Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://prisonerresource.com/federal-bureau-prisons/arkansas/

It appears Forrest City has many levels and types of prison facilities.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons normally will place inmates within a 500 mile radius of their homes. The Federal prison in Forrest City Arkansas is 288 miles away from the Duggar home.

https://prisonerresource.com/federal-prisons/arkansas/

Federal Prisons in Arkansas

FCI Forrest City Medium
Medium Security Level 2
It houses 1,064 male inmates

FCI Forrest City Low
Low Security Level 1
It houses 1,703 male inmates

FCI Forrest City Camp
Minimum Security Camp
It houses 188 male inmates

I realize it's a highly unpopular opinion here but, the family and friends supporting JD are not on trial, nor have they ever been charged with anything or named as suspects in any criminal activity. Despite what some may think about their religious views, their only "crime" was to believe and support their family member. I suspect, after sitting through the evidence presented in court, some of them may be reconsidering their positions of support.

They don't deserve to be shamed, they deserve some grace and compassion, just like any other extended family of a convicted pervert.

jmo
Giving their daughters lessons in modesty is blaming them for being sexually assaulted IMO. How do they practice modesty when asleep in their beds? MOO.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons normally will place inmates within a 500 mile radius of their homes. The Federal prison in Forrest City Arkansas is 288 miles away from the Duggar home.

https://prisonerresource.com/federal-prisons/arkansas/

Federal Prisons in Arkansas

FCI Forrest City Medium
Medium Security Level 2
It houses 1,064 male inmates

FCI Forrest City Low
Low Security Level 1
It houses 1,703 male inmates

FCI Forrest City Camp
Minimum Security Camp
It houses 188 male inmates

The thing is, they don't house sex offenders everywhere, because they're too vulnerable, so this might nix Forrest City.

The thing is, they don't house sex offenders everywhere, because they're too vulnerable, so this might nix Forrest City.

I agree. I’m kind of leaning towards FCI Seagoville near Dallas, TX. It is in the same region as AR. We shall see. JMO

ETA, this would be within the 500 miles mentioned above. My maps calculated it right at 350 miles, city to city.

Last edited:
I realize it's a highly unpopular opinion here but, the family and friends supporting JD are not on trial, nor have they ever been charged with anything or named as suspects in any criminal activity. Despite what some may think about their religious views, their only "crime" was to believe and support their family member. I suspect, after sitting through the evidence presented in court, some of them may be reconsidering their positions of support.

They don't deserve to be shamed, they deserve some grace and compassion, just like any other extended family of a convicted pervert.

jmo
Giving their daughters lessons in modesty is blaming them for being sexually assaulted IMO. How do they practice modesty when asleep in their beds? MOO.
To be fair, I don't think this accurately characterizes what I've read about the steps they took to see that it didn't happen again and see that the girls' were supported. I have not followed this family extensively, but I believe I did read that the parents initially decided to handle this privately, within the home. I think Josh was 12 when the incident happened, but even at 14 or 15, I think this would have been my decision, too. (Obviously, LE were eventually involved, with questionable results.)

I've read that the parents had their own discussion with him; enlisted help from a counselor; created greater separation between the sexes, including the girls having a bedroom lock, and perhaps, yes, discussed modesty with them.

The above post seems to be that the parents blame the girls, rather than Josh, because they teach their children about modesty and draw a relationship between keeping sexuality underwraps and others acting out sexually. I don't see this in any way as a reality.

There should be modesty in a home, IMO. However, teaching modesty certainly doesn't, in any logical way, erase the blame of molestation by Josh, on Josh.

Here's the principle: A person, any person, who tempts another to do something wrong, even if only due to carelessness, is to some degree, wrong to do so. If one person tempts a person they know is an alcoholic with alcohol, that person is guilt of.....tempting the person to abuse alcohol. His guilt stands alone. The person who actually drinks the alcohol, knowing that it will lead to abuse of alcohol, is guilty of.....drinking alcohol knowing that it will lead to abuse.

Back to modesty: Neither sex should be overly "familiar" with the other in a home, especially with children, and that seems to include covering up in my book.

And extra diaper work: Well, for years women have done all the diaper work, and men have done all the outdoor/rough work, dug the ditches, drained the sewers, killed the vermin and predators, and fixed the carburetors. I know most people don't like to divide the work like that anymore, but that's the tendency for the Duggars. What should they have done? They tried the "woke" way, and thought it wasn't appropriate, considering the situation, so the girls picked up some diaper changes.

It's funny, but I haven't seen those young women complain about diaper changing at all, but they sure have complained about the "revictimization" of having their molestation be made public.

Also, I think it apt to note a couple of other items: Josh is the only person in the family, that I know of, who has ever been accused of molestation or anything like it. The father and other sons have never had any questions about their behavior. That tells me that Josh is the problem, and they tried to change/help it, and isolate it. They failed. I don't care for the Duggars for many reasons, but I do think they've received much vitriol because people don't like them and their way of life.

Also, I find the vitriol toward them amusing at times, because as I sit here at my desk I am surrounded by more pedophiles and rapists than I can count. Pretty much anywhere you go in this country, you can check the sex offender list and find hundreds of them within two square miles. They're everywhere. I'm quite sure that none of the ones who live near me have ever stepped inside a church or would consider or even imagine living the lifestyle of the Duggars.
BBM. But, IMO that is because they were made to feel shame that they were sexually assaulted. How do little girls sleep 'modestly'? MOO

There is not enough room for all sex offender inmates to get into a SOMP program. He might go to a regular prison and end up in segregation if he is threatened or harrassed.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons created the Sex Offender Management Program (SOMP) as a solution to sex offender management issues. It is an institutional designation which means that the prison has a more robust Psychology Department, a Sex Offender Treatment Program (either residential or non-residential), and a higher percentage of sexual offenders in the general population.

In effect, this makes SOMP federal prisons easier for sex offenders, enabling them to stay at the prison without threat to their lives. By housing this specialized population in certain prisons, prison officials can also monitor them more effectively.

https://prisonerresource.com/prison-life/special-tactics/how-sex-offenders-survive/

Here is where some recent Arkansas sex offenders ended up.

FCI Texarkana
USP Terre Haute Indiana
FCI Oakdale Louisiana

I think we can conclude from this that everything depends on the assessments. They're also not entirely bound by the 500-mile distance or the places where the specialty SO programs are offered
There is not enough room for all sex offender inmates to get into a SOMP program. He might go to a regular prison and end up in segregation if he is threatened or harrassed.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons created the Sex Offender Management Program (SOMP) as a solution to sex offender management issues. It is an institutional designation which means that the prison has a more robust Psychology Department, a Sex Offender Treatment Program (either residential or non-residential), and a higher percentage of sexual offenders in the general population.

In effect, this makes SOMP federal prisons easier for sex offenders, enabling them to stay at the prison without threat to their lives. By housing this specialized population in certain prisons, prison officials can also monitor them more effectively.

https://prisonerresource.com/prison-life/special-tactics/how-sex-offenders-survive/
That was what I read as well. It sounds like if they don't put them in a SOMP program, they try to put them where there are other sex offenders in the general population.

FCI Texarkana
USP Terre Haute Indiana
FCI Oakdale Louisiana

I think we can conclude from this that everything depends on the assessments. They're also not entirely bound by the 500-mile distance or the places where the specialty SO programs are offered

That was what I read as well. It sounds like if they don't put them in a SOMP program, they try to put them where there are other sex offenders in the general population.

I’m also wondering if they try to utilize the program facilities for those who are scheduled to be released in the next 18 months. (One of the docs I posted earlier indicated the programs are 18 month programs.) This would make sense to me. But then, I don’t think like others. JMO/MOO

FCI Texarkana
USP Terre Haute Indiana
FCI Oakdale Louisiana

There are sex offenders in most general populations. I think Josh will want to be close to home and will "request" to be housed at Forrest City, a 4 hour drive.

A very long day for Anna but much more doable than farther away where she would need a hotel every time. Would get very expensive.

BBM. But, IMO that is because they were made to feel shame that they were sexually assaulted. How do little girls sleep 'modestly'? MOO

I'm not sure that the modesty that is important in the family has anything to do with sleeping. Not sure what they have to do with each other.

I also don't see any evidence that their daughters were shamed. Have they said that they felt that way? I can totally understand why they would be uncomfortable with the molestation being made public. I would feel victimized as well with it made public, and I certainly wouldn't feel as if I were "shamed". The victimizing has nothing to do with shaming.

To be fair, I don't think this accurately characterizes what I've read about the steps they took to see that it didn't happen again and see that the girls' were supported. I have not followed this family extensively, but I believe I did read that the parents initially decided to handle this privately, within the home. I think Josh was 12 when the incident happened, but even at 14 or 15, I think this would have been my decision, too. (Obviously, LE were eventually involved, with questionable results.)

I've read that the parents had their own discussion with him; enlisted help from a counselor; created greater separation between the sexes, including the girls having a bedroom lock, and perhaps, yes, discussed modesty with them.

The above post seems to be that the parents blame the girls, rather than Josh, because they teach their children about modesty and draw a relationship between keeping sexuality underwraps and others acting out sexually. I don't see this in any way as a reality.

There should be modesty in a home, IMO. However, teaching modesty certainly doesn't, in any logical way, erase the blame of molestation by Josh, on Josh.

Here's the principle: A person, any person, who tempts another to do something wrong, even if only due to carelessness, is to some degree, wrong to do so. If one person tempts a person they know is an alcoholic with alcohol, that person is guilt of.....tempting the person to abuse alcohol. His guilt stands alone. The person who actually drinks the alcohol, knowing that it will lead to abuse of alcohol, is guilty of.....drinking alcohol knowing that it will lead to abuse.

Back to modesty: Neither sex should be overly "familiar" with the other in a home, especially with children, and that seems to include covering up in my book.

And extra diaper work: Well, for years women have done all the diaper work, and men have done all the outdoor/rough work, dug the ditches, drained the sewers, killed the vermin and predators, and fixed the carburetors. I know most people don't like to divide the work like that anymore, but that's the tendency for the Duggars. What should they have done? They tried the "woke" way, and thought it wasn't appropriate, considering the situation, so the girls picked up some diaper changes.

It's funny, but I haven't seen those young women complain about diaper changing at all, but they sure have complained about the "revictimization" of having their molestation be made public.

Also, I think it apt to note a couple of other items: Josh is the only person in the family, that I know of, who has ever been accused of molestation or anything like it. The father and other sons have never had any questions about their behavior. That tells me that Josh is the problem, and they tried to change/help it, and isolate it. They failed. I don't care for the Duggars for many reasons, but I do think they've received much vitriol because people don't like them and their way of life.

Also, I find the vitriol toward them amusing at times, because as I sit here at my desk I am surrounded by more pedophiles and rapists than I can count. Pretty much anywhere you go in this country, you can check the sex offender list and find hundreds of them within two square miles. They're everywhere. I'm quite sure that none of the ones who live near me have ever stepped inside a church or would consider or even imagine living the lifestyle of the Duggars.

I have followed the family extensively. They obtained zero professional counseling for any of their kids. The police report indicates that he was doing this at ages 14-15. Bobye Holt testifies it started even younger. At 12.
And yet, it kept going for years!
There is a lot of information regarding their response. It was horrible.

To state that teaching victims of abuse “modesty” is an appropriate response is to blame the victims, IMO. Josh should have been removed from the home permanently. Sent to live elsewhere. Given residential treatment by professionals. A 5 year old isn’t “tempting” a sibling even if she’s running around buck naked. My gosh.

That site is much easier to understand than wading through federal regulations.

I'm not sure that the modesty that is important in the family has anything to do with sleeping. Not sure what they have to do with each other.

I also don't see any evidence that their daughters were shamed. Have they said that they felt that way? I can totally understand why they would be uncomfortable with the molestation being made public. I would feel victimized as well with it made public, and I certainly wouldn't feel as if I were "shamed". The victimizing has nothing to do with shaming.
It has everything to do with shaming IMO. The girls were give lessons in modesty. They were sleeping when he assaulted them. Teaching them modesty is implying that immodest behavior by little girls temps males.
It is not so different than people still, blaming women's dress (but what was she wearing?) and behavior for them being sexually assaulted.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member