearse that.

Mary Lacey isn't looking exactly competent nor unbiased on tonight's episode. I sure hope she is retired by now.

First post, I joined chat briefly....
This was one of the most disingenuous and misleading programs I have witnessed.

Mary Lacey isn't looking exactly competent nor unbiased on tonight's episode. I sure hope she is retired by now.

She very much is. Too bad she didn't choose a different career.

So, I just finished up part 3. As a rule, the show leaned RDI. But I want everyone's take on this:

On tonight's episode, both a world-renowned DNA expert and a member of Mary Lacy's team told us that this DNA was of no value and the DA wasn't operating according to Hoyle. Krane, the DNA man, and some of us here have dealt with him, said that no one, not even John Mark Karr could be eliminated on this DNA.

What that means is that everyone is back under the "umbrella." If this DNA is worthless, then we're looking at having to try and eliminate people as suspects by other means. I'm cool with that idea, myself. What about all of you?

I agree that the behavior between JR & PR during that interview was bizarre, but I see things a bit differently. IMO PR is so heavily sedated that she comes close to slurring her words at times. And yes, John is coaching her. Actually, he is controlling her. He had her doped up immediately starting the day that JBR was found and kept her that way for weeks, maybe months. So I don't see it as he is covering for her, I see it as he is controlling her and whatever else is going on around them at any given time. From what I understand, imo after JBR's murder, anyone that JR couldn't control or coach was "dealt with".

So I was trying to watch the ID show last night but kept falling to sleep. I went on demand just now and they have Part 2 of the ID show on there. Is that typical? No Part 1, just Part 2 that hasn't aired yet???? Anyway...I watched and Part 2 really goes for the IDI theories. They left off with the guy who committed suicide and how LE kind of refused to entertain him as a suspect and would not divulge why the tech boots didn't match.

I'm in Canada and I get the IDC but it shows different content, so I went onto the American site for that channel and I watched both parts, 1 and 2. They were both there just a few hours ago. In order to watch it I had to put my VPN on the States so that I could watch it.

Edited to add: I just went and grabbed this link for you. Episode 1 is over on the right of this link.

https://www.investigationdiscoverygo.com/

I don't know about anyone else, but after watching this miniseries I am pretty pessimistic about this case every being solved. It was botched from the beginning and no matter who is charged, there's probably going to be so much reasonable doubt it's depressing to think about.

And how about that Karr guy? Heh. smh

I don't know about anyone else, but after watching this miniseries I am pretty pessimistic about this case every being solved. It was botched from the beginning and no matter who is charged, there's probably going to be so much reasonable doubt it's depressing to think about.

And how about that Karr guy? Heh. smh

Exactly what I was thinking by the end. It will never be solved. So sad. Karr is.......weird.

This ID show is terribly disappointing. Gah - Karr, Helgoth? And too much time on the Ramsey' ridiculous PI.

Someone recently uploaded to You Tube a 3 hour version of Lifetime's Perfect Murder Perfect Town. It is surprisingly accurate, at least IMHO, even though it was made in 2000.

This ID show is terribly disappointing. Gah - Karr, Helgoth? And too much time on the Ramsey' ridiculous PI.

Someone recently uploaded to You Tube a 3 hour version of Lifetime's Perfect Murder Perfect Town. It is surprisingly accurate, at least IMHO, even though it was made in 2000.

The ID show began with a handwriting expert showing that Patsy wrote the note, and ended with an FBI investigator implicating Patsy in Jonbenet's death. It also discreded the touch DNA and slammed Mary Lacy. This is the first time I've seen a JB documentary do this.

I understand why they pranced out Karr, though--he's a strange dude, which equals bigger ratings.

I can't believe Mary Lacy didn't establish whether it was possible for JMK to be in Boulder on the night of 12/25/96 before she charged and extradited him. I know they probably wanted to move on him fast, but for god's sake at least do a little homework before you make a big public showing.

I remember when this happened it seemed like everyone believed they finally had the killer. I wonder how many people suspected he was a fraud from the start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back