AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney,3, Media, Maps, timeline -No Discussion

OCT 18, 2019
Search for abducted 3-year-old Alabama girl enters 'critical hours,' police say
[...]

At one point, a man walks by, looks over at the two, but doesn’t stop. Police said they want to know who this man is. They believe he may have seen something that night which might help investigators.

As the video continues, a second man walks by, stops and talks with the girls. He then walks away with the two girls following him and out of frame. Police said they know who that man is and believe he may be a suspect, but qualified that statement asserting that they have not ruled anyone out as a suspect.

Investigators said a few minutes after that two girls walk out of frame, police received the 911 call saying Kamille was abducted, making that video that last time anyone saw her. Police also noted there was a 37-minute difference in the timestamp of the video.

[...]

OCT 18, 2019
Crime Stoppers see 50 percent increase in calls after Birmingham kidnapping
[...]

“There’s been a huge response from the community, our tip volume has probably increase by 50 percent with a lot of those calls being related to the kidnapping case.” said Crime Stoppers program coordinator J.M. Davis.

One thing they want people to be aware of – there’s no such thing as a bad tip.

“There’s no way to predict what might be important to a detective working a case, so what may seem inconsequential to you may be the very piece of the puzzle the detective is looking for or it may lead him to that piece," said Davis.

[...]

Bottom line, you're helping put bad guys away and getting paid. Sometimes tens of thousands of dollars, all while remaining anonymous.

[...]

Last edited:
OCT 19, 2019
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/national/hot-topics/police-release-surveillance-video-of-night-kamille-mckinney-was-abducted/999331098

[...]

"There are two males that appear in the video where the two children are playing," Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith said at a news conference on Friday. "The first male will walk completely by. He looks at them. And it's the second male that comes up and engages the children."

That second man is a suspect, said Smith, adding that investigators believe they know who that man is. Police are looking to identify and speak with the first male in the video.

"The first man who walked by in the video, he may have pertinent information that will help us," Smith said. "This is the male we're looking for ... we want to talk to him ... if he saw something that night that may be critical to the investigation."

[...]

Mary O'Connell on Twitter
A prayer vigil for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney is about to get started at St. James AME Church near Tom Brown Village. Family is expected to be here along with dozens from the community. People coming in are asked to leave notes for the family.
EHP_3ucWkAE6I-x.jpg
EHP_3usW4AAfxNf.jpg
EHP_3u2XUAEncie.jpg

11:04 AM - 19 Oct 2019
Russell Jones on Twitter
Kamille McKinney’s mom surrounded by others at a prayer service at St. James AME Church.
EHQL1OGW4AEwv5R.jpg

11:56 AM - 19 Oct 2019 from St. James AME Church

Mary O'Connell on Twitter
“I believe in my heart she will be found today.”

11:14 AM · Oct 19, 2019

Last edited:
A few google satellite images of the area on video. Focusing on the area the children were playing and the men were walking.

Attachments

• EF248A12-3807-4371-8605-DB99CBDF286A.jpeg
    EF248A12-3807-4371-8605-DB99CBDF286A.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 25
  • B9E665D4-7BDD-4719-A888-94F7A26D25ED.jpeg
    B9E665D4-7BDD-4719-A888-94F7A26D25ED.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 27
  • D5D6BAA8-15C5-4F8D-935C-05B9CADF9D17.jpeg
    D5D6BAA8-15C5-4F8D-935C-05B9CADF9D17.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 195427FD-49E9-4F0A-B1DC-F46B0FA5B3DF.jpeg
    195427FD-49E9-4F0A-B1DC-F46B0FA5B3DF.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 25
  • F74CFA4F-44FF-450C-A02A-0777C43BC20B.jpeg
    F74CFA4F-44FF-450C-A02A-0777C43BC20B.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 7BCCF22F-CA32-4EEA-B8A1-A98352E41097.jpeg
    7BCCF22F-CA32-4EEA-B8A1-A98352E41097.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OCT 19, 2019
Community won’t stop until Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney is home, pastor says
[...]

Police say Kamille was abducted between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. seven days ago while attending a birthday party in the Tom Brown Village public housing community. According to other children in the area at the time, a man was handing out candy to children in the area. At some point, they said, he snatched a barefoot Kamille and put her into a Toyota SUV and drove off.

[...]

AT, Kamille’s mother, was present at the vigil but declined to speak to the congregation. Her older brother, SL, spoke instead.

[...]

SL also talked about social media and the “slandering” his sister from different people online. “No one knows how hard this is for her or our family," he said. “I wish everyone could keep their personal opinions to themselves at this time. That won’t help find my niece.”

“I appreciate everybody that’s searching, walking. I’ve been up several nights, different spots, whatever tips I hear, I don’t care what time it is, I’m up. And then I’m going to go to work, be right by my sister’s side. So to everybody whose making these false allegations, just keep your mouth closed in prayer," SL said.

[...]

OCT 14, 2019
WATCH: CBS 42's Jordan Highsmith spoke to people at the location where Birmingham Police detained a person of interest in 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney's kidnapping. Two people have been taken into custody as the search for "Cupcake" continues.

Amber Alert expanded for abducted Alabama 3-year-old; 2 in custody

Last edited:
OCT 19, 2019
Community prays, search continues one week after Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney was abducted
[...]

Today, Sergeant Johnny Williams said there's no updates in the investigation.

[...]

So far authorities have searched 4 main areas.
  • The site of the kidnapping, the Tom Brown Village housing community.
  • Then they searched the Woodside Condominiums on Roebuck Parkway where they found the blue Toyota Sequoia.
  • Monday, they searched the Parkway Villa Apartment Complex in Center Point, connected to one of the two persons of interest.
  • Wednesday, police descended on Marland Apts on Jefferson Avenue.
On Sunday, police plan to do a grid search in an area where another person of interest is known to frequent.

[...]

I’m baffled. Here they had 2 people in custody, one of which is still there and one I’m sure they’re watching. Why couldn’t they get more leads? I can’t believe she’s not found. I’m scared for her and her family. Prayers going out to them.

OCT 19, 2019
SEARCH FOR ‘CUPCAKE’: A week since the 3-year-old was abducted
[...]

6:17 p.m. COMPANIES GET INVOLVED IN RAISING AWARENESS FOR “CUPCAKE”

Companies across the Birmingham area are trying to help raise awareness for 3-year-old Kamilee “Cupcake” McKinney.

Buddy’s Florist is handing out free purple bows that can be hung around the Birmingham area to show support for the search.

More Than Conquerors Faith Church, Crime Stoppers, V.I.R.T.U.E., Inc. and K & J’s Elegant Pastries have all joined forces to host “Cupcakes for Cupcake” this Sunday. They are looking to collect donations in exchange for cupcakes to help fund the search for Kamille.

The group will also be accepting donations as well. The event will be held noon to 4 p.m. at More than Conquerors Faith Church.

[...]

MAPS - Updated

1) Tom Brown Village, 4165 5th Ct N, Birmingham, AL 35222, a public housing community off of Messer-Airport Highway (Avondale)​
2) Shell Station, 4012 Airport Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35222 Google Maps

3) Woodside Condominiums, 30 Shadowood Cir, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

4) Parkway Villa, 132 14th Ave NE, Birmingham, AL 35215 (Center Point) Google Maps

5) Marland Apartments, 2727 E Jefferson Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Google Maps

6) All of the above Google Maps

Last edited:
Patrick Karl Thomas on Twitter (Video)
There‘s a grid search for clues to Cupcake McKinney’s abduction. BhamPolice just won’t tell me where. Sgt. Johnny Williams says they can’t ruin chance of finding evidence and/or tip-off a possible suspect(s). She disappeared almost 8 days ago @abc3340 @spann .
2:42 PM · Oct 20, 2019

Patrick Karl Thomas on Twitter
Furthermore, Sgt. Williams says if they find anything notable he’ll give me the updates later. Right now, he tells me they dont want anything impeding their investigation—including finding 3-year-old Cupcake—safe and sound. @spann @abc3340
3:48 PM - 20 Oct 2019

OCT 20, 2019
Sunday grid search for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney turns up no sign of the missing 3-year-old girl
[...]

Birmingham police and Birmingham Fire and Rescue, along with other undisclosed agencies and volunteers, began a grid search at 1 p.m., said Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Johnny Williiams. The search was conducted in the east area of Birmingham which extended about two miles, he said.

The area was just north of Springville Road near Huffman Road. The search was completed at 5:30 pm and did not produce any evidence to help the investigation, Williams said.

No additional information about the grid search or the ongoing investigation has been released.

[...]

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member