Joshua Powell rents home to neighbors

Don't Susan's parents and Josh's father live in the same town? I thought Susan and Josh lived in the same town growing up and that is how they met.

If they don't live in the same town why can't Susan's parents stay in a motel for a couple nights so they can see the boys? Motels are a lot cheaper in the winter so it probably wouldn't cost them much. I have an idea that it may be because Susan's parents believe that Josh did something to Susan and they don't want to see him or maybe he won't let them come and see the boys.

Yes, both sets of parents live in Puyallup, Washington.

Not sure about the growing up part, but JP and SP met in the singles ward of their church in that town.

Don't Susan's parents and Josh's father live in the same town? I thought Susan and Josh lived in the same town growing up and that is how they met.

If they don't live in the same town why can't Susan's parents stay in a motel for a couple nights so they can see the boys? Motels are a lot cheaper in the winter so it probably wouldn't cost them much. I have an idea that it may be because Susan's parents believe that Josh did something to Susan and they don't want to see him or maybe he won't let them come and see the boys.

As RayO mentioned, the parents of JP and SP are in Puyallup. I believe it is more of a matter that they don't want JP watching over as they visit with the children and they are not comfortable in the Powell residence.

Prior to the disappearance of Susan Powell, Chuck Cox, Susan's father, would visit Susan and her children in West Valley City, Utah several times a year when he was in the area on business. So, there was a relationship between Mr. Cox and the boys.

Shortly after Susan disappeared on December 7, 2009, Josh Powell left West Valley City, Utah to go stay with his father, Steve Powell, who lives in a gated community in Puyallup, Washington, the same town Susan's parents live and where both Susan Powell and Josh Powell were raised, met and married.

During the Christmas holiday, Josh Powell allowed Susan's parents to have the boys on Christmas Eve and Christmas day for several hours in their home unsupervised.

Charlie, the oldest child of Josh and Susan Powell, celebrated his fifth birthday several weeks later. When Mr. Cox, Susan's father, telephoned and spoke to either Josh of Josh's father, Steve Powell, on the phone to request that Charlie and Braden be allowed to come to the Cox home for a birthday party, he was told that the boys could not come to the Cox's home but that the Cox's could go to Steve Powell's home to attend a birthday party for Charlie.

Several hours prior to Charlie's birthday party starting at the home of Steve Powell, a fellow church member had a heart attack in the presence of Chuck Cox who elected to go to the hospital with his friend rather than attend Charlie's birthday party.

Since that date, Josh Powell has refused to allow Susan's parents to see Charlie and Braden unsupervised in their home. Mr. Cox reports that many of his phone calls to Josh have been intercepted by Josh's father who has indicated Josh is not available and that these phone calls have not been returned by Josh.

During the most recent Cox family press conference, Susan's mother stated she would like to show the boys pictures of Susan when and if they are allowed to visit in the Cox home. Because of this statement, I doubt Charlie and Braden will ever be allowed to see their grandchildren unsupervised unless a court order is put into effect that stipulates they are to have unsupervised visitations.

-snipped-
During the Christmas holiday, Josh Powell allowed Susan's parents to have the boys on Christmas Eve and Christmas day for several hours in their home unsupervised.

The Cox's had to have asked questions..just had to have

-snipped-

The Cox's had to have asked questions..just had to have

They have stated they didn't ask them any questions ........ This is what Mr. Cox told Dr. Phil. I would have GRILLED those boys and recorded it on a tape recorder!

I don't believe the Mr. & Mrs. Cox asked them anything. They would not want to jeopardize their being able to see the kids again. I guess that was before Big Daddy Powell took over. I believe the Coxes just want to be able to be in the kids lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back