Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WA detective made some mention of there being a possibility that JP did something to the boys before the gas ignited. ??? He wasn't really specific and clear, but said they are waiting on the autopsy. No gun was found, but could they have had blunt force trauma...or have been smothered?

Pretty sure he was just saying the appeared to be no gun shot wounds but that the autopsies were ongoing..

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan's best friend will be joining us tonight on Websleuths radio. 10 PM Eastern.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161983"]Special Edition of Websleuths Radio Monday Feb. 6th - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

located in court buildings with all entrants subject to search and metal detectors. I don't think the concept of a violent end was too far fetched to grasp here. Someone should have been on top of this. He exhibited plenty of scary signs with his beliefs and actions.

Reading his last court filing you could sense his desparation. How could those invovled NOT see that his failure to secure the custody that he KNEW he deserved and thought he was going to get back would not create a dangerous situation? Everyone knew he was determined to get his children back, to get them under his control. Not only that but keep them away from the Coxes, who he hated. His father was taken away to jail. He was going to have to undergo an evaluaiton that clearly freaked him out. He was a ticking time bomb. If visitation was even appropriate it should have been in a state controlled environment with law enforcement officers, not in his home and not with a social worker. All LE invovled have stated they believed he killed his wife. He displayed enough instability reinforced by his court filings and appearances that the court could have easily viewed him as the danger he actually was and could have gone the extra step from social worker supervised vivists to safe and armed supervised visits.

Sure, he might have been determined and he might have succeeded anyway but I feel we, as society, are guilty of making it just too damn easy for him. IMO, this was not a tough thing to predict and it certainly could have been prevented if everyone was focused on the right things. I don't see how any parent suspected of killing their spouse is NOT a danger to their children. Especially here where there was plenty of evidence aduced during the investigation of how controlling he was. His control already resulted in one death. How could it fail to be seen how likely it was, at this point, that this need for control could evidence itself as it did. It's the same as when a battered woman leaves is the most dangerous time. His children remained in the Coxes custody and he was threatened with exposure through the mandeted psychological testing which would further secure their placement with the Coxes.
I completely agree, and I don't think he should have been allowed to see them at home, or even a McDonald's, Chuck E. Cheese, or a park as have been suggested. He still could have killed at a courthouse, but why make it easy for him and give him the least restrictive setting??? The social worker lost all control of the situation the minute the kids went in first and he locked her out. My guess is not that he wanted to spare her life, but to prevent her from stopping him!

The one who did this to Susan (now ,more than ever, I believe she is no longer with us),and to her children has shown himself for what he truly was. Any supporters of him are in some kind of denial. Sorry if that offends his friends ( I don't care to type his name right now ), that's how I feel. I don't hate him, life is too short to allow anger against this man to consume me.
My best friends' brother, and his wife, were killed some years ago in a home invasion. I won't go into detail-- except to say that I was with my friend at her parents' home the day after they got the news, and saw what murder of loved ones does to their family members.
This was the first --and I hope last -- time that crime ,of any kind , touched my life.
I believe that for every single despicable act a person commits on another, that there are a hundred more people who would never harm anyone !
I still have faith in humanity, but then I've never lost anyone to violence. My friend , and her family , have gone on with their lives; but I never bring up what happened years ago....it would seem like reopening a wound that hasn't begun to fully heal. Not too sure if there's ever 'closure' for victims of violent acts, either.

My deepest sympathy to Susans' parents most of all, and to everyone who cared about Susan and her sons.

I pray you are right, but just lately, my faith is crumbling with each atrocity I read about.

Imagine this successive group of calamities that occurs in Job’s life. His sheep are taken. His camels are taken. Fire from Heaven rains down and burns up his servants and his cattle. Then, in addition to all of that, a wind come across the desert and hits the house where Job’s children are. As a result, the house falls and kills Job’s children. In one fell swoop, Job loses everything. He is bankrupt, and has nothing to call his own. And not only is he bankrupt, but he also has lost what is most important to him—his own children. Truly, Satan caused Job great suffering in this first test. The question is this: How did Job respond? If Satan’s accusation was true, and if Job served God only for what he could get out of it, then Job should have “thrown in the towel” here. But notice what Job said in Job 1:20-22,

“Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: ‘Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.’ In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.”

Imagine what Job has just suffered. He has just had what we might call a “black Monday.” He lost everything--including his children. Yet the Bible tells us “then Job fell to the ground and worshiped.” He then said, “The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; bles*sed be the name of the Lord.” This first test is proof that Job was serving God because He was God, and that men do not necessarily serve God because of the blessings He gives them, but instead because they want to follow His teachings.

My heart just breaks for Susan's parents. They fought so hard to try and save their precious grandsons. And just when it seemed that they might have them safely tucked away from harm, the monster strikes. I am so sad for them. They must be inconsolable.
:rose::rose::rose:

I didn't hear about this until this morning while watching the Today Show. I knew that something big had to have happened in one of the cases on here yesterday when I was having trouble getting on. My 14 year old daughter was getting ready to walk out the door this morning to go to the bus stop when my mouth dropped open and I said oh my god. She of course wanted to know what the problem was but I didn't want to tell her especially with her going to school. I can't believe that JP actually went through with something like this. Like others I always thought it was possible but I also felt that he considered himself to superior to actually follow through as it would leave no doubt in everyone's minds that he was beyond evil.

My main hope and prayer is that JP at least had the decency to put the boys to sleep before the fire burned them. I know that sounds cold but I would rather that they had been smothered by JPs hand or something instead of being burned alive. As far as JP goes, I hope that he was alive during the entire thing and suffered immense pain.

In the end JP did what he never wanted to happen, he gave Susan back her boys. They are with her now and will always be. They also now know exactly what kind of evil monster their "father" really is.

Why didn't this coward go kill his Father instead. Even though he murdered Susan it was his Father's fault the boys were taken away. Why take it out on two innocent precious angels? I hope the fires are really warn down there Josh

don't know if this was posted yet-
http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...atal-explosion/story?id=15520394#.TzBiScj2VPg

this just breaks my heart .... completely apart

And there's the section in there about him being unusually calm the week before --- People who decide to end their lives do become unusually calm and 'content' beforehand because now they have an escape planned and they think their suffering will be ended. That should have sent up a red flag when he changed like that.

My heart just breaks for Susan's parents. They fought so hard to try and save their precious grandsons. And just when it seemed that they might have them safely tucked away from harm, the monster strikes. I am so sad for them. They must be inconsolable.
:rose::rose::rose:

BBM and resp. snipped

I'm glad you used the word 'monster' and not 'animal'; my parents had a small hobby farm for our pets and those with babies were excellent mothers.
I understand when people use the term 'animal' they are referring to humans acting with instincts that seem evil ---and are evil because humans often know when they're doing wrong. Crimes are often commited under cover of darkness .
Animals, on the other hand , are often acting out in fear for their young, or their own preservation.

And there's the section in there about him being unusually calm the week before --- People who decide to end their lives do become unusually calm and 'content' beforehand because now they have an escape planned and they think their suffering will be ended. That should have sent up a red flag when he changed like that.
He had found his calm, his way out.

He makes me sick.

located in court buildings with all entrants subject to search and metal detectors. I don't think the concept of a violent end was too far fetched to grasp here. Someone should have been on top of this. He exhibited plenty of scary signs with his beliefs and actions.

Reading his last court filing you could sense his desparation. How could those invovled NOT see that his failure to secure the custody that he KNEW he deserved and thought he was going to get back would not create a dangerous situation? Everyone knew he was determined to get his children back, to get them under his control. Not only that but keep them away from the Coxes, who he hated. His father was taken away to jail. He was going to have to undergo an evaluaiton that clearly freaked him out. He was a ticking time bomb. If visitation was even appropriate it should have been in a state controlled environment with law enforcement officers, not in his home and not with a social worker. All LE invovled have stated they believed he killed his wife. He displayed enough instability reinforced by his court filings and appearances that the court could have easily viewed him as the danger he actually was and could have gone the extra step from social worker supervised vivists to safe and armed supervised visits.

Sure, he might have been determined and he might have succeeded anyway but I feel we, as society, are guilty of making it just too damn easy for him. IMO, this was not a tough thing to predict and it certainly could have been prevented if everyone was focused on the right things. I don't see how any parent suspected of killing their spouse is NOT a danger to their children. Especially here where there was plenty of evidence aduced during the investigation of how controlling he was. His control already resulted in one death. How could it fail to be seen how likely it was, at this point, that this need for control could evidence itself as it did. It's the same as when a battered woman leaves is the most dangerous time. His children remained in the Coxes custody and he was threatened with exposure through the mandeted psychological testing which would further secure their placement with the Coxes.

It seems in this case that the state did indeed make this VERY VERY easy for Josh to do and accomplish. Why make it so easy?

Although not her fault, the woman who accompanied the children was not even a social worker. She was a hired contractor. Someone with experience and preferably in a guarded environment should have been sent to monitor Josh's visits.

This was entirely avoidable and entirely too easy for Josh to murder his two children. He clearly was a ticking time bomb and no one did anything about it.

BBM and resp. snipped

I'm glad you used the word 'monster' and not 'animal'; my parents had a small hobby farm for our pets and those with babies were excellent mothers.
I understand when people use the term 'animal' they are referring to humans acting with instincts that seem evil ---and are evil because humans often know when they're doing wrong. Crimes are often commited under cover of darkness .
Animals, on the other hand , are often acting out in fear for their young, or their own preservation.

I agree. I just wish my female German Shepherd had been with those boys when they went inside that home. She would have used her maternal instincts and her teeth to remind that monster how evil he really was.

giving the sons toys away was another 'sign'........who knew this piece of info?
O/T we are in full moon phase.........looneys

Anyone else watching NG? Her sister just said the boys mentioned they pointed to their chest and said their "mommy said "owie"

layout of home per NG.
JPhome.jpg

This case is just breaking my heart. I hope the guilt weighs on Josh dad and he tells what Josh did with Susan.

I'm sure Josh was very calm (before the storm) he had a plan. A way out. A way out from his secrets never more having to answer to. A way out to hurt the Cox Family beyond the imagination. The act engulfed the lives of those children and those who loved them. It has engulfed us. It seems to represent every crime we read and anguish over ten fold. We have witnessed good vs. evil here on earth. Evil may have won on earth and for those left behind. Josh didn't realize he put those boys back in their Mothers loving arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria