JonBenet's Law

JMO8778 said:
..and I want to add,the interviews should be VIDEOTAPED from start to finish.No exceptions!As well as any follow-up interveiws.
We have a fairly new law here in NC that requires it,due to a previous case where the suspect was thought by many to have given a coerced confession.Taping may greatly reduce those claims.
How about when the lawyers for the defendants are in business with the some members of the DA's office, those D.A.'S SHOULD RECUSE THEMSELVES. Just for starters.

Jayelles said:
I think JonBenet's law should be to do with handling crime scenes and suspects - e.g. that the parents whould be separated and interviewed immediately - no ifs or buts and no refusing to be intereviewed.
Exactly! This is what JonBenet's Law should be- My thoughts exactly!

Solace said:
How about when the lawyers for the defendants are in business with the some members of the DA's office, those D.A.'S SHOULD RECUSE THEMSELVES. Just for starters.
I totally agree !

Solace said:
No parent is going to trust a murdering ten-year old child to keep his mouth shut and let him leave the home with friends an hour after they supposedly found the body.

Fleet White and John Fernie took Burke to the White's home before 8:00 a.m. Reportedly, Burke wasn't there when they "found" the body.

I think JonBenet's law should be to do with handling crime scenes and suspects - e.g. that the parents whould be separated and interviewed immediately - no ifs or buts and no refusing to be intereviewed.

I think there should be a limit on how many years a case like this goes unsolved. At that time it should be turned over to the Attorney General who would appoint a special investigator.

These are very, very good.

Nehemiah said:
Fleet White and John Fernie took Burke to the White's home before 8:00 a.m. Reportedly, Burke wasn't there when they "found" the body.
Sorry about that, I realize the body was found at 1:00 p.m. I was typing too fast. What I meant was I do not believe that if Burke were the killer and John and Patsy are protecting him, I do not believe that they would let him out of their sight. Although Blue Crab had an interesting thought - get as far away from police as possible. It is conceivable, but he did not do this thing.

JonBenet's Law:

No "witnesses" are allowed to leave the state before they have been interviewed in entirety by law enforcement officials

They are free to retain attorneys but they must be interviewed!

Solace said:
Sorry about that, I realize the body was found at 1:00 p.m. I was typing too fast. What I meant was I do not believe that if Burke were the killer and John and Patsy are protecting him, I do not believe that they would let him out of their sight. Although Blue Crab had an interesting thought - get as far away from police as possible. It is conceivable, but he did not do this thing.

The two theories of a) getting Burke out of the house away from any cops questioning and b) keeping him close to ensure he doesn't talk about the crime - both a) and b) are plausible. However i think that of the two, theory b seems the most likely course the rams would have taken if Burke has been the perp.

If Burke had been the perp, the rams biggest problem amoung many would be of him talking to cops. The rams would have more control over this if they were with him to supervise that this didn't occur, if burke was taken away from them, the rams have lost control of the situation and are relying on a 9 year old boy to keep quiet.

My theory has allways been that the rams knew the cops would be finding JBRs body, and they didn't want burke to experience seeing his dead little sister bound and gagged.

JonBenet's Law.
How about a law that states that the parents of a murdered child can't buy their way out of an investigation? Or maybe it could be a law that states that the parents don't RUN the investigation.

I'd suggest a law where any heinous crime whose victim is a child is a federal offense, and automatically falls under the jurisdiction of the FBI.

Holdontoyourhat said:
I'd suggest a law where any heinous crime whose victim is a child is a federal offense, and automatically falls under the jurisdiction of the FBI.
John Ramsey stated he wanted such a law enacted in his and Patsy's interview on the FNC in April 2000. He said he wanted this legislation to apply to the murder of children 12 years of age and under. It's interesting that he decided on 12 years of age as the cut-off point as Burke had just turned 13 a few months earlier.

-Tea

Typical Rs: say one thing, do the opposite.

Having said that, this is one instance where HOTYH and I are in total agreement!

Jayelles said:
I agree. And that the parents shouldn't be treated with kid gloves, just because they are "pillars of the community", and have alot of money.

Charlie said:
The two theories of a) getting Burke out of the house away from any cops questioning and b) keeping him close to ensure he doesn't talk about the crime - both a) and b) are plausible. However i think that of the two, theory b seems the most likely course the rams would have taken if Burke has been the perp.

If Burke had been the perp, the rams biggest problem amoung many would be of him talking to cops. The rams would have more control over this if they were with him to supervise that this didn't occur, if burke was taken away from them, the rams have lost control of the situation and are relying on a 9 year old boy to keep quiet.

My theory has allways been that the rams knew the cops would be finding JBRs body, and they didn't want burke to experience seeing his dead little sister bound and gagged.
This is my theory too....thats also the reason that they placed her in the bowels of the house, instead of out in the open, say...in her bedroom or somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back