Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

""We are working to determine the involvement of others," Graves said. "... We want to make sure that anyone that was responsible for yesterday is brought to justice."

Several firearms has been recovered in the investigation, the chief said."

So there may be more than the three who were apprehended?

At the least, if not also shooters, they are involved as witnesses.

I'm surprised that two are juveniles, perhaps why they are not identified.
What about that guy dressed in red....he is an adult.

""We are working to determine the involvement of others," Graves said. "... We want to make sure that anyone that was responsible for yesterday is brought to justice."

Several firearms has been recovered in the investigation, the chief said."

So there may be more than the three who were apprehended?

At the least, if not also shooters, they are involved as witnesses.

I'm surprised that two are juveniles, perhaps why they are not identified.
What about that guy dressed in red....he is an adult.

There were unrelated arrests made yesterday, as there frequently are at events like this (public intoxication). One man was seen stumbling (obviously drunk) in videos posted on Twitter, and alluded to being a shooter by outlets like the Daily Mail. It appears he was not involved.

Jacob Gooch Sr. said he hasn't begun to process the tragedy that unfolded before his family's eyes on Wednesday when they were shot during the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl victory parade. One person died and multiple others were wounded.

Gooch said he heard an altercation and then said he heard a girl say, "Don't do it, not here, this is stupid," he said.

When the gunshots began, Gooch said he thought the sound was fireworks. But his family members said they saw the shooter's movements before the mayhem began.

"My daughter said that some lady was holding him back, and people started backing up, and he pulled it out and starting shooting and spinning in a circle," Gooch said.

Jacob Gooch Sr. said he hasn't begun to process the tragedy that unfolded before his family's eyes on Wednesday when they were shot during the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl victory parade. One person died and multiple others were wounded.

Gooch said he heard an altercation and then said he heard a girl say, "Don't do it, not here, this is stupid," he said.

When the gunshots began, Gooch said he thought the sound was fireworks. But his family members said they saw the shooter's movements before the mayhem began.

"My daughter said that some lady was holding him back, and people started backing up, and he pulled it out and starting shooting and spinning in a circle," Gooch said.
This guy was spinning in a circle and firing his weapon AT the crowd.
That's not a reaction to a "personal dispute" with someone else.
That's a psychopathic attempt to kill as many people as possible, in a crowded area.

jmo

At least one of the arrested (the older man in red jumpsuit) had a rifle. Who brings a rifle to a parade? If it's a shootout over an argument, I'd expect it to be all handguns.

On this newscast, they say, "Woman in the crowd picks up what appears to be a rifle that came from the man and places it nearby..."

I saw a clearer video of this yesterday, but can't find it now. In the video, a man tackles the guy in a red jumpsuit. His wife grabs the gun, yells "I've got the gun," and moves it yards away over next to a wall.

I saw a clearer video of this yesterday, but can't find it now. In the video, a man tackles the guy in a red jumpsuit. His wife grabs the gun, yells "I've got the gun," and moves it yards away over next to a wall.
It looked to me like the man that got tackled was in a white/grey hoodie, not the man in the red track suit.

@alcaprari23

Bridget Barton was enjoying the #KansasCity Chiefs parade when gunfire erupted. She and her family fled to safety like thousands of others. When she got home and opened her backpack, she says she found a bullet lodged deep within one of her blankets. You can see the slug in the bottom left corner of her ziplock. She is now turning in the evidence to KCPD.

View attachment 483451
View attachment 483452

I wonder how she felt upon discovering she almost died.
What a horrible second shock that must be after experiencing the shooting and thinking you escaped safely...

Cool! I am never going to have to justify my penchant for always packing a blanket everywhere.

Amazing! Saved by a blankie!

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Trey Smith shared a WWE title belt to help calm a young boy in the aftermath of the mass shooting at the team's Super Bowl celebration.

Smith, who sported the belt during the celebration, noticed the frightened boy, who was with his father.

"I was thinking, what can I do to help him out?" Smith said in an interview Thursday on "Good Morning America." "I just handed him the belt: 'Hey buddy, you're the champion. No one's going to hurt you, man. We've got your back.'"

Chiefs OL calms boy with WWE belt after shooting

Feb 15, 2024

This is how the shooting unfolded, according to officials.

Feb. 14, 11:00 a.m.: Parade begins​

The Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl parade began around 11 a.m. local time and concluded at Union Station where players and coaches gave speeches that began at 12:45 p.m., local time.

2:00 p.m.: Police confirm shots fired​

At 2:02 p.m., local time, police confirmed shots were fired west of Union Station, sharing a statement on X, "Shots have been fired around Union Station. Please leave the area."

At 2:09 p.m., local time, police shared an update, saying, "We are releasing everyone from inside Union Station."

2:13 p.m.: 2 suspects detained, multiple victims struck​

Kansas City police shared an update on X, saying, "Shots were fired west of Union Station near the garage and multiple people were struck. We took two armed people into custody for more investigation."

Approximately 2:30-2:40 p.m.: Kansas and Missouri governors evacuated​

Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly shared a statement on X at 2:27 p.m., local time, confirming she has been safely evacuated.

"I have been evacuated and am out of harm's way," she wrote.

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson's official X account shared a statement at 2:48 p.m., local time, saying he and First fady Teresa Parson were "safe and secure."

Remaining timeline continues at link...

I was watching a replay of the KCTV 5 news coverage of the day and the announcers were happily commenting on how it had been a very uneventful, successful event with no major issues- as people started to flee. Awful. Just horrible.

@BrianEntin

Kansas City has a major crime problem.I saw it with my own eyes in 2022 -- and it has gotten worse since then.Record homicides in 2023...181 murders. 300 police officer vacancies.And now -- news the awful shooting yesterday was a dispute with juveniles now in custody.

At least one of the arrested (the older man in red jumpsuit) had a rifle. Who brings a rifle to a parade? If it's a shootout over an argument, I'd expect it to be all handguns.

On this newscast, they say, "Woman in the crowd picks up what appears to be a rifle that came from the man and places it nearby..."

Ugh, they keep stopping that video right when the woman picks up whatever it is. Can't really tell from that short clip and angle what it is.

Ugh, they keep stopping that video right when the woman picks up whatever it is. Can't really tell from that short clip and angle what it is
It was a black gun and long.
I don't really care what the killing tool looked like. All that matters is that the tool was used improperly and now children are in the hospital.

I don't get people. Whoever this is, they ruined their life. If it was for a "fight", their life is now over, along with the victim. What is wrong with people?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back