Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppery

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
Josh Duggar Arrested, Being Held in Jail in Arkansas

Josh Duggar has been arrested and is being held without bond in an Arkansas jail.

The former 19 Kids and Counting star was taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Service on Thursday. Online jail records do not indicate what charges he was arrested on when he was booked

————
I hope this is not SA related again

Josh Duggar Arrested in Arkansas Days After Wife Anna Duggar Announces 7th Pregnancy

Both Josh and his wife Anna are in their early 30's with six children already, now she is expecting a seventh. Anyone know what Josh does for a living? Is he able to support all these kids?

No, but you aren’t the only one wondering.

Pregnant Anna Duggar Responds to Critic Asking How She and Husband Josh Duggar Can 'Afford' 7 Kids

After announcing on Friday that she and husband Josh Duggar are expecting their seventh child together, Anna replied to an Instagram user who asked, "How do you afford all those kids? Does Josh even work?"

"Yes, my husband is a diligent worker and provides well for our family," replied the 19 Kids and Counting alum, 32.

Josh Duggar Arrested by Federal Agents in Arkansas - E! Online
U.S. Marshals detained Josh and placed him in federal custody at the Washington County Detention Center in the city of Fayetteville around 1 p.m. on Thursday, April 29, legal records show.
Josh has faced legal trouble before but has never been charged with any crime. It is unclear if his past reported cases are related to his recent arrest.

Last edited:
Josh Duggar arrested on federal charges in Arkansas: report

I think he was arrested at work but it shows on Google as being permanently closed.
From your link:
"According to the U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge's Courtroom Deputy for the U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, Duggar will go before a judge 11:00 a.m. Friday, April 30.
Josh Duggar arrested on federal charges in Arkansas: report

Interestingly, Josh is listed as the contact for the car business - Wholesale Motorcars, 14969 Wildcat Creek Road, Springdale, Arkansas - but he's not listed as the owner.

ETA: Josh's only current legal dispute, as far as we know, is a civil lawsuit filed against him for real estate fraud. It would appear his latest arrest is for something far more severe, though it's unclear exactly why he's been taken in.
Josh Duggar Arrested by Feds in Arkansas

Here's info from the 2019 investigation by HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) of Josh and what agents said at the time:

The HSI investigates human rights violations, immigration crime, human smuggling, export enforcement issues, cybercrime, financial crimes, and the smuggling of weapons and other contraband.
As the Duggars turn - Arkansas Times

I'm wondering if it has to do with money or child *advertiser censored*. Either way I hope he gets what he deserves and I hope it's not swept under the rug this time.
IMO it's money and I'd bet dollars to donuts the Feds aren't going to let this one slide by. It sounds like it may be a culmination of several years worth of investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown