CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
PF has learned a great deal since he killed KB, smugly believing that 'no body' there was 'no crime'.

When he's instructing his jail pal on the murdering KK, he stipulates : 'No video, no weapon, no body, no forensics'.

Looks like dimwit has realized it's not enough to 'disappear' the body and weapon - he left videos and forensics.
The 'beauty' of the brain of PF is that he probably did his instructing to his jail pal in front of a hidden CCTV camera complete with sound in full view of multiple LE officers charged with monitoring the jail!

Its unusual to see someone unable to get out of their own way all the time but PF seems to be just this person IMO.

Am I mistaken, but is the person whose name did not want to be released by the judge being called by name here? I hope that I am wrong because I have missed some of the thread due to family drama but if it is the actual it name should be redacted.

Hoping I am wrong.

Keep an eye out and maybe you can buy them on eBay soon!

If I had to guess why anyone had a bag of teeth I'd assume someone brought them home after a trip/trips to the dentist, dropped them in the dresser drawer and forgot about them.
It’s easy to see that Artis is suggesting other murders. This guy is a monster and I agree with Artis. This is deadly serious.

Am I mistaken, but is the person whose name did not want to be released by the judge being called by name here? I hope that I am wrong because I have missed some of the thread due to family drama but if it is the actual it name should be redacted.

Hoping I am wrong.
We've been asked to refer to him as "JB John Doe." See below:
Do we know if Jacob Bentley is or is not a pseudo name to protect the witness? The witness was identified by his full name in a public courtroom and via MSM, most of who are still using his full name.

It was a nice request by the DA after the fact, but there is no judicial order in place in that respect.

Let's wait and see if anything more comes of it.

ETA: To save some work for the WS staff ... from this point forward, let's refer to him as JB John Doe so that if we have the time to go back and redact the full name, it will only have to be up to this point.

Last edited:
Why didn't the defense want to talk to JB when he called? Could it possibly be that they knew they were authentic and didn't want anything to do with it? I believe they knew and had to distance themselves from them. If they would have seen them, I don't think they can just ignore what they saw legally. By distancing themselves from that evidence and not even entertaining a conversation, they didn't have to turn it over for discovery. Fast forward to Trial, they really were limited on how they could dispute the authenticity.

For Example: JB calls the defense attorney's office, leaves a message about what he has... Defense attorney's get with PF and ask.. his response was probably, "Yah, So What?!?" (because he's a dumb butt)... resulting in ... No return phone call.

IMO - this scenario played out exactly as it was supposed to. BTW - PF wouldn't need to call a handwriting expert because he knew he wrote them and so did his defense attorney's. And I believe the prosecution presented it as it needed to be to put into context of him being conscious of his decisions.

Sure it is possible that PF told his defense team that he wrote the notes. However, I highly doubt it.

JMO

No, IMO it was SF and was a reference to the perp on how they would be paid for doing the 'deed'.

Frightening and IMO sickening if proven.

MOO

I've got to go back and read exactly how Drew Peterson went about planning his hits from prison.

I'm thinking they had audiotape of him with a CI but it seems to me that confirmable notes from Patrick would make for some decent proof of his conspiracy to commit lots of murders.

Ma F could end up having to cut a deal and testify, I'm thinking.

There is a time limit. Probably years. I think they left her in the hall in order to leave her in the hall. Because they didn’t want her able to show support. They don’t like her, IMO.

I don’t think they had any intentions of asking her about the letters/murder spree plans. She’d rightfully clam up.
Agreed.
It's possible that many trails in this sad case will lead right back to ma.
LE can make discoveries about any involvement without her assistance and they probably don't want her 'help' for a variety of reasons.
SF's possible lying to LE would become an issue and so would LE tipping her off so she could go and hide evidence.

No, if anyone else in this case needs to be brought to justice besides the miscreants already being dealt with ... the evidence itself or a helpful son in jail will nail SF.
As in, the final nail in her coffin.

Last edited:
Well crap, now that I think about it, we had to provide my sister’s death certificate in order to get those benefits for her boys.

So, my question is... if PF is found guilty of murdering Kelsey, will that be enough to receive a death certificate and declare her deceased?

Sure it is possible that PF told his defense team that he wrote the notes. However, I highly doubt it.

JMO
May I ask what would cause you to doubt it? Do you think Steigerwald was napping, lol? J/K, of course. :p

Seriously though, seems he would have shredded JB John Doe to pieces if there was any doubt that PF wrote the notes and that didn't happen. Not even close. Not one objection. MOO

Hoping I am wrong.
Sam explained in his Day 10 update that LE asked the Press to not to use the persons name but that there was no prohibition put in place. So, certain members of the Press are using the name and others are not using the name. Sam's station as an example made the decision to protect the identity and not refer to the person by name and so is using John Doe to refer to the individual.

Edited: Pls refer to @PommyMommy post about referring to John Doe.

Last edited:
Can someone fill in some blanks here-
I saw some comments this week that MaF was
probably on the witness list and thus couldn't
sit in on the trial so she was relegated to sitting in the hallway waiting her turn to be called.
Right so far?
Is it possible that this was a ploy by DA to keep her out of hearing distance of the other witnesses (like John Doe and Slater) because
DA plans to file charges against her for her
illegal participation in the 'kill list'?
Maybe this was a brilliant move by DA. ????

The defense tried to attack the witness' credibility or what his motivations were for sharing the letters. But it doesn't appear they even asked him direct questions like, "In your opinion, could anyone other than PF have manufactured those letters?" Or pressed him, under oath, relentlessly on specific details, "On what day and time and in what setting were you in when PF handed you letter 4? Where was PF standing in relation to you?" etc etc. They didn't go after any of his testimony at all, just tried to show he had incentive to give testimony that would be more favorable to the prosecution. Which hit a snag when it was told that in his other witness testimony case, he was testifying on behalf of the defendant.

If PF didn't write those letters, the defense should have been showing outrage and questioning the specifics and the handwriting and how the witness got this detailed information on people who were unknown in the press and public.

It would be extra amazing if the letter written on the back of the commissary receipt was from PF's own purchase with his account number.
The defense doesn't have to prove anything including who wrote the letters. The entire burden is on the prosecution. I'm looking forward to closing arguments.

JMO

Well crap, now that I think about it, we had to provide my sister’s death certificate in order to get those benefits for her boys.

So, my question is... if PF is found guilty of murdering Kelsey, will that be enough to receive a death certificate and declare her deceased?

I have no answers to this.... but it sure of heck breaks my heart to think about it and any "detours" the Berreth family may have to face.

I've got to go back and read exactly how Drew Peterson went about planning his hits from prison.

I'm thinking they had audiotape of him with a CI but it seems to me that confirmable notes from Patrick would make for some decent proof of his conspiracy to commit lots of murders.

Ma F could end up having to cut a deal and testify, I'm thinking.
I agree. Also, this reminds me of David Brown’s case. Th one where he solicited his young daughter to kill his wife.

In the end he was arrested and while in jail, also tried to get all witnesses and LE that were involved killed. These men are truly scary. This stuff really does happen, so I don’t understand how it’s unbelievable in this case. MOO

I don't believe for a minute that KK was truly scared of PF until AFTER she agreed to testify against him. I think she never came forward of her own free will prior to KB being murdered because she's a selfish B that wanted PF.
I think the jury will draw the same conclusion. I certainly have.

JMO

JMO
Would you entertain the possibility that just maybe, the defense team might have asked PF, "Hey Patrick, did you write these notes while you were sitting in jail and didn't think to tell us about them?" Maybe PF then said, "Yea, guess I did, Yea, sure."

The defense doesn't have to prove anything including who wrote the letters. The entire burden is on the prosecution. I'm looking forward to closing arguments.

JMO
And they’ve more than met their burden. The fact that the defense didn’t make any effort to discredit the letters, tells us all we need to know.

The prosecution produced a mountain of evidence, and the defense made no effort to even call someone to attempt to refute it. It spoke for itself, as does their response.

Closing arguments should be fun, especially when it comes to the defense. I’m already laughing at the prospect of what they will claim.

And they’ve more than met their burden. The fact that the defense didn’t make any effort to discredit the letters, tells us all we need to know.

The prosecution produced a mountain of evidence, and the defense made no effort to even call someone to attempt to refute it. It spoke for itself, as does their response.

Closing arguments should be fun, especially when it comes to the defense. I’m already laughing at the prospect of what they will claim.
The defense has been on a sinking ship with no life jackets since the beginning of this trial. I'll say it again; the prosecution's trial strategy and execution has been absolutely masterful. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood