Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt he spread the gasoline before the children showed up. I think he incapacitated them with a hatchet first, then send his e-mails, then spread the gasoline and set the fire.

I didn't post here yesterday because I was too upset. I'm just sick about what happened to Charles and Braden. May they rest in peace with Susan.

A report on the CPS/DHS dilemma when it comes to parents like JP.. JP didn't fit into any category that would have prevented his "supervised" visits in his home.. :-(

Josh Powell's fatal plan 'off the charts'
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705398866/Josh-Powells-fatal-plan-off-the-charts.html?pg=1

The only reason DCF can say this "came out of the blue" is because of our legal system. He wasn't convicted or charged with disappearance of Susan, so legally it comes "out of the blue." But not exactly if one uses common sense.

Can it get any worse? Makes me wish 12/21/12 is for real!

Ya' know, I was thinking. I don't believe the coward could have anticipated for one, tiny moment, how many people would be so absolutely devastated by this. How total strangers to Susan and the boys would be struck dumb by, or shriek in disbelief, at the news. How many people would cry about someone they never met. How seasoned reporters would weep and have a hard time getting it together.

The sociopathic coward knew the Coxes would be upset but, he likely envisioned that as a rage-filled temper tantrum at the thought that they "lost" rather than as the annihiliating grief they are feeling. And he would never guess that people other than the Coxes would be so wounded as so many of us are, right now.

But the fact is, so many of us ARE wounded and people like the coward are the exception, not the rule. That thought is what keeps me going.

I am very grateful that I had websleuths to come to upon hearing the news, that I could share my horror with so many wonderful, compassionate human beings. The coward is a stain that exists no more and will never be remembered for anything other than his cowardice. And he could not stop the love that Susan felt for Charlie and Braden or the love that millions of people felt for them all. Such love is much more powerful than a stain like the coward.

I don't think he hated his kids... I don't think he loved them either.
I think they were simply pawns to him... and it reached a point where he was done playing...
He just waited for the opening... and the courts gave him the spot he needed to get through and end the game.

He may have been afraid they would talk, that's always a possibility.
But I think it was more about ending it all in the way that would be the most painful for Susan's family.

I think the pattern Josh has left behind speaks for itself.

Why didn't he want Susan to have the kids if she divorced him?
Because HE wanted to have them.

Why didn't he want Susan's parents to have the kids?
Because HE didn't like them, so he wanted them put them with strangers instead.

Why did Josh kill his kids?
Because HE had lost control of them...
Because HE wanted to torture Susan's parents, his sister and all of the other people who tried to get Justice for Susan.
Because HE was the only person good enough to raise them.

And... just maybe...
because he knew what the outcome of his psycho-sexual evaluation was going to be??
If he thought that he would fail that... it would definitely add to the motive here.

I saw the evil in this disgusting excuse for a human every time I saw footage of him after Susan's disappearance. Every time I saw him running from the cameras clutching one of the children close to his chest like he was using them as a shield from the truth of the horror he had already committed against their Mother. And I saw an even more disturbed and tortured soulless individual during the first custody hearing...at that time I was frightened at the sight of him. I knew I was looking at pure evil, a person that was capable of the unspeakable.
Why no one else in that courtroom saw the same thing is beyond my comprehension. It is haunting to me how many times after seeing him and thinking of what may come at his hands that it chills me to the bone. I am just so sick over this.

But we all saw it. And I actually do think the judge saw it as well. I was surprised to hear she ordered a psycho sexual eval. That is very rare because it is very intrusive. I just think she was somewhat prevented from doing more because of policies of the law that concentrate more on the rights of suspects and defendants than they do on the rights of their victims or their children. That needs to change. There are other cases like this around.

I hope they dig deep into Steven Powell's past because their are still young women missing out there and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he has killed other women.This man is a freak psycho.

A woman who claims to be the ex-girlfriend of Steven Powell, told Examiner.com that Susan was the focal point of the songs he posted on his website.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16985924

Oh yeah. You can really tell that when you listen. We discussed that quite a bit. The songs are so creepy and weird and odd. Ick.

I keep coming back here, refreshing the pages, hoping to read that this was all a big mistake and that this never happened.

Each time, I am disappointed and saddened anew.

I will never comprehend the evil the lurks in the minds of some people.

It is beyond baffling, this level of depravity.

Man, me too. It's almost a physical shock.

A report on the CPS/DHS dilemma when it comes to parents like JP.. JP didn't fit into any category that would have prevented his "supervised" visits in his home.. :-(

Josh Powell's fatal plan 'off the charts'
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705398866/Josh-Powells-fatal-plan-off-the-charts.html?pg=1

And that is a HUGE problem.

I'm sick of bureaucracy being unable to think outside the box or to use logic instead of protocols and policies. This was not a hard one to predict. Suspect in a murder case with every clue pointing to him, seriously, generationally dysfunctional family with a history of hatred of women, viewing children as toys, pawns, or possessions and attempts at parental alienation, and a cornered monster losing more and more control of his possessions, to the family of the woman he hated. No way should he have had visits outside a secure facility.

I was looking back on an old Deseret News article reading some quotes from Tim Peterson, the Powell's neighbor and a member of their church. I think it is strange that Tim was helping with marriage counseling and seemed to know some intimate details of Susan and Josh's marriage. Does anyone else think this is strange? I am a very private person, so just asking. Quote from paper: When Josh and Susan Powell were first married, both were very active in the LDS Church, Petersen said. They were sealed in the temple. But once they moved to Utah, Josh Powell stopped attending church.

Petersen said the Powells' marriage counselor instructed Susan Powell to set specific goals. Susan Powell told her husband that her goal was for him to become active in the church again by the end of 2009 and to have his temple recommend again by their anniversary in the spring. Otherwise, she was going to divorce him and take the children, Petersen said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...his-time-getting-home-neighbor-says.html?pg=2
I messed up the links, sorry, I rarely post here.

There reporting it as 5minutes after the boys ran inside.. With 1neighbor saying it was only 3minutes from that point that the home was engulfed in flames... It is that which leads me to believe that 3-5mins is no way, no how enough time to spread 10gallons of gasoline on top of what he did to the boys.. And that the sw upon reaching the door immediately smelled the gasoline..

We'll know more about the actual and accurate time frame and at that point it will be alot more clear of what was or wasn't done prepping immediately preceding the 12:30 arrival of the boys for their scheduled visitation... No MATTER when it was done IT WAS PURE, AND UNADULTERATED EVIL!!

Something to consider... I've had an email function where you can send your email in the future. I used this to send birthday greetings. I don't think the email I have now does that though. Are there still emails that can do that, I wonder?

I'm trying to understand how he had time to do all these steps.

Another thing he could have done was written the emails in drafts way ahead of time, and then quickly sent them.

But we all saw it. And I actually do think the judge saw it as well. I was surprised to hear she ordered a psycho sexual eval. That is very rare because it is very intrusive. I just think she was somewhat prevented from doing more because of policies of the law that concentrate more on the rights of suspects and defendants than they do on the rights of their victims or their children. That needs to change. There are other cases like this around.

Oh yeah. You can really tell that when you listen. We discussed that quite a bit. The songs are so creepy and weird and odd. Ick.

Man, me too. It's almost a physical shock.

I'm sick of bureaucracy being unable to think outside the box or to use logic instead of protocols and policies. This was not a hard one to predict. Suspect in a murder case with every clue pointing to him, seriously, generationally dysfunctional family with a history of hatred of women, viewing children as toys, pawns, or possessions and attempts at parental alienation, and a cornered monster losing more and more control of his possessions, to the family of the woman he hated. No way should he have had visits outside a secure facility.

Your last paragraph is spot on, Gitana. And you would know since you see it all the time!

C'mon! The excuses are getting old! If a thousand "bloggers" knew that something terrible was going to happen, why didn't the system that is in control of the protection know? I'm not buying what they are selling. :snooty: I want to see change!

Originally Posted by gitana1

But we all saw it. And I actually do think the judge saw it as well. I was surprised to hear she ordered a psycho sexual eval. That is very rare because it is very intrusive. I just think she was somewhat prevented from doing more because of policies of the law that concentrate more on the rights of suspects and defendants than they do on the rights of their victims or their children. That needs to change. There are other cases like this around..

And..

We do see it and there are others that are likely TO end the exact same.. Case in point... Michelle Loree Parker.. She is gone. Most likely murdered and the ONE AND ONLY POI, AND PRIME SUSPECT IS THE FATHER OF THE HER TWINS... WHO PRESENTLY HAS SOLE CUSTODY OF THEIR 3YR OLD TWINS!!!

IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN UNLESS IMMEDIATELY INTERVENED UPON!!. It's beyond sick to have to watch it unfold.. Nothing done to stop it and protect the innocents.. The suspects rights are all that matters!! its appalling!!!!!

I pretty much think the gas was poured around before they got there, hence the smell. He had it down to a science. Kids in, wack with axe, light fire.

I hate to type this, but he could have corraled them in the room and hit them, then lit the fire. That would only take a couple of minutes. JMO and I reiterate, I really hated typing this.

ETA: There are some e-mails (I have this at work) where you can set the time for them to send JMO

Another scenario I hate typing: He lit the fire and they ran to him for protection, and he then hit them with the axe.

Fox 13's website won't even work for me...

I was going to try and check all the news websites... as we have a sudden crime spree in our area... they all work, except Fox.
I wonder if it's because of the boys? Or if it's just me...

http://www.fox13now.com/

I read this site everyday, but never comment. I just couldn't keep my thoughts to myself tonight.

What is this world coming to? If he wanted to leave this life, go ahead and do it*. Just leave the children alone. I am so sick of people having to take away whole families, simply for their own twisted, evil, greedy reasons.

I don't care if his upbringing was twisted, strange, sad, whatever. I don't care if he was desperate and the noose from LE was tightening. There is NO reason to do what he did!

It seems strange because I did not know these people, but I just can't get over this. Just when I think I've read the worst part of it all, something else is revealed.

It scares me to death, because I myself am in a child custody battle with an ex. There are NO parallels to me and my situation and this case, but you never can know. This case, the Ayla Reynolds case, the Sky Metalwala case, and so many others always creep into my thoughts when it comes time for the other parties visitation time.

Sorry to rant, just fed up with the evilness that consumes some people.

*I am in no way endorsing suicide, either, my point is if you want to end your life, just don't take the kids, spouse, relatives, innocents, etc. with you.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Gasoline-found-all-over-the-house-of-Josh-Powell-138812474.html

According to the comments at the bottom of the article
KIRO is reporting he used the kesagiri chop or a double axe handle move, (it's a wrestling move) only he used the hatchet as he did it.

Look that up I just watched a video showing that, trust me I don't think they knew anything after that and that is exactly what I suspect happened to Susan.

He was pure unadulterated EVIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member