Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read it was online at least since June 2019 so it isn’t the bigger picture..
They allegedly had him in May 2019, so if June is correct as to when “Boystown” came online, he was caught somewhere else.
Surely they’ve been watching him over the past 2 years, jmo, no telling where all he’s been.
According to prosecutors, in May 2019 he used the internet to download explicit material showing the sexual abuse of children, some younger than 12 years old.
Joshua Duggar of ‘19 Kids and Counting’ Pleads Not Guilty to Child *advertiser censored* Charges

Moment 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar is booked into jail on child *advertiser censored* charges | Daily Mail Online

A detention hearing has been set for May 5 at 1:30pm to determine if he could be released on bail, as the government requested he remain behind bars.

After entering his not guilty plea at a court in Arkansas on Friday, US Chief Magistrate Judge Erin L. Wiedemann told Duggar that if he is released on bond, he would not be permitted to reside in a house with children, according to a release from the US Attorney's Office.

Judge Wiedemann advised Duggar he would have to work out an alternative residence where he could stay while awaiting trial.

'Given the nature of the charges against him, the court would likely require a third-party custodian that he could reside with and that would ensure compliance with conditions of bond,' Judge Wiedemann said.

upload_2021-5-4_6-51-28.png

upload_2021-5-4_6-18-59.png

upload_2021-5-4_6-16-51.png
JOSH Duggar is seen inside an Arkansas jail as he is booked on child *advertiser censored* charges.
Duggar is seen entering in a white shirt and jeans, wrists handcuffed in front of him. Sheriffs are then seen removing the handcuffs, and Duggar walks to a bench where he sits down, awaiting booking.

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-4_6-50-28.png
    upload_2021-5-4_6-50-28.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Moment 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar is booked into jail on child *advertiser censored* charges | Daily Mail Online

A detention hearing has been set for May 5 at 1:30pm to determine if he could be released on bail, as the government requested he remain behind bars.

After entering his not guilty plea at a court in Arkansas on Friday, US Chief Magistrate Judge Erin L. Wiedemann told Duggar that if he is released on bond, he would not be permitted to reside in a house with children, according to a release from the US Attorney's Office.

Judge Wiedemann advised Duggar he would have to work out an alternative residence where he could stay while awaiting trial.

'Given the nature of the charges against him, the court would likely require a third-party custodian that he could reside with and that would ensure compliance with conditions of bond,' Judge Wiedemann said.

View attachment 295703

View attachment 295701

View attachment 295698
JOSH Duggar is seen inside an Arkansas jail as he is booked on child *advertiser censored* charges.
Duggar is seen entering in a white shirt and jeans, wrists handcuffed in front of him. Sheriffs are then seen removing the handcuffs, and Duggar walks to a bench where he sits down, awaiting booking.

Is there any chance that Josh was a sex assault victim himself? I just keep thinking of how often the abused becomes the abuser. MOO Oh, how my heart hurts for the victims!!

Is there any chance that Josh was a sex assault victim himself? I just keep thinking of how often the abused becomes the abuser. MOO Oh, how my heart hurts for the victims!!

Maybe but please keep in mind that the victim-to-perpetrator cycle is not yet proven and can be harmful to victims. Repeating the unproven statement that abused children become abusers can stigmatize sexual abuse victims and make victims fear that they may one day become an abuser.

Most studies do see an increase of reports of sexual abuse in childhood in perpetrators of sexual assault vs the general public HOWEVER there are some things to keep in mind. First, male victims of assault are far less likely to come forward in the first place so there may be more victims out there that we don't know about thus making the prevalence in abusers vs general public closer or even tilted in the other direction than we think. Also, the data on abusers being abused in childhood came from the abusers once they were caught. They might be "confessing" to something that didn't happen to them to gain sympathy. While I believe that many are telling the truth, we all know that criminals lie to gain sympathy.

"Several authors reviewed various studies assessing the rate of child sexual abuse reported by 1 717 male perpetrators of sexual assault who had admitted their crimes. Despite a high degree of variability across the samples (from 0% to 75% of the perpetrators reported being sexually victimized), the researchers were able to determine that, overall, 23% of the perpetrators had experienced sexual abuse with physical contact in childhood."

"all of these data must be interpreted with caution because they were obtained from sex offenders who were known to the authorities and who would have been motivated to report a history of sexual abuse in childhood in order to gain sympathy, rationalize or minimize their actions, or even secure more favourable sentences."

Source: Sexual Abuse in the Childhood of Perpetrators | INSPQ

Personally I think it's more likely that the parents' failure to address what he did as a minor (molesting his sisters) is what caused him to stay on this path. Most juvenile offenders don't go on to become sex offenders in adulthood.

"Similarly, clinical data point to variability in risk for future sex offending as an adult. Multiple short- and long-term clinical followup studies of juvenile sex offenders consistently demonstrate that a large majority (about 85–95 percent) of sex-offending youth have no arrests or reports for future sex crimes. When previously sex-offending youth do have future arrests, they are far more likely to be for nonsexual crimes such as property or drug offenses than for sex crimes (Alexander, 1999; Caldwell, 2002; Reitzel and Carbonell, 2007). These empirical findings contrast with popular thought and widely publicized anecdotal cases that disproportionately portray incidences of sex crime recidivism. Nevertheless, a small number of sex-offending youth are at elevated risk to progress to adult sex offenses. To identify those who are more likely to progress to future offending, researchers have developed actuarial risk assessment tools that have demonstrated some predictive validity; efforts to refine these tools are underway (Parks and Bard, 2006; Righthand et al., 2005; Worling, 2004)."

Page 3 of this PDF: https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/227763.pdf

Those poor girls were required to forgive him and his parents didn't bother to send him for therapy. I think if they had, he would be a different person altogether today and would not be in the news for this.

Last edited:
I can’t find the video at the moment but after it was revealed that JD had touched his sisters inappropriately, 2 of the girls gave an interview where they minimized the seriousness of his actions. I have a lot I could say about that but I’ll leave it at that.

He is not a convicted sex offender.
Right, but he might be labeled as one soon, and if so, the family needs to figure out how to homeschool - not just to mention live - with him when/if he is not behind bars. He might have put their homeschooling life in jeopardy or, at minimum, made yet another difficulty for his wife and kids to manage down the road.

jmo

Ok. I’m not aware of any state that allows that.
"In Arkansas, parents may homeschool under the homeschool statute. If a registered sex offender lives in your home, or if your student is currently being disciplined by a public school, it’s imperative that you get individualized guidance before seeking to start a homeschool program."
How to Comply with Arkansas’ Homeschool Law.

Right, but he might be labeled as one soon, and if so, the family needs to figure out how to homeschool - not just to mention live - with him when/if he is not behind bars. He might have put their homeschooling life in jeopardy or, at minimum, made yet another difficulty for his wife and kids to manage down the road.

jmo
That’s for sure. Their lives changed the day he was arrested.

"In Arkansas, parents may homeschool under the homeschool statute. If a registered sex offender lives in your home, or if your student is currently being disciplined by a public school, it’s imperative that you get individualized guidance before seeking to start a homeschool program."
How to Comply with Arkansas’ Homeschool Law.

Simple solution to the home school problem.

Just have the kids do their lessons in the big house. Wouldn't be surprised if they already do that some of the time. The youngest duggar daughters would probably like it.

The German police rolled up a large child *advertiser censored* platform (Boystown) on the dark web with 400.000 users. It took place over the last couple of months. The Netherlands, Australia and the US took part in the investigation. It was in the news yesterday (in the Netherlands). Maybe that’s the bigger picture?..
That's what I'm thinking. My sources upthread.

Simple solution to the home school problem.

Just have the kids do their lessons in the big house. Wouldn't be surprised if they already do that some of the time. The youngest duggar daughters would probably like it.

It’s not a matter of doing lessons away from the Sex Offender, it’s the matter of living in the sand home as the sex offender and not having the mandated reporters- teachers in their lives. The rule is a safeguard.

I have homeschooled for 10 years in Arkansas and from my understanding no sex offenders can live in the home as a homeschooler.
People are linking sites that don’t show the full law..I’ll check with the arkansas department of education to see if there is a clearer answer.

Arkansas law does not allow it.

she would have to say they live in separate households.
With their “fame” it wouldn’t take long for people to out him if he was living in the home

Attachments

• F0EB815B-DF3D-4623-99F2-221631F39DDE.png
    F0EB815B-DF3D-4623-99F2-221631F39DDE.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 11
  • C35792E5-756D-4D3C-809C-BB783915E6C8.png
    C35792E5-756D-4D3C-809C-BB783915E6C8.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 10
It’s not a matter of doing lessons away from the Sex Offender, it’s the matter of living in the sand home as the sex offender and not having the mandated reporters- teachers in their lives. The rule is a safeguard.

I have homeschooled for 10 years in Arkansas and from my understanding no sex offenders can live in the home as a homeschooler.
People are linking sites that don’t show the full law..I’ll check with the arkansas department of education to see if there is a clearer answer.
Thanks. What I originally was looking for was if AR homeschooling regulations require teaching fire safety. That part about SO just happened to pop up when I was searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74