KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope a mod doesn't think this is out of line. If so feel free to delete.
KCL do you think the jury foreman know Kieffer?

http://www.eveningsun.com/nationworldnews/ci_23314542/jury-arias-case-gives-up-after-no-consensus

Snippet from article:

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

That quote was very similar to Darrel Brewer's quote to azcentral (Keifer):

It went something like, "Jodi was perfectly normal young woman until she met Travis Alexander and the PPL and the Mormon religion".

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130520jodi-arias-darryl-brewer-interview.html

And then, I wondered how Keifer had access to what the juror question was yesterday (see page 42 or 43 of legal questions plus my original question on "how is Keifer privvy to juror questions"). Keifer removed this juror question from his article at 12:55 am yesterday. Another sleuther claimed that Keifer was bragging about seeing the juror note but when I checked his twitter account, that statement was also removed.

What the hay?

I asked many people at the courthouse this question- how he obtained and published this sealed info including Beth Karas, Karen Arra the PIO, Jeffrey Gold, Wild About Trial and Chris Williams from Ch 12. More than one of those people found it inappropriate at best and suspicious at worse. He was also parading around like a peacock that day in a shirt and tie, not his normal attire as if he was prepared for something. This was the day before the mistrial came in.

abc 15 foreman says didn't like jm thought he was talking down to them..didn't mention defense attys.

Does Michael Kiefer write for the USA Today/lohud.com?

Jodi wants to say JM is a bully. Patti wants to say she recieved threats. Brewer said he could not make it to the court becaused he was stalled. He did not elaborate. Jodi will try to use the above among other things to get an appeals court to give her a new trial. It wont work. Its so transparent.

I do not think Juan was a bully at all. He had to be a bit aggressive to get answers. Witnesses were unresponsive. Patty has a bit of a past, so he had every right to cross her. She and the DF did not want the bad info out. Besides that in one of her interviews she said JA had a good childhood. How could she get in front of the jury and say the opposite. I would think Juan would of brought her interview into light. JMO To much trickery from the DF.

I hope a mod doesn't think this is out of line. If so feel free to delete.
KCL do you think the jury foreman know Kieffer?

No but I think Kiefer has been privy to a lot of inside info and used it when It seemed to benefit the defense. ALV, Hughes emails, Brewer not being called at the very least.

Doing my best to stay positive I'm feeling really really really lucky that we got the M1. Not that we will ever know but I wonder just how many jurors saw the Darryl Brewer testimony via interview before they flipped out of the box.

The M1 victory is huge. It is justice. It may feel incomplete, but we remember that Juan was passionate and masterful.

I wonder when we'll meet the jurors and hear any observations from them. Even Juror Number 5 and Poquito Mas! And don't you know there is so much we didn't know, that had to be kept confidential?? Maybe it will all have to wait until after the penalty retrial. Nah, some jurors can't wait that long!

I asked many people at the courthouse this question- how he obtained and published this sealed info including Beth Karas, Karen Arra the PIO, Jeffrey Gold, Wild About Trial and Chris Williams from Ch 12. More than one of those people found it inappropriate at best and suspicious at worse. He was also parading around like a peacock that day in a shirt and tie, not his normal attire as if he was prepared for something.

I love Beth Karas and I remember her telling us that the public will not know what questions are asked. A lot of people here had great hopes when they got to see that question, but it threw up a big red flag for me.

Does Michael Kiefer write for the USA Today/lohud.com?

No he works for the AZ Republic but many of his articles got picked up by USA Today including ones painting the state in a negative light and the defense as victimized which were bald faced lies. And no retractions.

I love Beth Karas and I remember her telling us that the public will not know what questions are asked. A lot of people here had great hopes when they got to see that question, but it threw up a big red flag for me.

AS we are on exactly the same page here.

Based on seeing the snippets of the interview of the jury foreman, I am VERY grateful this jury was able to come to a guilty vote.
From what this man says, it sounds like the jurors were about at the end of their rope by the time it got to the penalty phase, no? I cannot imagine how they were able to go through the jury instructions, deliberate, and come to a vote in the short amount of time up to their first question. Did I hear him say that nothing changed after that first vote? That no one tried to change anyone else's vote? Or am I misinterpreting?

I am also just astounded that this jury did not know the consequences of them not reaching a decision. Or was that information not a part of their instructions?

I am not going to post my opinion of this particular juror. But I will say that he seems to have been operating under some misconceptions. Such as that the public would know less about the case than the jury did. That just doesn't even make sense! Why did he think the jurors were not allowed to read about the televised trial?

I so agree with you, extremely grateful that they voted murder one and cruelty. But I'm shocked and amazed that they did so after hearing him talk. I really want to hear from some others, as this gentleman is making me more and more uncomfortable the more he explains his thoughts.

How in the world did this jury not clarify with the judge what would happen if they were not unanimous? That seems like the most basic of all questions to me. Ugh. If they had any ounce of doubt, they should have asked.

Who knows if he will ever watch and read everything that we have, I imagine he will... the police interview with the Arias parents talking about how their daughter has had mental issues for years, the numerous reports from friends about how scary and obsessed she was, her own interrogation videos/interviews/fake diary, etc... ALL of these things plus plenty more prove that she was sick for a while even before Travis... NOT because of him.

AS we are on exactly the same page here.

I know - And my name is Cindy. God Bless You for what you are doing for the Alexander Family. I hope they get the counseling they need before the next round, especially Steven (I'm most worried about him) - I will be listing some things on eBay and want to add Travis Alexander's fund to their list if it isn't already there. Please remind -

KCL

I heard that Beth Karis was leaving HLN since In Sessions is no longer. Is this true? Do you know her plans if this is true. Always loved watching her interpretations of legal issues when I watched In Sessions. So much knowledge provided without all the drama. Will really miss her.

I'm finding myself sad wishing my CEO had stayed on the jury and become foreman like I'd imagined. :(

This is like a "compromised verdict". They find the crime qualifies legally for the DP but the criminal who committed it does not.

Ill say with DP appeals this kind of thinking/arguing is the norm. It's just more prolonged and expensive and honestly appalling.

It is not the best or happiest outcome, but I'm making a concerted effort to stay calm and take a long view.

Aside from getting the necessary "guilty of murder one, extremely cruel" verdict locked in, I am so happy that the cameras and microphones have been taken away from ja for now. It is hard and painful for the Alexander Family, but I did get satisfaction from the jury denying her a sentence. No life. No death. Nothing. Go back to jail and wait for some other group of fed up, exhausted souls to deal with you later--we're done with you. I think having no sentence is harder for her than life OR death. Either would have given her a platform and even MORE media attention. It will never be this big again. The fervor will die now. It can't be sustained or recreated.

The most important part is done--and I trust that God has the details figured out and everything will come through at exactly the right time. The Alexanders and all of us haven't been brought all this way to be dropped on our heads. He's got this.

abc 15 foreman says didn't like jm thought he was talking down to them..didn't mention defense attys.

I don't even know what to say - this guy has some kind of issues IMHO

I'm finding myself sad wishing my CEO had stayed on the jury and become foreman like I'd imagined. :(

This is like a "compromised verdict". They find the crime qualifies legally for the DP but the criminal who committed it does not.

Ill say with DP appeals this kind of thinking/arguing is the norm. It's just more prolonged and expensive and honestly appalling.

I'm sad about your CEO too Katie...do you think the Alexander's are united and ready to move forward. Thanks so much for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong