KC & her family post remains discovery UPDATED STATEMENT

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They can't. Doing it would get the Attorney disbarred and arrested. Plus any written documentation that he carries out and then hands off to a third party jeopardizes privelege and opens all of his written work product to examination.

Any letters between KC and the A's have to go through the prison screening system.

Exactly. Which is why I hope CA saved anything KC sent using JB as a go-between. Here, they actually stamp all mail, incoming and outgoing, as being viewed by correction officers.

They can't. Doing it would get the Attorney disbarred and arrested. Plus any written documentation that he carries out and then hands off to a third party jeopardizes privelege and opens all of his written work product to examination.

Any letters between KC and the A's have to go through the prison screening system.

someone needs to bring this 'rule' to JB's attention, I'm sure early on LA and KC talked about doing this. How would prison officials know the difference between a letter to mommy and notes about the crime if she sat and wrote in JB's presence, even if the room had an observation window.

Guards etc must assume JB is aware and upholding the law. If KC is sending letters home via JB's pc or on paper clearly we have a huge problem.

"The Anthonys said they are working with prosecutors as best they can, and said they want whoever did this brought to justice." "huh" :waitasec:

They added their daughter, Casey, should be considered innocent until proven guilty by a jury.

Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, said George and Cindy Anthony maintain Caylee was kidnapped by a babysitter, and if the remains are Caylee's, the babysitter likely played a role in her death.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/15/is_it_caylee.html

I want to repost this question here, since there seems to be a few people with legal knowledge in this thread. I've been following this case since the beginning, and I'm ignorant of not just Florida laws, but American law in general. There are, of course, some basic tenets that are almost universal... but there are also many differences.

If KC is presumed innocent until proven guilty... does that mean that if the baby's remains are released for burial before she's found guilty that she will be permitted a pass to attend the funeral under the presumption of innocence? Or does she stay right where she's at?

Professional, with the exception of all the grammatical errors. Where do they find these people?!?

I noticed that as well.

I can't believe they are still using the kidnapping nanny story. Do they really think people actually believe that story, or that it won't be dismantled in about a nanosecond during the trial?

"The Anthonys said they are working with prosecutors as best they can, and said they want whoever did this brought to justice." "huh" :waitasec:

They added their daughter, Casey, should be considered innocent until proven guilty by a jury.

Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, said George and Cindy Anthony maintain Caylee was kidnapped by a babysitter, and if the remains are Caylee's, the babysitter likely played a role in her death.

That statement is more than laughable. Previously, most of the players referred to Caylee as any noun but her given name. The babysitter has always been referred to as ZG. Now they reverse themselves.

Clue here JB, the babysitter's legal given name was, is and always will be Casey Marie Anthony. This will never change.

Oh that makes sense yes...

But you know, I don't get it, wouldn't you want to see your Mum and Dad, to have them hug you and tell you everything s going to be ok and that they know you didn't do this awful thing ?

Or that they know you couldnt have purposely done it...

The people that are turned to in crisis is the mum and dad. This makes no sense to me..
Even if just the Dad went.

They won't be able to touch KC. You have to communicate through a phone with a glass wall between you.

Anyone notice this on the web about the A's site?

Down for maintenance please check back shortly.
www.helpfindcaylee.com/ - 1k - Cached - Similar pages

However, the site is still there.

Firstly, Jb is not the A's atty. Their atty is saying something completely different, and their statement that they just released shows that this is not the case. (re: still believing the kidnapping story).

Judge JB for this, not the A's.

And re: what they actually said....Isnt this the kind of statement everyone has been waiting and wanting for the A's to make?
To me, it seems that they are saying that if kc did it, they want her to do the time for her crime.
But that evey american is afforded the right to be viewed as innocent until proven guilty in a courtroom.I think they are being pretty realistic about it.

Unfortunately it seems the A's are damned if they do, and damned if they dont.

It may have taken them a while, but they are finally facing the awful reality and I applaud and respect them for that.
JMO

I think because all their conversations are recorded/video taped, and they don't want to give the prosecution any more ammo.

What better way to pimp the Zanny kidnapping story then to go to the jail & have it be recorded?..They can all be weeping & damning her to hell for killing their baby girl..That's ALL they need to say..Nothing more!

Someone on NG just said the parents fear being recorded..Not for KA's sake but their own..Hmmmmm!

I clearly recall KA telling LA that Bozo would be bringing them letters & these would not be read by anyone at the prison..I wonder who gave her this BOGUS info?

So how does one VIEW CASEY AS INNOCENT?

How can a liar and thief be innocent?

If we didn't know that she was a liar and a thief we would be another victim.

Innocent? I want to know why the girl couldn't find a legit job or at least go back to school. What happened to her the last five years that she ends up being the most hated female around? Good grades, but no common sense, that is so culturally in on a sitcom for laughs. How many females are now on face book with the same obnoxious soft *advertiser censored* exhibitionism? What kind of males are out there falling for the same? The truth is there are more Casey's out there and they might not be middle or upper middle class and will never get the media attention this is getting.

Something is failing the better intentions of society.

I guess I'm all alone here, but I think they're written statement to the press was actually very, well, nice. They didn't accuse anyone of framing their kid, or push the Zenaida issue...they didn't point fingers at law enforcement or tell people to keep looking for Caylee. It was short, sweet and to the point. How NEW and UNUSUAL for the Anthonys.

You are not alone on this one. I don't believe they composed it themselves, but they gave their new lawyer the go ahead to release a statement and this statement reflects how the family should have behaved from the start.

Sadly, I don't believe for a second that their intentions are good, but at least they finally seem to have succumbed to allowing someone else to call the shots.

The statement was nice and hopefully this new lawyer will send them to charm school, so when they make their next tv appearance we won't all have to take extra blood pressure meds to watch them.

I guess I'm all alone here, but I think they're written statement to the press was actually very, well, nice. They didn't accuse anyone of framing their kid, or push the Zenaida issue...they didn't point fingers at law enforcement or tell people to keep looking for Caylee. It was short, sweet and to the point. How NEW and UNUSUAL for the Anthonys.

I'd have to say their new attorney writes a nice statement.

Seriously doubt G/C had much input in it though. Hopefully
they will heed Mr. Conways advice and keep quiet and even better,
out of sight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members