KK, please let us 'in': 3 important questions

I think you misunderstood the point of what I was trying to say. Probably my fault for not saying it well enough out of frustration. What I was trying to point out was the folly (in my mind anyway) of suggesting that someone with full knowledge of prior injuries from sexual molestation of their daughter would find her dead and then deliberately injure her again (and even more severely) in an attempt to obfuscate the past injuries. And then after inflicting the injury, clean up the obvious signs of it.

As to the prior molestation in which I said, "if they were even aware of it" -- I didn't mean to impugn the abilities of medical personnel in 1996. What I meant was that if the parents were aware of any past sexual explorations (and there are suggestions that Patsy at least was), they weren't necessarily aware that the extent of that sexual curiosity had gone beyond the "looking and comparing" stage, and therefore that it was something that would show up in an exam because of the extent of past injuries.

I will say, though, that the parents may not have known the extent of the "sexual exploration", (abuse) but they certainly WERE aware of the fact that something penetrated the vagina of JB that night that caused her to bleed enough for that blood to have been wiped away.
While I can envision BR having a part in the events of that horrible night, I do not see him doing ANY of the staging, particularly alone.

I will say, though, that the parents may not have known the extent of the "sexual exploration", (abuse) but they certainly WERE aware of the fact that something penetrated the vagina of JB that night that caused her to bleed enough for that blood to have been wiped away.
While I can envision BR having a part in the events of that horrible night, I do not see him doing ANY of the staging, particularly alone.

No disagreement there with anything you say, DD. I think you and I agree on most of the basics. It's only the finer points that we have different ideas -- but that's because of the things we don't have enough information on.

Basics:

• BR was the one who had begun molesting her, and the one who escalated it that night causing the acute vaginal injuries.
  • BR is the one who caused her death, during some type of sexual event.
  • JR and PR are the ones who altered the crime scene and invented the RN (with no assistance from BR on any of it). How much of the staging was witnessed by BR, or whether he was sent to his room and told to stay there while it was done, I don't know. All we can do is speculate about that. But we do know that he came in at least while the 911-call was being made.

Details:

• What object caused the skull fracture?
  • How did the ligature get on her neck, and how did it get tightened?
  • How did the ligature get moved on her neck (and by whom)?
  • What's with all the other ancillary injuries? How did they get there?
Of course, all this is based on what we know at this point. I would change my theory in a second if I learned something different. Indeed, as I have said before, I would love to be wrong. I wish it was an intruder -- especially a SFF. Who wants to think that a child was killed in her home by a family member?

C'mon, IDI's -- convince me!

No disagreement there with anything you say, DD. I think you and I agree on most of the basics. It's only the finer points that we have different ideas -- but that's because of the things we don't have enough information on.

Basics:

• BR was the one who had begun molesting her, and the one who escalated it that night causing the acute vaginal injuries.
  • BR is the one who caused her death, during some type of sexual event.
  • JR and PR are the ones who altered the crime scene and invented the RN (with no assistance from BR on any of it). How much of the staging was witnessed by BR, or whether he was sent to his room and told to stay there while it was done, I don't know. All we can do is speculate about that. But we do know that he came in at least while the 911-call was being made.

Details:

• What object caused the skull fracture?
  • How did the ligature get on her neck, and how did it get tightened?
  • How did the ligature get moved on her neck (and by whom)?
  • What's with all the other ancillary injuries? How did they get there?
Of course, all this is based on what we know at this point. I would change my theory in a second if I learned something different. Indeed, as I have said before, I would love to be wrong. I wish it was an intruder -- especially a SFF. Who wants to think that a child was killed in her home by a family member?

C'mon, IDI's -- convince me!

I have often said here that I would love to be wrong. I would hate to know that the last face JB saw was someone she loved hurting her.

I agree with pretty much all of your basics. The details, well they say the devil is in the details and in this case that is certainly true, literally as well as figuratively.
The bludgeon, to me, was the flashlight. It could have also been a golf club. I feel it was NOT a doorknob, bathtub, toilet or sink edge. MOO.
We know how the ligature got on her neck- someone tied it on an unconscious JB. We just don't know WHO. We also don't know who wiped her down and placed her in the wineceller. Of course, we may never know these things, but the way i see it is both parents' fibers intimately mixed into items ON THE BODY place them there. I see Patsy as having gotten the blanket from the basement dryer, where LHP last put it, and Patsy's forearm hair having been found on it place it in her hands, MOO. (had she not touched it AFTER laundering, the hair would have been washed away).
Not sure what you mean about the ligature getting "moved" on her neck. The autopsy established it did not move. It was circumferential, showing no movement up or down on her neck. There appears to be a single white mark from the ligature that is the result of blanching, and as she was dead when that particular piece of the cord was wound around her neck, the white mark remained.
The ancillary injuries are the most mysterious of all. The large bruise on her posterior (rear) right shoulder, visible in SOME crime photos, was probably made by someone kneeling or pressing against her as they tied and tightened the ligature. The strange circular parallel red "abrasions" are the biggest mystery to me. Unfortunately we will never know what made them- it is too late for forensic testing by now.
The vaginal bruises and injuries can have only one cause- molestation. We just don't know by who.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back