Judge issues restraining order to not let BC sell assets

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRAL :

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4001804/

Alice Stubbs, who represents Nancy Cooper’s family, which has temporary custody, said Cooper waited until an unfavorable result was rendered to file the motion.

“I’m sure if the court had awarded custody to Mr. Cooper, we would not be here,” she said.

Sasser ruled that the order be released, saying nothing in it could not be addressed properly by a Superior Court judge in the criminal case.

What could possibly be so explosive in a custody/support order that would harm the defendant in a murder trial? I don't understand.

Obviously the judge thinks the kids are better off in Canada; and he's behind bars so I'm sure the judge thinks he's involved in his wife's murder as well. WHAT is the big deal with the judge's custody decision/ruling?

I wonder about how K&B will try to recoup from BC - how is this going to work? Shouldn't the children come first?

Thanks RC for the updates! :) oops...And Dogwood! In a rush. See you all later.

I wonder about how K&B will try to recoup from BC - how is this going to work? Shouldn't the children come first?

Apparently more to be decided on Monday:

On Monday, Sasser will hear arguments to determine who is entitled to what from Nancy Cooper's estate and if Brad Cooper should pay child support while he is in jail awaiting trial.

I want to know which friends/comrades/supporters of his are going to step up and contribute to his defense fund? You know, that's the true test of support. Talk is cheap. Are his supporters real or mere poseurs? :chicken:

Apparently more to be decided on Monday:

On Monday, Sasser will hear arguments to determine who is entitled to what from Nancy Cooper's estate and if Brad Cooper should pay child support while he is in jail awaiting trial.

Thanks, Bubba. I havwe been worrying about this issue. Thanks for your quick alerts ande keeping us up to date.

Over and out, and back later to check on the details of the custody.

I want to know which friends/comrades/supporters of his are going to step up and contribute to his defense fund? You know, that's the true test of support. Talk is cheap. Are his supporters real or mere poseurs? :chicken:

I think the fine citizens of North Carolina have been assigned to foot the bill for the jailed one's defense at $95.00 per hour. You all should be :mad:

Gee, looks like the judge doesn't believe all of Brad's statements are the truth either! ;)

JMHO
fran

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1303930.html

In it, Sasser concludes that Bradley Cooper "engaged in a controlling behavior toward Nancy Cooper, limiting her access to funds and taking her off all credit cards and banking accounts."

She also determined that statements Bradley Cooper has made about the family's finances and about his cleaning patterns weeks earlier were inconsistent and not credible.

Sasser also concluded that Bradley Cooper was in a tough situation, and the stress was mounting in the home.

"Brad Cooper does not seem to appreciate the potential negative effects on the children of having to live in a household filled with stress and the disruptions caused by a contentious custody battle and an ongoing criminal investigation," Sasser said in her order.

Gee, looks like the judge doesn't believe all of Brad's statements are the truth either! ;)

JMHO
fran

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1303930.html

In it, Sasser concludes that Bradley Cooper "engaged in a controlling behavior toward Nancy Cooper, limiting her access to funds and taking her off all credit cards and banking accounts."

She also determined that statements Bradley Cooper has made about the family's finances and about his cleaning patterns weeks earlier were inconsistent and not credible.

Sasser also concluded that Bradley Cooper was in a tough situation, and the stress was mounting in the home.

"Brad Cooper does not seem to appreciate the potential negative effects on the children of having to live in a household filled with stress and the disruptions caused by a contentious custody battle and an ongoing criminal investigation," Sasser said in her order.

She didn't buy the story about all that cleaning aye ? Can't say I disagree.

Well duh! What was so explosive about that? Seriously, is anyone surprised?

what, come on? You can't see Brad wearing an apron, piloting the beast (vacuum) and helping find the "woobie" - a la Micheal Keaton in Mr. Mom?????

Remember - Nancy called him "SuperDad"......

what, come on? You can't see Brad wearing an apron, piloting the beast (vacuum) and helping find the "woobie" - a la Micheal Keaton in Mr. Mom?????

Remember - Nancy called him "SuperDad"......

LOL - not really since the ant infestation of 6 July was found on the dishes that the children and Nancy had used before their departure on the 28th of June. Nope - can't picture Superdad taking on those tasks at all. :crazy:

So Sasser found:

- the witness who said she saw NC running NOT credible, given the totality of the information.

- Brad's claim about cleaning, NOT credible

- Brad doesn't understand/appreciate the level of stress that would have been on his children living in that household (which of course is moot now since he's in jail).

- Brad was going to allow the children to TALK TO THE MEDIA until he was convinced by HP not to.

- Brad's claim of garage cleaning/car cleaning/house cleaning was NOT credible and was in conflict with testimony of others

- KL was not totally complying with the orders as laid out in the prior temp custody agreement.

- Brad's psychologist (Dr. Ghould) was given 5 questions by the DEFENDANT to use to create his test, and was also given documents, emails and financial records that had nothing to do with a psychological evaluation and had only to do with the legal matter...which may have caused some prejudice.

- Plaintiffs were not allowed to talk to/given access to Dr. Ghould as part of this evaluation.

But again, nothing that I consider explosive at all...all this posturing to have the custody order sealed.. pfffttt. I don't think it adds to any prejudice--people tend to not change their opinion once they've latched onto it. Evidence during the trial is what will alter opinions (or not).

Interesting read on the custody order.

Things that stuck out:
Judge Sasser was concerned that Brad never focused on discussing how he would provide a proper environment for the children. Like we've all said - THAT would have been appropriate in the custody case. (Exactly as we have said - he never had a custody attorney, only criminal atty's masquerading as custody atty's.)

In all his 4 prior affidavits - he never refuted killing his wife. Interesting.

Mental eval seemed to be rush rush and interesting that the Dr, was given things that had the potential to influence his thinking - i.e phone records, bank records, etc. and that he was barred from speaking to the plaintiffs. And that the defendent formulated the questions to be asked - VERY bizarre. I can see how the judge would have wanted to order an "impartial" professional.

And lastly - I am STILL hung up on the fact that he said he was going to go out and look for Carrie instead of saying he was going to look for Nancy. I think this is one of those unconscious slips of the tongue akin to speaking of the person in the past tense before a body is found.

Nothing really earth shattering, though - so can see why judge wouldn't seal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes