Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why???? Was it just for spite? Why did he have to take teh babies????

I seriously scared the crap out of my husband. I could not speak. I am in still such shock and such anger that I am still up and reading, posting when I should be in bed. But, for the grace of God, there go I is all I can say. Josh is/was a creep and I just don't know why Susan didn't get to see that before she married him. Tragic.
My mind went back to the day I spent watching and following the custody hearing and posting here. I remember seeing the way he looked serving as his own counsel and posting on the hearing thread that he looked like he was on the edge. I was so relieved that the Cox's were granted temp custody because of the wild, desperate look in his eyes, I was so afraid he would do something had he retained custody. Just damn him!

I am going to have to take myself off here for a while but the NATION is aware of this. Perhaps something can be done to prevent this from ever happening again.

I want accountability and prevention. Where did the ball get dropped? How can it be fixed?

Thank you guys. We truly are a family here. This has been heartbreaking but it would have been even more so without you guys and I think I speak for many of us here.

I wish the media would quit talking about the custody battle like the Cox's had anything to do with the ugliness of it. They were fighting for the lives of their grandchildren.

JP was fighting to maintain control. :furious:

Off topic, but I don't think there's a constitutional right to one's children.

As an attorney who has studied constitutional law (which all lawyers study), I can guarantee you, parental rights are constitutionally protected rights. This has been determined by various supreme court decisions which have interpreted the constitution. It is why it is difficult to sever parental rights.

I just wish children's rights were more important than their parents.

Ginita, maybe you can answer. If the boys continued to talk about mommy being in the trunk, could they hace taken away his visitation?

I am so terribly sad and angry, I could never articulate everything I have felt today. I think the circles around his eyes and the evil coming from him will never be forgotten.

I don't know. So many variables come into play in such decisions.

I've been coming to Susan's threads and then her forum nearly every day since she went missing, hoping to see her returned to her family and hoping to see Josh on the receiving end of justice.

Now this.

I can't repeat what we've been calling that loser in this house tonight. He was a coward. My heart goes out to the Cox family and all who loved Susan and her boys.

I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but I was so invested in this case and so hopeful that the boys would stay with Susan's family - like so many of us, I'm just so angry and shaken and sad.

Oh my God.

I pushed my chair away from the desk...saying No, No, NOOOOOO the whole time. My husband was saying what what what....the same instance...and I could not speak...I was trying to explain but the reality was setting in at the same tme. And I couldn't. I want to vomit. It would spew the hate I feel for Josh and his father out. I can't believe he did this. I can't believe the horror the Coxes have had to live only to experience this now.

This is a play by play of what happened in our living room this evening when I logged on after the game. I could hardly get the words out of my mouth to explain to my old man after I yelled OMG when I saw the story. Then when the news came on and he saw that 's face he remembered I had been following this case for years. Still nauseated...angry.

Wow, you guys, let me tell you that I am rarely shocked. In fact, I rarely cry about these cases. I have been too desensitized by following them for so many years and also by my job which can be pretty intense. But today, I had the same reaction as most of you.

I was checking to see the final superbowl scores. I just felt horror, same thing as you guys, "Oh no, oh no, oh no. Oh my God! Oh my God. He did it. That *advertiser censored* did it!" And then I couldn't stop the tears. I started to yell about how we predicted this and why he had the kids. It is not a surprise, yet I feel such shock and such despair for the Coxes who were allowed to suffer so much by, in part, an indifferent system. Remember that some judge actually issued a restraining order against them? Grieving parents who just wanted to see their grandbabies?

I'll tell ya', this is one none of us will ever get over.

Yes, the risk increases with these type of volatile court cases. I would like to see some changes within the U.S. family court system to protect the innocent from murderous pathologicals. No child "needs" or "deserves" to be placed with a pathological parent for visitation. The emotional damage children suffer through the erronous perceptions of those whom are suppose to be seeking "what is in the best interest of the child" is beyond unreasonable. Shame on the incompetent court system (Note: I am not blaming the case worker.) Shalom, Sharai

Dear Lord. This poor poor person. (assume it's a woman, but not 100% sure)

Please pray for this person as well. What a terrible thing to experience,

ITA, SailorMoon. My heart goes out to this person. :(

I just read the first two posts of the evening and sit here bawling. Something had been bothering me all day, nothing has tasted right and I'd been antsy as all get out. Then this. I just can't believe he took those precious boys with him. I knew Josh was a very, very, troubled being, but I truly didn't think he would take the boys with him. Much to be said for his papa, but I won't go there..now. Braden and Charlie.....God has his arms around you and wanted to show you pure love. I'm so, so sorry.

I seriously just woke up and need to get ready for work.

Please, how long ago did this happen?

I posted here in Chuck & Judy Custody thread at 2:07 AZ time that I read a tweet (maybe 10 minutes after posted) with a simple media stay tuned and another tweet saying a rescue was happening and head towards the powell (no caps per the det) residence, so LE was watching him to just post head towards the powell's I would think. So about 1:07 your time but read it was reported at 12:45 today probably per dispatch call. The lawyer rec'd the email at 12:10? or so and also read it was sent 10 minutes before Josh blew up the house. The lawyer read it after he was told about today's evil incident, about 2 hours later. I'm sure the time will be tightened up by tomorrow.

Here to report that at this house we are still so pissed we haven't shed a tear.

Things are getting cleaner around here, but the cat and dog have retreated to their "best to just curl up here and hide" corners.

OMG ... I just heard the news about Susan's boys !

My deepest sympathies to Mr. and Mrs. Chuck Cox ...

:rose::rose: May Susan and her two boys Rest in Peace :rose::rose:

:rose::rose::rose::rose:

Interesting choice of a murder weapon, fire. Now he can enjoy its finer qualities for all of eternity.......he deserves nothing less. He was a selfish pathologcial monster. May he never rest in peace. Shalom, Sharai

As an attorney who has studied constitutional law (which all lawyers study), I can guarantee you, parental rights are constitutionally protected rights. This has been determined by various supreme court decisions which have interpreted the constitution. It is why it is difficult to sever parental rights.

I just wish children's rights were more important than their parents.

I don't know. So many variables come into play in such decisions.

Wow, you guys, let me tell you that I am rarely shocked. In fact, I rarely cry about these cases. I have been too desensitized by following them for so many years and also by my job which can be pretty intense. But today, I had the same reaction as most of you.

I was checking to see the final superbowl scores. I just felt horror, same thing as you guys, "Oh no, oh no, oh no. Oh my God! Oh my God. He did it. That *advertiser censored* did it!" And then I couldn't stop the tears. I started to yell about how we predicted this and why he had the kids. It is not a surprise, yet I feel such shock and such despair for the Coxes who were allowed to suffer so much by, in part, an indifferent system. Remember that some judge actually issued a restraining order against them? Grieving parents who just wanted to see their grandbabies?

I'll tell ya', this is one none of us will ever get over.
Our voices need to get louder. THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!

He seemed to be quite the piro. Ugh! I am so damn sad/mad/angry/heartbroken. If we as the public feel this way, imagine how her family feels. It has to be so so much worse :(

I'm so shocked and saddened. Never expected this to happen...it only add's more tragedy and sorrow about the loss of Susan and now also her children.

Frightening to think now of what just happened and trying to digest it all.

I'll be keeping her family in my prayers, and hoping they will get through this very difficult and tragic news.

I did not know that (obviously). Thank you for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria