Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed to be quite the piro. Ugh! I am so damn sad/mad/angry/heartbroken. If we as the public feel this way, imagine how her family feels. It has to be so so much worse :(

Oh that's right! Weren't there suspicions about some charred items in the hills that were investigated?

It disturbs me to think he may have spent time reading here.

Oh that's right! Weren't there suspicions about some charred items in the hills that were investigated?

I didn't really want to say it out loud, but ... one of the first things that crossed my mind was that this choice of his - a massive fire - to burn his family in - may have been part of his confession.

His arrogant, calculated confession.

The evening news should be coming on soon. I wonder if there are any updates.

Thinking back on the "camping trip" with the boys, makes me wonder if Josh was being sarcastic when he said they were "making s'mores". Could it be he burned Susan's body that night??

I seriously scared the crap out of my husband. I could not speak. I am in still such shock and such anger that I am still up and reading, posting when I should be in bed. But, for the grace of God, there go I is all I can say. Josh is/was a creep and I just don't know why Susan didn't get to see that before she married him. Tragic.

But, for the grace of God, there go I is all I have been thinking since this happened.Psychopaths are usually very good at fooling people ,he fooled Susan and IMO he fooled CPS worker as well.In NJ CPS worker decides where visits take place home or secured office.

Whoa. And there it is.

But let me add. Even those who do not believe in an after life can agree that those who are evil, who have done nothing but wrong in their life, fear non-existence the most.

It all goes back to the constitution. Rights to one's children are constitutional rights. The right to be deemed innocent until proven guilty.

I respect that. I respect the constitution. But what about the children's rights? What about the victim's rights?

Most of us on here knew this case back to front. Thus, we knew what that creep was capable of and how sick and and dysfunctional his family was. I think that in cases so extreme as this, when there is a suspected murder, the least the court system and social services can do is be as educated as us. Do their homework and then protect the true innocent's rights before the suspect's are protected.

I have argued for years that children should never be placed or left in the custody of serious murder suspects. Let me add to that: The system needs to employ some people with a passion for justice, and for victims and their families, to have input in these cases and educate the system about the possible risks posed by suspects.

This is a horrible, evil thing that happened. Yes, perhaps he would have found a way, somehow, but the job of the system should have been to reduce all foreseeable risks. This was foreseeable, IMO. Anyone investigating this sick, sick family would know that the need for control, vengeance and cruelty were hallmarks of that monster. And they should have issued orders accordingly.
I agree. Shalom, Sharai

http://www.fox13now.com/live/

Here's the link but nothing is on the internet. They might be airing it and then we have to watch the tape later. That happens a lot so people watch their local advertisers.

I have a question ... I have not followed this as closely as many of you have, and I see I have a lot of reading to catch up from today.

Were there ANY signs that Josh would do something like this ?

I remember when the custody hearing was held -- it should have been obvious to the Judge that Josh was NOT in his RIGHT MIND ! Josh murdered his wife -- and the Judge allows Susan's little boys visitation with the man who killed their Mother ? And on top of that, his "daddy dearest" was in the slammer and wasn't there to "cover up" for him any more ...

What is WRONG with our system ? It needs some serious fixing !!

I am sorry for the rant ... I have tears in my eyes for those two little boys, Mr. and Mrs. Cox, and Susan.

:(:(:(

Didn't they take wood and test it??

I mean really, how can anyone believe and trust a guy who says the took his 2 sons camping, in the middle of the night in freezing weather. That was clue number one. They should have tailed him from the get go. I think Susan would have been found and we wouldn't be sitting here today. In my perfect world anyway.

Still want to know how he rented a house with no income, no references, etc. It's been a real you know what when I have to do. How did he manage??

This case has rocked me to my core..The absolute evilness of JP (I can't even write his name!) is beyond my comprehension. His personality of being such a Selfish Control Freak fills me with such dismay. I feel that he has been planning this as the ultimate way to have complete control of his children and to endlessly hurt Susan's parents. I really do not believe that Mr. and Mrs. Cox will ever know the truth of what he did to and with poor Susan. IMO...JP took that information straight to He77 with him! Likewise, he killed himself and those babies, knowing that he will continue to control their grief with the loss of not only Susan, but Charlie and Braden as well. My prayers go out to them and the other family members that this monster has distroyed.

I have stated before that I serve as a Guardian Ad Litem. The actions of many people and the effect they have on their children's lives never ceases to amaze me. Thankfully none of my cases have ended so tragically. My prayers also go out to the poor lady that was delivering the children. She was only doing her job to the best of her ability. I am hoping that she gets some counseling in dealing with being the last person to see those precious boys alive! Bless her heart!

I believe that Susan, Charlie and Braden are together in heaven. I can only hope that they can run and play with Caylee, Zahra Baker, Somer Thompson, Celina Cass, Skyla Whitaker, Taylor Placker, Sandra Cantu..and the list goes on and on.

Dear God Please Bless the Families and Friends of All The People Whose Lives Have Tragically Ended!

I have a question ... I have not followed this as closely as many of you have, and I see I have a lot of reading to catch up from today.

Were there ANY signs that Josh would do something like this ?

I remember when the custody hearing was held -- it should have been obvious to the Judge that Josh was NOT in his RIGHT MIND ! Josh murdered his wife -- and the Judge allows Susan's little boys visitation with the man who killed their Mother ? And on top of that, his "daddy dearest" was in the slammer and wasn't there to "cover up" for him any more ...

What is WRONG with our system ? It needs some serious fixing !!

I am sorry for the rant ... I have tears in my eyes for those two little boys, Mr. and Mrs. Cox, and Susan.

:(:(:(

When I saw pictures of him at the custody hearing, I thought he looked like hell and seemed like a desperate man. I can't believe no one who was in that courtroom was concerned.

Didn't they take wood and test it??

I mean really, how can anyone believe and trust a guy who says the took his 2 sons camping, in the middle of the night in freezing weather. That was clue number one. They should have tailed him from the get go. I think Susan would have been found and we wouldn't be sitting here today. In my perfect world anyway.

Still want to know how he rented a house with no income, no references, etc. It's been a real you know what when I have to do. How did he manage??

I was wondering how he rented that house too! He probably did it to show he wasn't living with his dad anymore. But he didn't have a job, did he? Did other members of his family pay for it?

Sorry but this just takes the cake! SP is going to get far far more protection and care from the state than those two little children got. Beyond words how ironic and sick that is.
Yes, he SP will recieve the kind of protection the court system did not give to those innocent little boys. It is so messed up. They system strives for fairness yet falls short of justice. Pathological individuals manipulate the system for their own pleasure and innocent individuals end up dead. It doesn't make sense. The pendelum has swung too far with the protecting the perpetrators. Something has got to change. Shalom, Sharai

When I saw pictures of him at the custody hearing, I thought he looked like hell and seemed like a desperate man. I can't believe no one who was in that courtroom was concerned.

I was wondering how he rented that house too! He probably did it to show he wasn't living with his dad anymore. But he didn't have a job, did he? Did other members of his family pay for it?

Kimster - You're right. You've made me wonder if anyone in that courtroom (other than the attorney) knew what JP used to look and act like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teaticket5217