Judge Belvin Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is Judge Perry the same judge who was presiding over the grand jury hearing?

I remember watching the reruns in the early '70s

wasn't most of perry mason in black & white and ironside color???? that might place when and possible era of filiming...actually ironside has been on one of our cable stations as of late.....whole bunch of the really old shows...adam 12 along with others....keep meaning to show my kids since they are amazed at some of the shows we watched vs what is out there currently....

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is Judge Perry the same judge who was presiding over the grand jury hearing?

yes....

but I have another queston along that line--what makes him "chef" justice?

Don't know if this has already been shared, forgive me if it has...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYSUlmxldc&feature=related[/ame]

Yes, you are correct. Somewhere in the recent threads is a clip of a bit of it.

Yes, I can understand why you would feel that way, but my understanding is judges must remain impartial and follow "the letter of the law" without letting their own bias's come into play.
And I think the natural instinct/learned ability belief system still has many on both sides of the equation. Clearly this wasn't true in Casey's case.

I was one of the lucky ones, this instinct wasn't something I had to "learn" with my children.

Yes, in a perfect world that is how it's supposed to be LOL. I'm not saying it's not but I'm not saying it is either!

So I can prepare myself -

Did you feel like throwing up afterwards? :sick:

Like you, I will check it out from the library, but refuse to contribute one cent.

Actually I didn't..I was shocked. I shook my head a lot, but I could, in a weird twisted way, follow her thoughts. I didn't and don't agree with her way of thinking, but it helped me understand her game. She uses past cases but then has some disclaimer about the events may not have happened like that...which was ODD in and of itself.:waitasec:

:laugh:
That was my joke on the last thread that got closed! In Casey's mind, Judge Perry + Cheney Mason= her Perry Mason moment!

I was thinking of when Baez made the quip about Perry Mason/ Cheney Mason and was not quoting you.

I was thinking of when Baez made the quip about Perry Mason/ Cheney Mason and was not quoting you.

LOL SallyLu - some of us decided that was way too clever for Baez to have thought of on his own, and also decided Baez was quoting something Mason prolly said to him when he approached him about this case.

I think Baez just flipped it to make himself sound good. After all - what was it he said - who are you going to believe - me or your own eyes?

Motion to take back the motion?

Judge

Please except our motion to take back the motion
If you do not withdraw the previous one the defence will have no choice
but to cause a commotion.
The defence made its previous motion in haste
calling our judge bias was such a huge waste!
now the court gave us a judge who doesnt mess
we dont have time to work hard but less
sweat and tears predicted to flow
oh if we only knew then what we now know
Strickland may rock back and fro
but Perry rolls....ready....set.....go!

:woohoo:

I'm having a little emotional shoot-out with myself, and I was hoping somebody with beautiful writing skills and self-expression might be able to put it into words for me. While I greatly admire and esteem Judge Stan Strickland, and am still in shock over this whole ordeal, I find myself anxious at the arrival of Judge Perry, anxious in a good way.

I am reading comments about his no-nonsense approach, his record, how strong but fair but tough he can be, etc., and now with the new news of NeJame possibly filing a motion to get Judge Perry to get the defense moving, I am hoping that nobody (least of all Judge Strickland) views these kinds of comments as casting disparages at JS. I am almost getting the feeling that people are happy that JS is out and JP is in, but I really don't think that's how we all feel. Can someone help me put that into perspective? I feel sad for JS, sad for Caylee at the loss of JS, but I feel encouraged by JP and yet I don't want that encouragement to be mistaken for relief that JS is no longer sitting. I am so not explaining this correctly, am I.

The only one to blame for JS's removal is the defense. We all loved the judge. It is possible JS would have wanted a lighter sentence if KC was found guilty because of the sentencing in the fraud trial. Now KC has a no-nonsense judge. JP will want them to keep their schedules and have all their ducks in a row....moving forward, no delays. KC, as in all her relationships with people....blew it, big time. jmo

I'm having a little emotional shoot-out with myself, and I was hoping somebody with beautiful writing skills and self-expression might be able to put it into words for me. While I greatly admire and esteem Judge Stan Strickland, and am still in shock over this whole ordeal, I find myself anxious at the arrival of Judge Perry, anxious in a good way.

I am reading comments about his no-nonsense approach, his record, how strong but fair but tough he can be, etc., and now with the new news of NeJame possibly filing a motion to get Judge Perry to get the defense moving, I am hoping that nobody (least of all Judge Strickland) views these kinds of comments as casting disparages at JS. I am almost getting the feeling that people are happy that JS is out and JP is in, but I really don't think that's how we all feel. Can someone help me put that into perspective? I feel sad for JS, sad for Caylee at the loss of JS, but I feel encouraged by JP and yet I don't want that encouragement to be mistaken for relief that JS is no longer sitting. I am so not explaining this correctly, am I.

No, you say it well because that is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm still bummed over JS being gone, but the thought of a new judge that will keep kicking the defense in the pants the whole way makes me feel better about the outcome of this case. Don't get me wrong, JS did a superb job, but I think even he's glad to be rid of this nightmare. That's what it's become, a long, strange, neverending nightmare.

But now with Judge Perry at the bow, it's going to get tighter, things will have to be done faster, and I now see a light at the end of the tunnel for Justice for Caylee. We still would have gotten that justice with JS, it just might have taken FOREVER to get there.

I'm still mad that the defense, once again, is doing whatever they want to do and getting results, the latest being getting JS off the case, but I'm glad that Judge Perry realized what a circus this is and that only he could get it back under control, not some new or inexperienced judge that would get in way over their heads quicker than Baez can file another motion.

I'm sad JS is gone, mad that the defense thought they could taint even him, but happy that BP is going to whip them into shape and make them sorry for every stupid motion they've ever filed. Karma really is a b****, ain't it "boys"?

IMO you expressed yourself very beautifully. There isn't anyway that I could word that better. I personally am not happy regarding the loss of Strickland off the case. If they had to make a change, Perry is an excellent choice. Strickland did a wonderful job. The defence took advantage of Judge S. court room style. I too will miss him, if ever I need to stand in front of a judge I would hope it would be someone like Judge S. Someone that I feel would see me as person not just as a case number. Judge S. is a man that rules with grace and patience and the defence took for granted the laituide they were given. No the time has come to take the court room back, demand the defence to show respect to all parties.

Please forgive my spelling errors in advance.

Thanks for the video...very interesting. Perry handed down his first death sentence to a woman in 1992. He witnessed her death via the electric chair. Ashton was the prosecutor.

Perry was the prosecutor that got a death sentence for the woman, Judy Buenoano in 1985. As a judge, he handed down his first death sentence in 1992 to Dusty Ray Spencer.

Gnatcher, you stated it beautifully!

Everything happens for a reason, IMO..seems the defense may have shot themselves in the foot but it's all for a good cause, justice for Caylee Marie.

JS was very fair, very lenient, I liked his style but he allowed the defense to say and do things that I'm betting Judge Perry will not. I don't think we'll hear how every day the defense sees the innocence in their client. BS..Baez did this in front of the cameras to taint his jury pool.

I am hoping the defense and Inmate Anthony are shaking in their boots. See the error in judgement but I felt like the defense was using JS knowing he's lenient in sentencing..maybe they thought they'd get the next judge in rotation, could be CM has a judge or two in his pocket, IMO but Judge Perry will put the defense team on the straight and narrow, following the letter of the law. I can't wait for Friday to see how the inmate responds to His Honor Perry..they were all too smug for my liking and I think this will be a crash course for the entire team. Judge Perry being the Chief Justice, the one who hands down cases usually takes on the problematic ones and Inmate Anthony's is just that, problematic. He will set this trial, keep it moving, he will not be giving any more delays or extensions, seems to be a stickler for competency...Watch out Baez, there's a new judge in town....:woohoo:

I do feel this defense team needs a rude awakening and this will be it! Judge Stan Strickland has never handed down a DP sentence. Judge Perry, Jr. has no problem with it as long as the crime fits the time...JMHO

God Bless Judge Perry, Jr..he will ensure Caylee Marie's justice!

Justice for Caylee

Perry was the prosecutor that got a death sentence for the woman, Judy Buenoano in 1985. As a judge, he handed down his first death sentence in 1992 to Dusty Ray Spencer.

Thanks for the correction. I removed my post to avoid any possible confusion.

It's interesting that Perry witnessed her execution in the electric chair 13 years later.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYSUlmxldc&feature=related[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member