Still Missing Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Discussion in 'Trials' started by KayElJay, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

The 'beauty' of the brain of PF is that he probably did his instructing to his jail pal in front of a hidden CCTV camera complete with sound in full view of multiple LE officers charged with monitoring the jail!

Its unusual to see someone unable to get out of their own way all the time but PF seems to be just this person IMO.

2. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

Am I mistaken, but is the person whose name did not want to be released by the judge being called by name here? I hope that I am wrong because I have missed some of the thread due to family drama but if it is the actual it name should be redacted.

Hoping I am wrong.

3. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

It’s easy to see that Artis is suggesting other murders. This guy is a monster and I agree with Artis. This is deadly serious.

Flicka1, Steelslady and afitzy like this.
  4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

We've been asked to refer to him as "JB John Doe." See below:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Sure it is possible that PF told his defense team that he wrote the notes. However, I highly doubt it.

JMO

iambarb2 and Flicka1 like this.
  6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Then why didn’t they make any effort to dispute their legitimacy in front of the jury?

TRB, iambarb2, chrysalis and 32 others like this.
  7. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I've got to go back and read exactly how Drew Peterson went about planning his hits from prison.

I'm thinking they had audiotape of him with a CI but it seems to me that confirmable notes from Patrick would make for some decent proof of his conspiracy to commit lots of murders.

Ma F could end up having to cut a deal and testify, I'm thinking.

8. LietKynes

LietKynes "What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Agreed.
    It's possible that many trails in this sad case will lead right back to ma.
    LE can make discoveries about any involvement without her assistance and they probably don't want her 'help' for a variety of reasons.
    SF's possible lying to LE would become an issue and so would LE tipping her off so she could go and hide evidence.

No, if anyone else in this case needs to be brought to justice besides the miscreants already being dealt with ... the evidence itself or a helpful son in jail will nail SF.
    As in, the final nail in her coffin.

9. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Well crap, now that I think about it, we had to provide my sister’s death certificate in order to get those benefits for her boys.

So, my question is... if PF is found guilty of murdering Kelsey, will that be enough to receive a death certificate and declare her deceased?

10. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

I'd be so curious to hear the logical way you arrived at this supposition when you consider that Patrick's attorneys had his Alibi Script right there for comparison.
    Please share.

11. PommyMommy

May I ask what would cause you to doubt it? Do you think Steigerwald was napping, lol? J/K, of course. :p

Seriously though, seems he would have shredded JB John Doe to pieces if there was any doubt that PF wrote the notes and that didn't happen. Not even close. Not one objection. MOO

TRB, CalmSeas, chrysalis and 32 others like this.
  12. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Sam explained in his Day 10 update that LE asked the Press to not to use the persons name but that there was no prohibition put in place. So, certain members of the Press are using the name and others are not using the name. Sam's station as an example made the decision to protect the identity and not refer to the person by name and so is using John Doe to refer to the individual.

Edited: Pls refer to @PommyMommy post about referring to John Doe.

13. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

Can someone fill in some blanks here-
    I saw some comments this week that MaF was
    probably on the witness list and thus couldn't
    sit in on the trial so she was relegated to sitting in the hallway waiting her turn to be called.
    Right so far?
    Is it possible that this was a ploy by DA to keep her out of hearing distance of the other witnesses (like John Doe and Slater) because
    DA plans to file charges against her for her
    illegal participation in the 'kill list'?
    Maybe this was a brilliant move by DA. ????

14. MyBelle

The defense doesn't have to prove anything including who wrote the letters. The entire burden is on the prosecution. I'm looking forward to closing arguments.

JMO

Flicka1 and Irmese like this.
  15. Nudgee

Nudgee FLY EAGLES FLY.....

I have no answers to this.... but it sure of heck breaks my heart to think about it and any "detours" the Berreth family may have to face.

Flicka1, tmar, Steelslady and 10 others like this.
  16. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

I agree. Also, this reminds me of David Brown’s case. Th one where he solicited his young daughter to kill his wife.

In the end he was arrested and while in jail, also tried to get all witnesses and LE that were involved killed. These men are truly scary. This stuff really does happen, so I don’t understand how it’s unbelievable in this case. MOO

17. MyBelle

I think the jury will draw the same conclusion. I certainly have.

JMO

Flicka1 likes this.
  18. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Would you entertain the possibility that just maybe, the defense team might have asked PF, "Hey Patrick, did you write these notes while you were sitting in jail and didn't think to tell us about them?" Maybe PF then said, "Yea, guess I did, Yea, sure."

19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

And they’ve more than met their burden. The fact that the defense didn’t make any effort to discredit the letters, tells us all we need to know.

The prosecution produced a mountain of evidence, and the defense made no effort to even call someone to attempt to refute it. It spoke for itself, as does their response.

Closing arguments should be fun, especially when it comes to the defense. I’m already laughing at the prospect of what they will claim.

TRB, nanadee, chrysalis and 41 others like this.
  20. PommyMommy

The defense has been on a sinking ship with no life jackets since the beginning of this trial. I'll say it again; the prosecution's trial strategy and execution has been absolutely masterful. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.