KC defense team.What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what reason there could be for not reporting a missing child to law enforcement? I can't think of any right off the top of my head?

If KC is indeed innocent, then the finger has to point back at CA since she was the last one to have seen Caylee alive.

I think her failure to report the disappearance, as well as her inability to provide critical information to the investigation, is the primary incriminating evidence. I think a jury might convict just because of it.

Not that her failure to report couldn't have been for reasons other than having murdered her child, i.e. covering for paramour or friend, or she thought whether wrongly or rightly that the child was with someone she knew and would not be harmed, or someone was holding the child due to criminal involvement on her part so she did not feel she could go to police or her parents, or a threat was made against Caylee's life if she told, or if she distrusts LE, or if she suffers from mental illness or was under the influence or other medical cause affecting her judgment or perception, etc

No. He got the psychic tips, which we've all seen, but he wanted the other, more substantial tips released. They were compiled and have been sitting there waiting for him. He didn't want to pay the money for them.

why would the defense have to pay money for them, please tell me that's not true.

why would the defense have to pay money for them, please tell me that's not true.

That's correct. He never picked them up and was complaining about the $900 that OCSO is charging for compiling them. So, in other words, he wants everyone else to do his work for him and not pay for a penny of it. Nice work if you can get it. :40__s:

Short answer: Beacuse JB is "retained" not Court Appointed.

This means he must pay for any and all copies he needs. If Court Appointed the State pays these costs, and it gets rather costly in a case that is so highly covered. Also, since this is a "retained" case, someone has to pay for the "experts", not the State, this too is extremely costly for the State. Hence JB looking for experts to do the work pro bono=free. JB could get pro bono experts because of the publicity of the case alone.

I haven't had much coffee yet, hopefully that made sense.

SNIP

(Why would LE NOT have taken cadaver dogs to clear an area where someone said they found what they believed to possibly be remains? Why would they not have searched the A's neighborhood with dogs already anyway? Especially after KMT suggested the vicinity of the school way back when...)

This goes to LE competence, which links to the meter man. Who will almost assuredly become a defense target.

Short answer: Beacuse JB is "retained" not Court Appointed.

SNIP

this too is extremely costly for the State. Hence JB looking for experts to do the work pro bono=free. JB could get pro bono experts because of the publicity of the case alone.

I haven't had much coffee yet, hopefully that made sense.

I believe you meant to say: this too is extremely costly for the "defense".

Just curious what reason there could be for not reporting a missing child to law enforcement? I can't think of any right off the top of my head?

If KC is indeed innocent, then the finger has to point back at CA since she was the last one to have seen Caylee alive.

Part bolded by me - I'd like to hear it too - what reason would a person NOT contact LE if their child is missing or kidnapped as Casey states

Please someone share the reasons because as Trapshooter says above - we can't think of any reason

This is what paralegals are for - this is what law students are for - JB needs to either hire a few more paralegals or go to the local college and recruit a few law students

Wanting the State to do your work will cost money - trials and trial prep ain't free - thats why the State keeps asking the judge and JB why JB has not deposed these people he wants information from - the defense needs to do that - what happens is if the defense supeonas and deposes certain witnesses and these witnesses have lawyers present - those lawyers will not only bill the client but bill and the defense for time used because they were supoenoad to be there

If you want to get technical, she never reported her missing. Cindy dialed 911 and put Casey on the phone. Reluctantly (as you hear in the background), she gets on with the dispatcher. In her smug, emotionless tone, tells her 31 days. But for Cindy, we wouldn't be here.

She, Casey herself, never dialed LE about her missing child.

she also didn't really want to talk to LE during the 911 call...she also thought it a "whim" and waste of time.....

what happens is if the defense supeonas and deposes certain witnesses and these witnesses have lawyers present - those lawyers will not only bill the client but bill and the defense for time used because they were supoenoad to be there

(chuckle)

Double billing?

If the state does things towards the case and JB can call an "emergency" hearing and convince the judge to have Pros. hand it over, then JB has spent very little $ getting the same info that his paralegals and depos would have gotten him at great expense.

Less expense = greater profit$$$$ (maybe this is why he and KC get along so dandily).

Well, I think Mr. K's calls gave them a little more direction than having to search 15 acres, right? More like less than 1 acre? Even if it had been 15 acres, I'm surprised they wouldn't find the body. If Mr. Kronk could find something, why not the dogs? (If the body was there at the time they went.)
Can't the dogs supposedly detect bodies underwater, too?
I mean, if the dogs supposedly detected a place in the A's back yard where a body had been placed for a matter of hours up to days but was no longer located, how could they not detect the actual decomposing body? It was only August.

Not ALL cadaver dogs do underwater searches. That takes special training and certification.

According to the: Cadaver Dog Handbook: Forensic Training and Tactics for the Recovery of Human Remains

I was only discussing like everyone else how in Gale St John's video in August she asks her friends in the car, why do we feel we need to search here, LE said it has already been cleared with the dogs, etc.

Also, it's been reported over and over in the media that the area was cleared by LE after Mr. K's August tips, and the dogs were either used then or had been previously.

If LE never took dogs there, please do provide your link to set us all straight. Thanks!

(Why would LE NOT have taken cadaver dogs to clear an area where someone said they found what they believed to possibly be remains? Why would they not have searched the A's neighborhood with dogs already anyway? Especially after KMT suggested the vicinity of the school way back when...)

GSJ also has said that the area where Caylee's remains WERE was underwater when SHE and the dog were there. She says in the video on her site she didn't go further back past where the grass was mowed because of water.

Also while GSJ may have THOUGHT the area had been searched by dogs...which is what she says...we do not know where her information came from. Maybe whoever gave her the information was mistaken.

I doubt that LE was giving GSJ a whole lot of time and attention.

P.S. GSJ's dogs are not cadaver certified...so their alerts or lack of alerts mean no more than those of any family pet.

IMO

I think her failure to report the disappearance, as well as her inability to provide critical information to the investigation, is the primary incriminating evidence. I think a jury might convict just because of it.

Not that her failure to report couldn't have been for reasons other than having murdered her child, i.e. covering for paramour or friend, or she thought whether wrongly or rightly that the child was with someone she knew and would not be harmed, or someone was holding the child due to criminal involvement on her part so she did not feel she could go to police or her parents, or a threat was made against Caylee's life if she told, or if she distrusts LE, or if she suffers from mental illness or was under the influence or other medical cause affecting her judgment or perception, etc

With all due respect seagull65, not reporting your child missing for a month, whether she suffers from mental illness or under the influence, etc., is STILL not an answer as to WHY???? Even people who suffer mental illness and are influenced by drugs still have the where-with-all to realize that their child is missing. They may not care but I truly believe they are very AWARE that their child is missing.

IF her child was being held due to criminal involvement, wouldn't there have been a demand of some type...ransom, contact with the parent, etc?

I still cannot wrap my mind around not reporting your own child missing. In my heart of hearts, there is absolutely NO reason for not reporting your child missing.

With all due respect seagull65, not reporting your child missing for a month, whether she suffers from mental illness or under the influence, etc., is STILL not an answer as to WHY???? Even people who suffer mental illness and are influenced by drugs still have the where-with-all to realize that their child is missing. They may not care but I truly believe they are very AWARE that their child is missing.

IF her child was being held due to criminal involvement, wouldn't there have been a demand of some type...ransom, contact with the parent, etc?

I still cannot wrap my mind around not reporting your own child missing. In my heart of hearts, there is absolutely NO reason for not reporting your child missing.

Yep!! and when the time came to "spill the beans" there was nothing concrete about criminal involvement, etal, etc.

If you want to get technical, she never reported her missing. Cindy dialed 911 and put Casey on the phone. Reluctantly (as you hear in the background), she gets on with the dispatcher. In her smug, emotionless tone, tells her 31 days. But for Cindy, we wouldn't be here.

She, Casey herself, never dialed LE about her missing child.

Very True. If Casey didn't have Family it could have been years or never before anyone realized what happened to sweet Caylee. Casey would have been on "cloud 9" partying, sleeping around, etc. and never having to deal with the loss of her child. Thank goodness for CA. We all seem to put her down, but I do feel for her even with her personality disorders. She's living a horrific nightmare!! I think GA is heartbroken, but I'm not sure if CA will be able to pull out of it. I don't know if I could. I'm still mourning my Dog that died a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname