Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure

Way back before the trial started JB was trying to get the trial moved to Dade County (Miami area). I thought it was brought up then that JB also owned a house there. Or was that his daughter that did?

Anyone good at researching that can check this out?

Isn't his wife South American? Maybe she will be more comfortable in the population of Miami than she is in Orlando, and Baez sort of speaks Spanish, not well from what I understand from the Spanish media sites after he did a couple of shows in Spanish, but he could probably pick it up fairly quickly.

Maybe it's a family decision.

Isnt his middle name angle? Yes I know its spelled angel but angle seems more appropriate since he is always looking for one :)

Well, I remember reading that Gary G. hired Baez on a contract as a - and get this- a forensic consultant. I distinctly remember this because I thought - whaaa?
I think it was just while Gary was in jail in Aruba - doubt he's on retainer as he wasn't actually in there as his defense attorney.

I think he's gone to a bigger place where he hopes he'll have better luck in a bigger population.

bbm
I agree...

I would like to think he is getting away from FCA's grip just to have something to laugh about, but if it's because of his financial situation, it's not a laughing matter even if he deserves it.

I think it's a serious matter that the bar should be looking at. If he can't handle his own affairs and money, how can he be expected to handle his client's? This is one of the reasons he wasn't accepted into the bar for a long while way back when.

How does the bar find out? Is he supposed to report it to them?

Has he closed either of his two offices he has now? Maybe that is a separate thing since it is a business rather than personal. Does that make a difference?

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Florida...faf19ff4ffd;_ylt=AlNXJPiZzESXa.fNd.MHHvAN47Qs

"This home is in "pre-foreclosure". The owner is in default. As this is the period prior to the home lapsing into official foreclosure, the owner and lender are both interested in avoiding that costly scenario."

I know it shouldn't but... this makes me GIDDY!

Actually, maybe it should. He isn't raking in the big bucks off Caylee's blood so I should rejoice.

Personally, I hope he ends up sharing the trailer with *her*.

I know it shouldn't but... this makes me GIDDY!

Actually, maybe it should. He isn't raking in the big bucks off Caylee's blood so I should rejoice.

Personally, I hope he ends up sharing the trailer with *her*.

I would be giddy too, but I feel sorry for his family, he (JB) probably didn't disclose he was an *advertiser censored** in the marriage proposal. :maddening:

Regarding length of time for a foreclosure: What with the mortgage crises, economic downturn of these past years, etc. the old timetables for the forclosure process no longer apply. I personally know of a vacant house in my neighborhood where there has been no payment made on the mortgage since the summer of 2009. The lender has not yet forclosed on that mortgage!

I asked a relative who used to work in the real estate industry how and why this could happen. She said the mortgage lenders have so many foreclosures that they are likely at the point now of not wanting to show any more bad loans on their books. Sounds crazy to me, but I've personally seen that house sitting there for 2 1/2 years now and I've checked our local online tax listings and the deed has never changed.

The man who owned the house died and our neighborhood association has been having to cut the grass all this time. We sure wish the bank would go ahead with a forclosure!

KNOCK IT OFF! You guys know we don't post about people that can not be verified to be named people in MSM or LE reports and we sure don't post their addresses.

KNOCK IT OFF!

Salem

Here's my first thought when I read that he had two homes in foreclosure. It was the only way he could get FCA out of his other house and the only way he could see moving far, far away from her. Don't start any rumors, it was just my thoughts on it.

I wonder if he is able to go after KC for any monies if/when she gets a big money interview? I realize he got his "slave wages" during the trial, but now, if they have gone their separate ways and she gets a huge payday while he is in forclosure, I think he might just be a tad pizzed. I also wonder if they had any contracts that allowed him to be paid in the event of any after-trial interviews?

I wonder if he is able to go after KC for any monies if/when she gets a big money interview? I realize he got his "slave wages" during the trial, but now, if they have gone their separate ways and she gets a huge payday while he is in forclosure, I think he might just be a tad pizzed. I also wonder if they had any contracts that allowed him to be paid in the event of any after-trial interviews?

His 'slave wages' were probably paid by the JAC, if he got any at all. He and Mason both, along with Baez whole office who worked on her case, Dorothy Sims, etc. agreed to take the case 'pro bono'. So I don't see how there could be an expectation of payment to any of them.

His 'slave wages' were probably paid by the JAC, if he got any at all. He and Mason both, along with Baez whole office who worked on her case, Dorothy Sims, etc. agreed to take the case 'pro bono'. So I don't see how there could be an expectation of payment to any of them.

I would agree, except we have seen so many questionable dealings with this bunch that nothing would surprise me. JB had to seek out an Ethics Attorney at the very beginning of this case. That tells me he was looking for the loopholes that would allow them to make money off this case. Then, he helped sell Caylee's pictures to fund KC's defense. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. *smack smack*

chefmom, imo, Baez has a lot better chance of profiting from the case than KC, most predict she is just going to lie. Geraldo has said that Baez is "too hot" to get a book deal, that publisher's are afraid of a back lash from their reader's" but it is possible, imo, that Baez can profit.

I can't imagine that KC is going to get a big pay day, ever, imo, she will eventually have to settle for something like the offer Larry Flint, HUSTLER Mag offered her. There are going to be so many JUDGEMENT'S in place, imo, KC isn't going to even be able to afford a traveling RV Ministry.

chefmom, imo, Baez has a lot better chance of profiting from the case than KC, most predict she is just going to lie. Geraldo has said that Baez is "too hot" to get a book deal, that publisher's are afraid of a back lash from their reader's" but it is possible, imo, that Baez can profit.

I can't imagine that KC is going to get a big pay day, ever, imo, she will eventually have to settle for something like the offer Larry Flint, HUSTLER Mag offered her. There are going to be so many JUDGEMENT'S in place, imo, KC isn't going to even be able to afford a traveling RV Ministry.

Lol! I hope so! I, too, think that JB could come away from this as a winner if he plays his cards right. As far as KC, I hope no one pays her any kind of money for more lies. If someone really has a large sum of money to spend on a KCA interview, I would hope they would do something useful with it, like donate to the Center for Missing Children, Klaas Kids, or TES. Why waste money on what is certain to be a bunch of BS. Call me, people! I'll weave you a yarn for $5!

Lol! I hope so! I, too, think that JB could come away from this as a winner if he plays his cards right. As far as KC, I hope no one pays her any kind of money for more lies. If someone really has a large sum of money to spend on a KCA interview, I would hope they would do something useful with it, like donate to the Center for Missing Children, Klaas Kids, or TES. Why waste money on what is certain to be a bunch of BS. Call me, people! I'll weave you a yarn for $5!

There's a lot of shady dealings behind the scenes...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/delray-beach-attorney-in-thick-of-bidding-war-2109621.html

When and if KC gets a "big money interview" from some of these sharks, I won't have to watch it. Leave it to HAL at the Orlando Sentinel. He'll tell us all the news we need to know and we won't have to contribute to the ratings.

If it goes "pay per view' it will only take ONE person to pay to watch and do a write up that will go all over the interet.

KC will get her money, turn it over to collections, and the producer(s) will be out a bundle.

When and if KC gets a "big money interview" from some of these sharks, I won't have to watch it. Leave it to HAL at the Orlando Sentinel. He'll tell us all the news we need to know and we won't have to contribute to the ratings.

If it goes "pay per view' it will only take ONE person to pay to watch and do a write up that will go all over the interet.

KC will get her money, turn it over to collections, and the producer(s) will be out a bundle.

I'm not sure about the BBM, but since Baez has said nothing the last couple of days and considering what's happened in OCA world in the last week, it may be true that he is in trouble, is losing or given up his houses and leaving town.

How "ironic" would it be if JB is the next one under the bus? What if FCA claims that all the lies were his, that she told him the truth and he's the one who did the spinning? How could he defend himself without violating attorney/clint?

All I know is that something wiped the smirk off his face.

A lot in here saw that train of distruction going for anyone remotely related to this case from the very beginning. This is no different. I'm sorry somebody is losing their homes, but at the same time, there have been some interviews that, imo, were not done for free. Sounds like someone who is cutting their losses and moving on down the line.

According to Osceola County Clerk of Court the public court records list the case status as OPEN

http://198.140.240.34/pa/

Case No.
2010 CA 003354

06/29/2011 PLAINTIFF'S MOTION FOR SUMMARY FINAL JUDGMENT INCLUDING A HEARING TO TAX ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS (AA)

11/08/2010 DEFAULT AGAINST UNKNOWN TENANT I (DEFENDANT); UNKNOWN TENANT II (DEFENDANT);

11/05/2010 MOTION FOR DEFAULT

11/05/2010 AFFIDAVIT OF INABILITY TO DETERMINE MILITARY STATUS

09/09/2010 NOTICE OF LIS PENDENS (REC)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member