KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been their benchmark. As far as unsealing anything that's a great question for the Lawyer thread. I dont know if they can since this is not "officially" over.

And with a DP sentence it's kinda never over. Until an execution which we know those odds.

Murder victims don't have to be perfect. It's wrong of anyone to include normal flaws about the victim as any kind of mitigating factor, imho. That puts the burden on the victim for their own murder, and that is incredibly immoral, in my view :(QUOTE]

respectfully snipped by me:

I'm trying to catch up on everyone's posts but THIS comment really hit me
writer7 ....I so totally believe this....how is that someone who is dead in the ground, butchered by his murderer has to be drag thru the mud...I so totally disagree with the everything the jury foreman said....I do NOT believe JA was abused verbally or mentally...and I read an article where he was basically quoting JW about the whole trajectory BS...again blaming TA that JA 'changed' after she met him....how does that become TA's fault? ....his fault that she followed him around like a stalker puppy & converted to LDS??

I guess it's true that I'm not the one signing my name to the verdict slip saying to put her to death but I'm just a more logical person...to say that she was only 27 & she only killed one person so she shouldn't get death just doesn't make any sense to me. Whoever said I'd rather not hear from the other jurors I'm going to have to agree cuz listening to this jury foreman makes my blood boil.

I stand firmly with the family and whatever they want I will support!!

And with a DP sentence it's kinda never over. Until an execution which we know those odds.

So true. I hope the Alexanders can one day find their new normal. As I truly believe you have :please: I was so very very sad there was not a true Verdict. I wanted it over for them. I am comforted tonight knowing Jodi is locked up tighter than a drum. Either way when she hits Prison her life is over. Thank You for all you have done and will continue to do :seeya:

Hangin' in there?

Hiya :)

My sweet brother is cooking us dinner so I'm at his place after a 3.5 hr mani pedi. This poor guy was so slow but I figured it was Gods way of forcing ME to slow down and sit. So I gave him a huge tip for the extra time (normally I'd have gotten impatient but not today).

Just glad this week has concluded and looking forward to the weekend.

You?

So true. I hope the Alexanders can one day find their new normal. As I truly believe you have :please: I was so very very sad there was not a true Verdict. I wanted it over for them. I am comforted tonight knowing Jodi is locked up tighter than a drum. Either way when she hits Prison her life is over. Thank You for all you have done and will continue to do :seeya:

Me too. Yes you do find a new normal eventually and life does go on. I have so many mixed feelings re the DP so mostly keep them to myself and just stay w supporting what this family prefers. Told the fam today a few of us are available to attend any hearings they need someone to sit in for them if they can't get over (sometimes there are just dumb pre trial hearings but we will represent if they need). The response I got was sweet, bittersweet and poignant all wrapped in to one. Thanks bravo- your post earlier today really helped me so thanks for that. Xo

Me too. Yes you do find a new normal eventually and life does go on. I have so many mixed feelings re the DP so mostly keep them to myself and just stay w supporting what this family prefers. Told the fam today a few of us are available to attend any hearings they need someone to sit in for them if they can't get over (sometimes there are just dumb pre trial hearings but we will represent if they need). The response I got was sweet, bittersweet and poignant all wrapped in to one. Thanks bravo- your post earlier today really helped me so thanks for that. Xo

Awww thanks Katie. Glad you are finding some comfort here. Glad you treated yourself to a much deserved pamper day and Family time. You help so many and we luv ya for it. Enjoy the Holiday weekend.

Hiya :)

My sweet brother is cooking us dinner so I'm at his place after a 3.5 hr mani pedi. This poor guy was so slow but I figured it was Gods way of forcing ME to slow down and sit. So I gave him a huge tip for the extra time (normally I'd have gotten impatient but not today).

Just glad this week has concluded and looking forward to the weekend.

You?

So glad you got "held up in the chair" ;) Just threw a swordfish steak on the grill ... good to go for round 2!

I'm finding myself sad wishing my CEO had stayed on the jury and become foreman like I'd imagined. :(

This is like a "compromised verdict". They find the crime qualifies legally for the DP but the criminal who committed it does not.

Ill say with DP appeals this kind of thinking/arguing is the norm. It's just more prolonged and expensive and honestly appalling.

Off topic posts have been removed.

Every thread in this forum is not a general discussion thread. Which lately all of them have turned in to.

Keep it on topic, please.

Doing my best to stay positive I'm feeling really really really lucky that we got the M1. Not that we will ever know but I wonder just how many jurors saw the Darryl Brewer testimony via interview before they flipped out of the box.

I'm finding myself sad wishing my CEO had stayed on the jury and become foreman like I'd imagined. :(

This is like a "compromised verdict". They find the crime qualifies legally for the DP but the criminal who committed it does not.

Ill say with DP appeals this kind of thinking/arguing is the norm. It's just more prolonged and expensive and honestly appalling.

CEO being foreman would have been nice. At least he might have tried to get a verdict.

I regret watching the ABC15 interview.

The foreman seems like he actually likes Jodi as a person and that, without actually saying it, that he blames Travis for the change in her. He said "she was a normal, healthy, and vibrant woman the first 27 years of her life." He also said that during the 18 days Jodi was on the stand there was not a point that he didn't like her.

My quote feature isn't working but wanted to reply to outpfstatelawyer about your thoughts on how you would have argued your position in deliberations. I just don't know what I would do beyond staying w instructions and dissecting all the mitigators as objectively as possible.

Doing my best to stay positive I'm feeling really really really lucky that we got the M1. Not that we will ever know but I wonder just how many jurors saw the Darryl Brewer testimony via interview before they flipped out of the box.

Do you believe that was a dirty trick done by the defense. The timing of that interview was suspicious.

http://www.eveningsun.com/nationworldnews/ci_23314542/jury-arias-case-gives-up-after-no-consensus

Snippet from article:

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

That quote was very similar to Darrel Brewer's quote to azcentral (Keifer):

It went something like, "Jodi was perfectly normal young woman until she met Travis Alexander and the PPL and the Mormon religion".

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130520jodi-arias-darryl-brewer-interview.html

And then, I wondered how Keifer had access to what the juror question was yesterday (see page 42 or 43 of legal questions plus my original question on "how is Keifer privvy to juror questions"). Keifer removed this juror question from his article at 12:55 am yesterday. Another sleuther claimed that Keifer was bragging about seeing the juror note but when I checked his twitter account, that statement was also removed.

What the hay?

Do you believe that was a dirty trick done by the defense. The timing of that interview was suspicious.

I think there was a whole lot of suspiciousness with that interview. Nurmi never argued WHY Brewer wasn't being called after all and within moments of court it seems he's all set up before a camera essentially delivering his testimony without having to be cross examined. I also find it interesting Kiefer was about a half hr late to court that day and all seats were gone. As for me I wonder exactly when that interview was done.

Me too Lady - I put 2 and 2 together the same night you did after Keifer got that interview with DB...

Me too Lady - I put 2 and 2 together the same night you did after Keifer got that interview with DB...

Me too....ITA with your post before this one.....something is very off here.

I think there was a whole lot of suspiciousness with that interview. Nurmi never argued WHY Brewer wasn't being called after all and within moments of court it seems he's all set up before a camera essentially delivering his testimony without having to be cross examined. I also find it interesting Kiefer was about a half hr late to court that day and all seats were gone. As for me I wonder exactly when that interview was done.

CMA never even mentioned why DB wasn't there - She only gave excuses for her friend that "got threats" - That told me that she was satisfied with DB doing what she told him to do in the interview.

Jodi wants to say JM is a bully. Patti wants to say she recieved threats. Brewer said he could not make it to the court becaused he was stalled. He did not elaborate. Jodi will try to use the above among other things to get an appeals court to give her a new trial. It wont work. Its so transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member