Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 *guilty* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the modesty that is important in the family has anything to do with sleeping. Not sure what they have to do with each other.

I also don't see any evidence that their daughters were shamed. Have they said that they felt that way? I can totally understand why they would be uncomfortable with the molestation being made public. I would feel victimized as well with it made public, and I certainly wouldn't feel as if I were "shamed". The victimizing has nothing to do with shaming.

You may find something illuminating by Googling:

Recovering Grace
There Is No Victim: A Survey of IBLP Literature on Sexual Assault and Abuse

25 April 2014

and:

An April 30th 2021 post on an FB page called Thriving Forward. A post titled “Why has Anna Duggar Stayed With Josh”.

Those are two easy reads regarding this issue.

I have followed the family extensively. They obtained zero professional counseling for any of their kids. The police report indicates that he was doing this at ages 14-15. Bobye Holt testifies it started even younger. At 12.
And yet, it kept going for years!
There is a lot of information regarding their response. It was horrible.

To state that teaching victims of abuse “modesty” is an appropriate response is to blame the victims, IMO. Josh should have been removed from the home permanently. Sent to live elsewhere. Given residential treatment by professionals. A 5 year old isn’t “tempting” a sibling even if she’s running around buck naked. My gosh.

Gitana,
Thanks for that. I haven't followed them extensively, that's for sure. Why do I think they did obtain counseling? Perhaps the only time he went was recently?

I guess I really don't know the timeline on things. However, we'll have to agree to disagree on the "blame the victims". I just don't see it.

Also, there are many miscommunications in this thread, I think. I certainly wasn't talking about the 5 year old with regard to modesty. It's obvious that Josh had serious issues, but I'm just not sure how it all played out. When did they become aware that he had molested the five year old? My understanding is that it was much later.

All this to say, I can see that as this unfolded, they wished to try to handle it privately and keep the family together. They thought they could do that, but were mistaken.

To add to my previous post, I guess I see so many here who think that the parents couldn't care less about the girls, and just wanted to hide it or protect Josh. I haven't really seen evidence of that. I have a feeling that looking back they wish they'd done things much differently, and taken the bull by the horns at the outset.

There are things that I find disagreeable and some things downright awful about the Duggars, but I do think they did try to stop the behavior.

Gitana,
Thanks for that. I haven't followed them extensively, that's for sure. Why do I think they did obtain counseling? Perhaps the only time he went was recently?

I guess I really don't know the timeline on things. However, we'll have to agree to disagree on the "blame the victims". I just don't see it.

Also, there are many miscommunications in this thread, I think. I certainly wasn't talking about the 5 year old with regard to modesty. It's obvious that Josh had serious issues, but I'm just not sure how it all played out. When did they become aware that he had molested the five year old? My understanding is that it was much later.

All this to say, I can see that as this unfolded, they wished to try to handle it privately and keep the family together. They thought they could do that, but were mistaken.
They became aware of the assault of the 5 year old the day it happened. She started crying and ran away and told on him. It in the police report.

Bombshell Duggar Police Report: Jim Bob Duggar Didn’t Report Son Josh’s Alleged Sex Offenses For More Than a Year - In Touch Weekly

I have followed the family extensively. They obtained zero professional counseling for any of their kids. The police report indicates that he was doing this at ages 14-15. Bobye Holt testifies it started even younger. At 12.
And yet, it kept going for years!
There is a lot of information regarding their response. It was horrible.

To state that teaching victims of abuse “modesty” is an appropriate response is to blame the victims, IMO. Josh should have been removed from the home permanently. Sent to live elsewhere. Given residential treatment by professionals. A 5 year old isn’t “tempting” a sibling even if she’s running around buck naked. My gosh.

Just bumping this because it’s so important. If a victim bears some responsibility for a crime against her body (ie immodest dress), then rape victims in short skirts were “asking for it.” It’s the same thing. It is blaming the victim for someone else’s wrong. JMO.

To add to my previous post, I guess I see so many here who think that the parents couldn't care less about the girls, and just wanted to hide it or protect Josh. I haven't really seen evidence of that. I have a feeling that looking back they wish they'd done things much differently, and taken the bull by the horns at the outset.

There are things that I find disagreeable and some things downright awful about the Duggars, but I do think they did try to stop the behavior.
They tried to stop the behavior by teaching the girls to change their behavior. They did not get counselling for him. They got other church members to speak to him, not a counsellor trained in child sexual abusers.
And the five year old told on him immediately. It would have hurt her and she could quite likely have had bleeding.
He penetrated her vagina, not just touched her.
I am sorry to be graphic.
MOO.

JOSH Duggar is being held in solitary confinement in jail “for his own safety” after his child *advertiser censored* conviction.

A source at Washington County Correctional Facility exclusively told The Sun the disgraced 19 Kids and Counting star is being held in solitary confinement and secured away from fellow inmates as he awaits his sentencing hearing.

The source revealed: "Josh is cordoned off from the general population. He is in a holding cell by himself. We do this for every sex offender. We are holding him separately for his own safety."

When asked if it's lonely for him to be by himself in the cell all day, the source added "It is what it is."

Josh Duggar in solitary confinement in his jail cell 'for his own safety'

And they need to find out who molested HIM! Kids don't know how to do things like that unless somebody taught them.
Unless they have been viewing *advertiser censored* as he did when working on a political campaign. There is no way that parents with that many children could supervise all their behavior. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

For me, I found Jinger's words overall bold and courageous. They put blame where blame belongs. I'm not sure I would have gone the "gratitude" route, but that's evidently Jinger's, and it does give her space to welcome the fact that Josh was convicted. It seems quite startling to me how plainly she speaks about his guilt, even though it's overlaid with the vocabulary of her faith.
Anyway, that's my analysis and my opinion. I'm kinda impressed to tell you the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may find something illuminating by Googling:

Recovering Grace
There Is No Victim: A Survey of IBLP Literature on Sexual Assault and Abuse

25 April 2014

and:

An April 30th 2021 post on an FB page called Thriving Forward. A post titled “Why has Anna Duggar Stayed With Josh”.

Those are two easy reads regarding this issue.

Great insight - Thank you!

As PP said, I also thought the statements were bold and courageous. Yes, they got a little preachy, but they are Duggars after all!

I prefer what their cousin said. Pretty much to the point:

Duggar's cousin Amy King, who has been outspoken against him in recent weeks, tweeted that "justice has been served."

"May the juror’s and Judge Brooks seek healing / counseling from all that was exposed to them," her statement on Twitter began. "May the children grow up with real Godly men as father figures who will guide and protect them. May the people who were once in disbelief have their eyes opened for the first time."

"May the daughters who were abused feel validated," she continued. "You are truly beautiful and worthy of love. May there be intense counseling / healing. May there be wisdom for all those involved on how to move forward. Thank you Jesus. Justice has been served."
Josh Duggar's child *advertiser censored* conviction leaves Arkansas locals 'ecstatic': 'He's belonged in prison a long time'

I'm not sure why there would be anything wrong with praising god; different people have different ways of handling things and speaking about their pain.

For me, I found Jinger's words overall bold and courageous. They put blame where blame belongs. I'm not sure I would have gone the "gratitude" route, but that's evidently Jinger's, and it does give her space to welcome the fact that Josh was convicted. It seems quite startling to me how plainly she speaks about his guilt, even though it's overlaid with the vocabulary of her faith.
Anyway, that's my analysis and my opinion. I'm kinda impressed to tell you the truth.

I agree. I think she did a really great job in expressing her views in light of her religious beliefs. I find it unreasonable to be bothered by her referencing God in that context. She however clearly ascribed blame to Josh and expressed pleasure at his guilt being exposed and his being held accountable for it.

It was nothing like the wishy washy mealy mouthed message from his parents. Their reference to "anyone hurt by CSAM" was so vague it could even mean they included Josh as being hurt by it. They ascribed no personal guilt to him at all from what I remember reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson