***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by beach, Dec 9, 2019.

1. msboo

msboo Well-Known Member

Yep, I saw him too.

2. msboo

msboo Well-Known Member

Yep, I saw him too. Dateline’s Dennis Murphy.

Wo, I may have responded to the wrong comment but I’m sure it was yours.

3. msboo

msboo Well-Known Member

The Sievers girls lost their mom and will now loose their sperm donor biological father. YES, I’m blunt when it comes to those with an agenda.
    While this is a most horrible dilemma for these young girls, including TS’s family now lovingly rearing them, the DP is the best outcome for all (MO). Mark is toxic, nothing new. The less the girls are exposed to his toxic behavior the better. This also goes for TS’s family, they don’t need that insulting presence however it may present itself. They’re far away so I assume communication will be via mail or by phone on occasion (?)—I’m not privy as to how that works on DR but my hope would be there’s no contact period. The girls will come to understand this all as they get older, then left to their individual feelings/outlook on what took place, and in the end it’s ripple effect on them and their family. That said, each could end up with differing views or not. I hope & pray for the best outcome from this damaging situation. While I do feel some sympathy towards Mark’s family loosing him, his mom and others allowed themselves to be manipulated by him for his own benefit.
    MS created this ‘most horrible dilemma’ AND did so All for himself... his wants, his needs, his image to society as he only sees himself. All that his life may entail is all about him, all for him, all the time Mark-Mark-Mark-Mark no matter what.
    Thankful for legal justice.
    Prayers for the families as they navigate life after this.

Brooke, MsJosie, Estelle and 4 others like this.
  4. Arachne 1

Arachne 1 Well-Known Member

No Regard for the Family Pets, Either

If the girls ever have any questions in regards to their "father's" innocence, I hope they get a hold of this article.....

UPDATE: Deputies, animal services called to Sievers home

An "innocent" father would not have a need to HIDE (at his mama's house?). An "innocent" father would not worry about a camera in his face interfering with his feeding and sustaining the traumatized and helpless members of his family--Lucy, Nana, and Zoe--pets that were cherished by Teresa and the girls, especially the old and ailing ones in need of EXTRA care!

MS only cares about himself. He has no conscience. He has no soul. There is no love for anything or anybody but himself. To believe otherwise would be a fatal mistake.

May God continue to Bless and Protect all the victims of MS's crimes.

Brooke, Estelle, Poptart3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Since I didn't "hear" from @beach - I'll go ahead & post this here.

Wednesday, February 5th:
    *Motion Hearing (re new trial) (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – for *Mark D. Sievers (48/now 51) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
    Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection, opening statements started on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men, with 2 alternates (1 is a man). Trial ended on 12/4/19 with closing arguments & jury started deliberations. Deliberations took about 4 hours 10 minutes – GUILTY of 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. 12/10/19: Jury took less than 3 hours to reach a verdict in the penalty phase – recommended & given death penalty sentence.
    1/13/20 Update: Sievers filed a motion for new trial saying the verdict is contrary to the weight of the evidence & that his accomplice Curtis Wright lied. Prejudice with respect to juror misconduct & Prejudice with respect to newly discovered evidence.
    1/16/20 Update: State files motion to deny defense’s motion for new trial. Motion for new trial hearing set for 2/5/20.

*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Motion for new trial-denied. 12/12/19: Sentenced to life without parole.
    *Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) - Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Sentencing on 2/10/20.

msboo, Alice253, Brooke and 9 others like this.
  6. Arachne 1

7. SWFlorida

SWFlorida Active Member

I don't think he has anything to smile about......

Alice253, Brooke, IQuestion and 4 others like this.
  8. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Jake Allen
    @Jake_Allen19

·
    5m

I’m at the Lee County Justice Center in Fort Myers, where a hearing for Mark Sievers is expected to begin at 8:30 a.m.
    @ndn
    @TheNewsPress
    . His attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial.

2m

Mark Sievers was convicted of first-degree murder in December in connection with the death of his wife Teresa Sievers. He was sentenced to death last month.

kimpage, Estelle, msboo and 10 others like this.
  9. SWFlorida

SWFlorida Active Member

10. Legally Bland

Jake Allen
    @Jake_Allen19

·
    8m

Judge Bruce Kyle has just entered the courtroom. Here is some background on the motion for a new trial from Mark Sievers' defense attorneys.

7m

Defense Attorney Michael Mummert is talking about the motion for new trial. The grounds are that the verdict was contrary to the weight of the evidence, newly discovered evidence and prejudice due to juror misconduct, Mummert said.

6m

Mummert did attach a letter to the motion, which he said is one of the pieces of newly discovered evidence. The letter was admitted into evidence without objection from prosecutors.

5m

The letter with a card was discovered by Mark Sievers’ stepmother Jennie Weckelman after he was convicted of first-degree murder during a trial in December.

4m

Weckelman has taken the witness stand. She will answer questions about how and when she found the letter.

3m

More on what's in the letter here: http://bit.ly/361NEgK. It's to complicated to explain while live tweeting.

3m

Weckelman said she found the letters recently among Mark Sievers' belongings.

2m

Weckelman found the first letter within the last month, right after Mark Sievers was sentenced, she said. The other letter she found in December of 2019, Weckelman said.

1m

The letter found in December was found after the jury was out and deliberating, Weckelman said. The letters were kept in a large closet filled with Mark Sievers' belongings and taken from his former home in Bonita Springs.

42s

Weckelman said she was looking for photos or mementos that might be helpful for the mitigation phase when she found the letters. Weckelman steps down from the witness stand. The prosecution did not have any questions for her.

1m

Weckelman said she was looking for photos or mementos that might be helpful for the mitigation phase when she found the letters. Weckelman steps down from the witness stand. The prosecution did not have any questions for her.

33s

The defense has now called Dr. Mark Petrites, a friend of Teresa Sievers who found her dead inside her Bonita Springs home.

Linda 61, Estelle, Alice253 and 10 others like this.
  11. Legally Bland

@Jake_Allen19
    ·
    29s

The letters in question were written by Mark Petrites and his wife. During the trial Mark Petrites testified that he and his wife were not particularly close with Mark Sievers.

17s

Mummert is alleging the letters from Mark Petrites' wife show that she actually had a close relationship with Mark Sievers.

Alice253, Niner, kaen and 3 others like this.
  12. Legally Bland

@Jake_Allen19
    ·
    1m

"As a married couple, no. We were closer with Teresa," Petrites said.

[Mummert is struggling with this.]

kimpage, Estelle, Alice253 and 7 others like this.
  13. Legally Bland

Jake Allen
    @Jake_Allen19

·
    1m

That's all the questions for Mark Petrites and he is released from the witness stand. Judge asks if he wrote those letters and Petrites said he did not.

52s

That's all the witnesses that will be called for this hearing and Mummert is arguing in favor of his motion for a new trial.

[I don't think this isn't going to take long. Defense have nothing.]

Alice253, CalmSeas, MerBeach and 6 others like this.
  14. Legally Bland

Motion denied.

Estelle, Alice253, Brooke and 9 others like this.
  15. Legally Bland

Jake Allen
    @Jake_Allen19

·
    13s

BREAKING: Judge Kyle has denied the motion for a new trial and said he will have a written motion to follow.

kimpage, Estelle, msboo and 13 others like this.
  16. Arachne 1

Thanks, LB! Wouldn't know without you. Nothing else is working here.

msboo, Alice253, Brooke and 4 others like this.
  17. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Yeah, motion is denied!

18. Oregonmama

LB !, thanks for the tweets!!!

Alice253, Brooke, CalmSeas and 6 others like this.
  19. Oregonmama

Alice253, Brooke, CalmSeas and 8 others like this.
  20. Arachne 1

Thanks for your video, SWFlorida! I really enjoyed it! xoxoxoxo

Alice253, Brooke, ScotAng and 3 others like this.