Jose Baez - Today Show - Dec. 19, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
He even has a tv still shot related to this case on his site!
He is using this case to make a name for himself... or so he believes. And that's his only care!

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/

My opinion.

You're right and he is using the media to full advantage (where he can go on shows and provide non-answers) but get a heck of a lot of face time. He is now famous.
But he still has a guilty as h*ll client in this case.

i cant believe jose thinks this meter man is a suspect
nobody who dumps her body in the woods is then going to place 4 calls to the tip
line . and stay and meet police afterwards
im sure all this week that meter man has had to go through fbi polygraphs, testing voice stress testing and he must have passed with flying colors or police wouldnt say he was credible

Please, no offense here, but if Casey's sweet little grandmother had stumbled upon Caylee's body, Jose would put the blame on her!:furious:

You're right and he is using the media to full advantage (where he can go on shows and provide non-answers) but get a heck of a lot of face time. He is now famous.
But he still has a guilty as h*ll client in this case.

His priority in this case is his own agenda.
And that's fine with me.:rolleyes:

I will suspend my opinion until I hear more about what happened in regards to the three calls in August. It may turn out that LE did follow up.

I'm with you. I will refrain from commenting until after the investigation on the matter is complete.

There have been bungles in this case, most definitely. While the majority come from Casey Anthony and the Anthony family interference i.e misleading statements, LE have also had some less than shining moments too.

The fact remains now though, it is their duty, their responsibility and their damn job to get it right now, and I believe that they will. As mundane as this sounds, sometimes the greatest satisfaction that can come from such a strenuous and emotionally and spirtitually depleting job such as the job LE and all associated face is bringing the criminal to justice - I trust they will do their absoloute best to bring Caylee justice, and that may very well mean a level of satisfaction is found in Casey being incarcerated for the rest of her life or recieving the death penalty.

I also feel I should add, JB isn't reallly doing anything other defense attorneys wouldn't do. Yes, his actions may be found to be reprehensible, but his job is to get Casey off, or at the very least, reduce her sentence. He is on the defense and if that means that he targets LE and other mishaps - so be it. If LE follow procedure and present their case strong enough (FACTS DON'T LIE!) then I'm confident everything JB has done will be null and void.

I suspect that after receiving over 5000 tips from folks (some wanting the $50,000 LP offered up) I bet the meter reader wasn't the first person to call LE continously with tips.

We know that he wasn't. Don't forget the man and his friend who supposedly saw her on the side of the road in a hat and sunglasses. He swore it was her, even went on the news. Then there was the other woman who passed her thinking it was her friends car. The lady at the airport who kept saying it was Caylee. Those are only a few that we know about.

I remember the cadaver dogs being sent out and from what I can remember, all reports were that they were searching behind the school. There was an odor and they found a dead animal. From what I can see from the photos, this doesn't look like it's behind the school. LE was being pulled in thousands of directions with tips. I believe in August, those that received the highest attention were those of a live Caylee. Despite what the defense team may believe, I am sure LE would have rather found an alive Caylee at that point. However, this is finally something the defense can sink their teeth into. Up until now, they haven't been able to defend a single thing their client has done. They are going to run with this as far as they can to try and establish reasonable doubt. It only takes one juror.

ITA. Has any member of the family or JB said anything to the affect of:

" We no longer have to worry about drug dealers or child molesters abusing this little girl every day" or "This was not the outcome we wanted but it is better than not knowing" or anything like this? No reaction from this family has been appropriate if they thought KC was innocent.

Yep, and recall CA talking about KC trying to give them clues but couldn't because "she was trying to protect the family"-paraphrased. Well, what is there to protect now? Caylee is not "safe", there is no keeping her safe. LE and Media are all over the A's house. No worries about them needing protection now. So why isn't JB encouraging his client to tell all she knows about this mysterious kidnapping Nanny? It's obvious the guy is grasping at straws because there is nothing concrete for him to grasp at to clear his client. And of course we know who KC was trying to protect 1)Herself. I don't even believe she wasn't telling to spare her family of the loss of Caylee.

Now JB is going to focus on the meter reader instead of the Nanny. argh!

jmo

It was determined on the NG last night that no one did anything wrong. LE did follow up on the tips but did not find anything and was interrupted by another call at one point. IMO, she was found when she was supposed to be found. They are going to be able to determine when she was put there through the insect life, etc.

Some reporters are saying the storm did not hit that area well looky here it did on the 16th of August...
which delayed the search and delayed follow up not any sinister plot.
http://www.clickorlando.com/weather/17257484/detail.html

grasping at straws....
besides during that storm there were no doubt Gaters and other hungry displaced animals roaming the area..
moving stuff and eating whatever they could to survive.
This case is going to be solved due to nature not some co-killer or co- body snatcher...:croc:

Geraldo was Just on Fox & Friends

He is calling for the OCSD to hire an independent Prosecutor to handle this case. He stopped short of calling the OCSD incompetent but he did say that they are "screwing up a slam dunk case "

Geraldo also said that the County has hired a lawyer for the Meter Reader & that something is "Bogus"

What has me curious is that the Meter Reader reported a 'gray bag on the side of the road". IMO 'the side of the road' and 20 ft into the bushes (where the remains were found) are not the same spot.

If this person actually saw a bag and and then on one of the calls met(not sure) and took a Deputy to the spot where he saw the bag how can it have been missed?
Was there another garbage bag on the side of the road(seems to be a lot of garbage and stuff dumped there) near the remains and that was the one the Meter Reader and subsequently the Deputy found?

You know, JB has got to know his client is guilty. However I understand he has to defend her, but he has to know she is a liar.

I agree with you. It would have saved time but not Caylee. She was already gone. Who did this remains the same.

this is true - AGAIN I go back to Casey is the one with motive, means and she was the only one with the opportunity

No matter when this poor babies body was located - Casey's actions, not reporting the child gone AND Casey wasn't the one who even reported it, it was Cindy - if it were up to Casey she probably would have never said a thing!, she never once was a frantic mother of a missing child, kidnapped - NEVER once pled for her return

Just on the basis of Caseys actions, statements, lies, stealing, and that she was the only one with the MOTIVE to harm the child, she was the one with the MEANS to do the act AND most importantly she was the only one with the OPPORTUNITY to do the deed

Even tho I still think it could have been an accident, she staged the whole thing afterward

Exactly. They were bombarded with calls! And the majority were crazies.
What an exhausting and tough job these people (LE) face. God bless all of them.

You are so right. To pick between the crazies and the credible tips must have been a full time job in itself yet the responded to EVERY one of his tips. Absolutely amazing... absolutely.

I read on WFTV this morning (sorry - closed the link - just go to WFTV.com) that the Deputy that responded the 3rd time went in and saw "a big snake" and backed off. In Florida we have Diamondback Rattlers that are very deadly and grow quite large but we also have Water Moccasions (sp?) or "Cotton Mouths" which also grow very large, are very aggressive and VERY VERY DEADLY. If that Deputy ran across a large Cotton Mouth - he would have backed off quick - I know I would have run for the hills. Cotton Mouths are known to inhabit swampy areas as a rule.

I can't wait for the 2 PM presser and I believe the MR was just a concerned citizen. It does not detract that this poor child is deceased and her remains have now been found.

Hubby said last night that he's wondering with "all these bones" they keep finding did they actually find someone else as well? Possibly a cold case from way back. I know LE said yesterday that the bones found on the outside perimeter were consistent with a small child but they have not made that statement with any of the other "discovery of bones" all week long.

I would like to hear back from that neighbor about the snake population in that area (what kind, how many, etc.)

Which brings up another important point that I don't know has been discussed. There was a reward from I think it was CrimeLine, but you had to call them first and their statement was that this guy called 911 first and therefore, was not eligible for their reward. BUT I heard yesterday that one of his calls in August WAS to Crimeline. I wonder if that will change his reward status.

wow, I think someone has some $$$ owed. LP said that he is working on getting comphensation to the guy. I tell ya, LP might be a self-proclaimed media ho but he is interesting to say the least.

I just don't understand how this would give reasonable doubt as to who killed Caylee???? All it show is that LE didnt follow up on a tip. If tehy had followed up on the tip, they would have found her REMAINS sooner, it wouldnt have changed the circumstances surrounding her death OR who is responsible.

Yes but the defense could say that this meter reader guy was obssessed with the case and knew where the body was since august and he had the opportunity to return to the body and tamper with it. THey could say anything now. If they find items in the bag that matched the anthony home they could say he may have tampered with the Anthony's garbage and planted things. To discredit any evidence found.

The fact that this guy called in august and then waited until december to go look himself is bad - the doubt is there an it can be reasonable to a jury.

It is amazing to me that someone can slaughter a defenseless child, but JB thinks the bad guys are LE because they didn't find the remains fast enough. If his client had not have killed her baby girl, LE would not have had to even search! I know defense attn. have a job to do and I have watched many do it well even when their client is guilty, but JB is in a class by himself... a low class.

ita! If the defence wanted to find Caylee, then all they had to do was ask their client where she was!!! There is only 1 person who knowingly left that poor baby out in the brush like that.

VB

Yes but the defense could say that this meter reader guy was obssessed with the case and knew where the body was since august and he had the opportunity to return to the body and tamper with it. THey could say anything now. If they find items in the bag that matched the anthony home they could say he may have tampered with the Anthony's garbage and planted things. To discredit any evidence found.

The fact that this guy called in august and then waited until december to go look himself is bad - the doubt is there an it can be reasonable to a jury.

agreed but surely If he was obsessed (like I am) then he knew about the $50,000 reward. No way he would sit on that kind of money just to tamper with the evidence. Rarely do you have a crime sceen in pristine condition. you have at least the elements and animals to contend with.

From what I understand (on NG last night I believe), the area of the discovery was the MR's regular route up until August. He was then transferred to another area and has just recently been re-assigned back to his old area.

This may explain why the MR waited:

On one of the local stations newscast (don't remember which one I as flip through them all) it was stated that after Aug the MR was re-assigned to a different area (maybe because he spent too much time searching instead of doing his job...JMO)and only recently reassigned back the A's area.

I have seen Fox News the last several days, show photos of the exact location in beginning of August and the ground was dry. If LE had dogs in there and were searching at the time why wouldn't they have found the body. I don't believe the body was there then. I think it was moved and KCwas in jail then. How do you explain that ?
The first report from the meter reader was the bag was grey. The bag with Caylee's remains in it was black?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa