katie holmes...Did anyone notice

For all those thinking we are so hard on celebs here on WS... I thought it was a well known fact that the biggest gossipers (both good AND bad) are the people IN Hollywood that work in the entertainment industry. We've got nothing on them! ;)

LOL, so true!

My SIL is in a big position with a company that handles marketing and product placements for both TV and movies. She gives me some of the best scoops!

You are so very right - those in the industry are the ones that are the real backstabbers, gossipers, etc. that can impact the stars' careers, etc., much more than any of us on a MB.

i always thought that cruise and travolta were lovers but that was just my opinion.
--lol--ewwwwwwwwwww--although nothing is impossible in Hollyweird--Tab Hunter and Anthony Perkins were lovers and lived together--and there was that weird rumor about Laurence Olivier and Danny Kaye lol

He probably is. Now how much fun is it that he's picking her movies rather than her decision? Like all of his decisions were good ones?

Vanilla Sky
Eyes Wide Shut
All the right moves

Sure these are only three movies that weren't that great, but he still chose to do them.
--good point--Eyes Wide Shut was a real embarassment

Like Phil Spector and Napoleon, I think Tom Cruise suffers from LITTLE MAN syndrome. Thus, he has to control everything and EVERYONE around him. I pity this new child he seems to have completely singled out from the rest of his children (adopted) to obsess about because this kid will be turned into nothing but a Scientology robot. Poor sweet little thing. She'll never know freedom of choice about anything. Hopefully, when she's old enough, she'll stage a rebellion and take her mom along. Actually, I hope Katie does this long before this little child is grown and that Scientology crap is imprinted! It's my impression (as a people watcher only) Katie isn't a happy camper. When Tom kisses her (saw this at the soccer finals in Spain) she reluctantly takes the kisses with closed mouth. She didn't seem excited about what she was seeing. Maybe she doesn't understand soccer. I think it isn't hard to enjoy the beach with Tom and the baby because she is in love with her own child. Don't know who cut Katie's hair but it's not "current" or tasteful in that it's not layered at all and doesn't add to her looks. As for Katie's weight, I was a bit shocked at the beach pic of her in the swimsuit where her back displayed prominent ribs. Someone on here opined she will show weight loss in the upper torso and always be prone to gain in the lower torso or at least look heavier in that area. I concur. Thing is, her ribs indicate some serious weight loss and her stomach area, arms, neck area indicate the same. Even her face looks much thinner compared to her former, healther self. This just doesn't look like she's "been working out". I can tell "toned" from loss of muscle. This lady has plain lost weight. If she were older, she'd look even worse. This young woman, once so lovely, looks kinda sad and over-the-hill right now. Sure hope she WAKES UP AND SMELLS THE SCIENTOLOGY STENCH and gets the heck outta there with her little one asap!!

gaia
--agree--good post gaia

I don't care about Tom Cruise much, although I admit I find his smug and oh-so-superior attitude to be annoying. I also think his views on psychiatry are outrageous, but hey, he's entitled to his opinion. A very small part of me feels sorry for him, as he is firmly in the grip of Scientology mind control. (Don't really want to get into the "religion" vs "cult" argument, there is no doubt in my mind that Scientology is the very definition of a cult.) Despite all his protestations to the contrary, it can't be fun being under the thumb of those wierdos. Then again, all his millions buy him plenty of consolation, I'm sure.

I wouldn't want to be in Katie's position. No money in the world is worth leaving your freedom behind. As far as her looks, woman change as they age and have children and most, not for the better. I would never feel justified in commenting about how she's changed or how she tries to keep herself fit. I don't think she looks anorexic, just thin. I personally don't care for her haircut, but I admit it is chic.

Don't want to sound mean about Suri, but she looks like an average baby to me. Nothing overly adorable or cute about her. Just my opinion. I'm sure she's sweet, though and I'm happy her parents are excited about her. I, too, think she will grow up to be a Scientology robot, but if that's all she ever knows, maybe she will be happy anyway. It's the Toms and Katies of the world, who start out in life as normal people that must have horrible inner struggles dealing with the mind control and the "religious" fascism.

Shopper,

Where on earth did you read that I wished Tom and Katie Holmes' marriage to fail? I've never, ever said that! I HAVE stated that I wish them all the best happiness in the world and that I truly hope their marriage is a successful and happy one. Please re-read my posts...unless there's a typo in there, then you've totally mis-read my posts.

And No, I do not like gossip. I have always hated it. And just because someone is a celebrity does NOT automatically mean that they should have to put their lives up for public review. I have a cousin in the movie industry and I'm quite certain that he, too, would not welcome unfounded print in the media detailing his private life for all to see.

There definitely IS a fine line when you're in this type business between embracing your public, who supports those in this business, and wanting to have some sort of privacy in your life kept to yourself and out of the prying eyes of the public.

There used to be a day when the paparazzi weren't so intrusive. Nowadays, anything and everything goes. It's just my opinion, but I don't believe that just because someone, ANYONE, is a high profile personality, should automatically mean that your private life is anyone's for the guessing.

I don't blame some celebrities one iota for taking some of these gossipy smear campaigns to task and suing the daylights out of them. Greed and money are usually the two persuasions which keep the shutterbugs clicking.

That's why I've always said that I'd love the money, but would hate the fame. I love the fact that I can go anywhere I please and the fact that I don't have to contend with a camera lens in my face 24/7. My Gawd...if I couldn't go on a family vacation without someone critiquing my swimsuit, choice of haircut, or what I chose to put on my baby, I don't know what I'd do.

I guess I'd learn to develop a really thick skin...you have to in that business. But I wouldn't want it...not for all the money in the world.

My mother used to say if you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all. JMO, but I wholeheartedly agree. And that's my :twocents:.

So, AGAIN...I wish Tom and Katie nothing but the best. I hope she has lots and lots more babies and I hope they have a wonderful life. They deserve it.

To borrow from Onelostgirl...:banghead:

Honey, I didn't misread your post but you certainly misread mine. I...I just don't have the energy for this right now.

ETA: Actually, you misread your own post, the one I responded to. But you don't have to bother with it now, not worth it.

I think that it's a jump to think Katie is being "controlled" by Tom and that all of her decisions are being made by him. She is an adult and appears to be very happy and certainly doesn't look to be someone who is so meek to have every decision made for her and for her life to play out according to someone elses wishes. I won't debate about Scientology--any religion that someone chooses is a very personal decision, whether I agree with it's principles or not, it is not for me to say or even think that it's wrong. Especially since I don't even know the person. I think it's highly plausible that Katie is extremely content with the life she has created and chosen for herself. I think many times that people, myself included, tend to think that celebs in real life are like the characters they play on TV. Not so.

Just sayin'.

Was Tom a Scientologist back in the Risky Business era? I remember he & Rebecca DeMornay had a hot steamy relationship during & after the movie and it was by all accounts truly hot & steamy.

I don't have any issue with the marriage although it was awfully fast which would automatically give one great concern about it's ability to last long term. Katie is still basically a "child" herself and is entering a period of life when we all change a lot, while Tom is of an age when you "are who you are" for the most part. That alone could doom them.

MY issue with Tom is the whole mental health issue and his "know it all attitude" - much the same issue I have with Rosie. While I respect anyone's right to believe what they believe, the way he speaks out more AGAINST beliefs then simply saying "this is what I believe personally" rubs me the wrong way. When he first started the whole mental health is B.S. and there's no such thing as post partum depression/psychiatry is BS etc, it just blew any respect or admiration I had for him. Yes, he has every right to think that way, but out of respect for the THOUSANDS (hundreds of thousands?) folks who ARE being helped by treatment and medication, he sure as heck could have worded things a lot better. Tom shows no respect for OTHER people's right to have opinions much less the opinions they have, so why should I respect his? I don't know enough about Scientology to judge it though I suspect it's quite culty and mind controlling, but the one thing their most prominent representatives (celebrities) seem to prove is that humility is NOT one of their teachings.

Tom's sexuality is a non issue to me - I was a fan until he started spouting off like Mr Know It All with no respect or willingness to listen to others. While I may or may not watch any of his movies on tv when they reach it, I certainly will NOT ever go out to see one or rent one.

And let me also add that when Tom goes on tv etc and specifically makes intentional statements about psychiatry etc, then I have every right to respond with my opinion in any forum I choose. I'm not saying that as a dig to those defending Tom, I'm simply saying that I can see the whole paparazzi/invasion of privacy issue, but when he chooses to either speak publicly or act out (couch jumping) in public, we all have the right to respond/judge those events. And realistically, even private citizens get speculated about sexually and maritally - maybe not by so MANY, but it happens all the time.
Great post Malapoo.
:dance:

Continuing with the gay theme, CNN just released the latest,most intensive study to find out the percentage of gays in the country--Seems the latest study shows 4% of men to be gay in the US so Tom has a 4% chance of being gay--but I still think these rumors are false

Hi Peter, I am suprised at that number. I would have thought it would be higher.

Was Tom a Scientologist back in the Risky Business era? I remember he & Rebecca DeMornay had a hot steamy relationship during & after the movie and it was by all accounts truly hot & steamy.

I don't have any issue with the marriage although it was awfully fast which would automatically give one great concern about it's ability to last long term. Katie is still basically a "child" herself and is entering a period of life when we all change a lot, while Tom is of an age when you "are who you are" for the most part. That alone could doom them.

MY issue with Tom is the whole mental health issue and his "know it all attitude" - much the same issue I have with Rosie. While I respect anyone's right to believe what they believe, the way he speaks out more AGAINST beliefs then simply saying "this is what I believe personally" rubs me the wrong way. When he first started the whole mental health is B.S. and there's no such thing as post partum depression/psychiatry is BS etc, it just blew any respect or admiration I had for him. Yes, he has every right to think that way, but out of respect for the THOUSANDS (hundreds of thousands?) folks who ARE being helped by treatment and medication, he sure as heck could have worded things a lot better. Tom shows no respect for OTHER people's right to have opinions much less the opinions they have, so why should I respect his? I don't know enough about Scientology to judge it though I suspect it's quite culty and mind controlling, but the one thing their most prominent representatives (celebrities) seem to prove is that humility is NOT one of their teachings.

Tom's sexuality is a non issue to me - I was a fan until he started spouting off like Mr Know It All with no respect or willingness to listen to others. While I may or may not watch any of his movies on tv when they reach it, I certainly will NOT ever go out to see one or rent one.

And let me also add that when Tom goes on tv etc and specifically makes intentional statements about psychiatry etc, then I have every right to respond with my opinion in any forum I choose. I'm not saying that as a dig to those defending Tom, I'm simply saying that I can see the whole paparazzi/invasion of privacy issue, but when he chooses to either speak publicly or act out (couch jumping) in public, we all have the right to respond/judge those events. And realistically, even private citizens get speculated about sexually and maritally - maybe not by so MANY, but it happens all the time.

This is my only issue with Tom as well!

I have little patience for people who attempt to shove their opinions down others throats... especially while in the process they are putting down millions of people! Telling them there is nothing wrong with them.. that the life saving medications they take are a farce. It's plain irresponsible!!

Imagine Tom saying that to a Diabetic?!? Imagine the Diabetic person beliveing him and going off of their Insulin and starting to eat sugar?! All because Tom Cruise says it's not a real illness! Ha- what a stupid little man he is! He needs to just shut up before he ends up causing harm to some crazy fan who believes the things he says!

I could care less what Katie wears or what she does to her hair or how much she weighs. I don't care who Tom has sex with, male or female... I don't care if he picks his nose and eats it, for crying out loud. I just care that he thinks he knows ANYTHING about the illness that I live with every day of my life and will continue to live with for the rest of my life.. I thank G0d every day for the medication that treats my illness.

How I wish I could switch with Tom for one (un-medicated) week, when that week is through I'd love to hear what he then would have to say about mental illness!!

To borrow from Onelostgirl...:banghead:

Honey, I didn't misread your post but you certainly misread mine. I...I just don't have the energy for this right now.

LOL

Each post will be a repeat from here on out... typed differently but saying the same things over and over and over again. Talking to a wall... Scripted.

LOL

Each post will be a repeat from here on out... typed differently but saying the same things over and over and over again. Talking to a wall... Scripted.

Now that I've had time to think about it, my post should've said that she misread her OWN post. Talking to walls is such a waste of time. But I know better now.

;)

This is my only issue with Tom as well!

I have little patience for people who attempt to shove their opinions down others throats... especially while in the process they are putting down millions of people! Telling them there is nothing wrong with them.. that the life saving medications they take are a farce. It's plain irresponsible!!

Imagine Tom saying that to a Diabetic?!? Imagine the Diabetic person beliveing him and going off of their Insulin and starting to eat sugar?! All because Tom Cruise says it's not a real illness! Ha- what a stupid little man he is! He needs to just shut up before he ends up causing harm to some crazy fan who believes the things he says!

I could care less what Katie wears or what she does to her hair or how much she weighs. I don't care who Tom has sex with, male or female... I don't care if he picks his nose and eats it, for crying out loud. I just care that he thinks he knows ANYTHING about the illness that I live with every day of my life and will continue to live with for the rest of my life.. I thank G0d every day for the medication that treats my illness.

How I wish I could switch with Tom for one (un-medicated) week, when that week is through I'd love to hear what he then would have to say about mental illness!!

And you know, if that were to happen (a diabetic not taking insulin b/c Tom Cruise said so), with people winning crazy lawsuits nowadays, he's possibly leaving himself wide open for a giant headache one day and maybe losing his fortune.

I'm thankful for you having the meds you need too. Thankfully, I don't think there's any worry about Tom having much influence on the drug mfgs. The cult of Scientology is no match for them.

I've got a soft spot for little Suri, what an adorable little girl, and his other children too are great kids, I don't think we will see those two teens in the headlines for bad things. I'm giving Tom a break on his kids, he seems to be doing a fine job with them, and despite all my misgivings and some of the downright absurd beliefs of Scientology, they do have a gentle and loving approach to child rearing that I appreciate. He is also present in his children's lives, you don't see that with many celebrities, he and Katie are always there for their activities, As for Katie, it looks to me that she has simply grown up and wishes to look that way, she is a woman and a Mother now and not the girl we all remember from Dawson's Creek.

With all due respect, we haven't a clue what Tom does with his children as a parent. We have only what he chooses to let us see via photographs and interviews. The people they pay are paid well to make them look good, period.

We really have no idea what kind of parent Tom, or Angelina, or any other celebrity parent is, and it is time we stopped giving them credit for being good parents.

Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. A photo op for the children's activities, what is that? Do we know if they are the ones who are there if the child has a nightmare in the middle of the night? Do we know if they are the ones the child peels back an eyelid at six a.m. to announce, "I'm hungry?" Do we know if they are there when the child feels like talking, which as all parents know, is sometimes at neither a convenient nor a comfortable time?

No, we do not.

So they get no more credit for being good parents than the total strangers down the street, and maybe less, because they seem to be scripting their children's lives for their own career advantages.

Spoke to my cousin...seems that Tom has a really good PR person, and others around him that protect his "image". He doesnt want his interludes to become public because of his religion and his career. He apparently hurts anyone who gets in his way. My cousin is not in the industry but he hangs around those who are and people with way too much money and time on their hands. Heavy talk from CA that Katie was inseminated. She loves that baby deeply, but her body language around him tells me something different.

Now that she has been with her Prince Charming for several years, Im thinking that she realizes that Tom and life with him is not what she thought it would be. In the beginning she probably loved all the attention this older, successful, powerful and handsome (now Im getting sick) man was showing her. Two years later, I wonder if she is feeling suffocated. Hopefully she will be smart enough to not get preg. again while she is with him. If she gets preg again, she will have a hell of a time breaking away.

Spoke to my cousin...seems that Tom has a really good PR person, and others around him that protect his "image". He doesnt want his interludes to become public because of his religion and his career. He apparently hurts anyone who gets in his way. My cousin is not in the industry but he hangs around those who are and people with way too much money and time on their hands. Heavy talk from CA that Katie was inseminated. She loves that baby deeply, but her body language around him tells me something different.

Now that she has been with her Prince Charming for several years, Im thinking that she realizes that Tom and life with him is not what she thought it would be. In the beginning she probably loved all the attention this older, successful, powerful and handsome (now Im getting sick) man was showing her. Two years later, I wonder if she is feeling suffocated. Hopefully she will be smart enough to not get preg. again while she is with him. If she gets preg again, she will have a hell of a time breaking away.

The deal with the devil has a price.

So sad for Katie.

Someone said that Katie is trying to look like Posh; I think she is doing a good job of it but why? :hand:

Frankly I prefer to hear what Brangelina are up to because they do so much good on the planet and YES both Angelina and Brad are really good actors.
Angelina too is looking like she weighs less than 100 pounds.
What is going on in Hollywood are they all going nuts? :waitasec:
Or is looking like a scare crow the inn thing?:crazy:

Katie girl, Lose Tom, get your $ and go eat to your hearts delight. You don't need him. He's used goods, short, ugly, and a wacko. The best thing that happened to Nicole was getting rid of Dum Cruise. All you seem to be is a stepford scientologist wife. No brain waves at all... Can your love be bought? I guess so. :doh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back