Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY dear az, if I was as hopeless as you are, I would certainly not be wasting my time on this or any other JBR site. Call it female intuition if you like, or call it delusions if you prefer, but this case is going to get solved. Brilliant minds like yours and DeeDee's don't just invest this kind of mental energy in lost causes; cold cases are not lost, just cold. This one is warming up, wait and see!

Just finished reading "A Little Girl's Dream: A JonBenet Ramsey Story". Found the reference on WS thread with materials about the case, and is one I had not read. It was written in 1998 by Eleanor Von Duyke, a leading pageant company business owner.

The book was written as a combo of fiction/fact, probably in order to get it printed without fearing repercussions from R lawyers. It got mixed reviews from Amazon readers, but I decided to order a used copy to see it there might be one simple thing that's long been overlooked.

I was stunned that the final outcome of this book, written so long ago, touts a BDI theory as the only reasonable acceptable answer, and with Kolar's book adding other info for us to point us to that thought, anyone who can look openly at a BDI theory might want to get a copy of this book also.
It's a quick, easy read, and yes, it does have editorial and content glitches as is reviewed, but on the overall, leads methodically to why we should consider a BDI theory. There is an option of BDI (the bash) with a parent being responsible for the ligature strangulation, and frankly, this is the theory that really does seem optional to me.

When you get to towards the end of the book, which lays out the BDI theory, you will discover a reveal of info that Kolar also put into his book that supports the BDI theory with more credibility than I had previously considered. Any other opinions from someone who has read the book?

Just finished reading "A Little Girl's Dream: A JonBenet Ramsey Story". Found the reference on WS thread with materials about the case, and is one I had not read. It was written in 1998 by Eleanor Von Duyke, a leading pageant company business owner.

The book was written as a combo of fiction/fact, probably in order to get it printed without fearing repercussions from R lawyers. It got mixed reviews from Amazon readers, but I decided to order a used copy to see it there might be one simple thing that's long been overlooked.

I was stunned that the final outcome of this book, written so long ago, touts a BDI theory as the only reasonable acceptable answer, and with Kolar's book adding other info for us to point us to that thought, anyone who can look openly at a BDI theory might want to get a copy of this book also.
It's a quick, easy read, and yes, it does have editorial and content glitches as is reviewed, but on the overall, leads methodically to why we should consider a BDI theory. There is an option of BDI (the bash) with a parent being responsible for the ligature strangulation, and frankly, this is the theory that really does seem optional to me.

When you get to towards the end of the book, which lays out the BDI theory, you will discover a reveal of info that Kolar also put into his book that supports the BDI theory with more credibility than I had previously considered. Any other opinions from someone who has read the book?

Midwest Mama, that was my reaction from Kolar's book as well.

MY dear az, if I was as hopeless as you are, I would certainly not be wasting my time on this or any other JBR site. Call it female intuition if you like, or call it delusions if you prefer, but this case is going to get solved. Brilliant minds like yours and DeeDee's don't just invest this kind of mental energy in lost causes; cold cases are not lost, just cold. This one is warming up, wait and see!

Hopeless? Wasting my time?

I can't agree I'm either.

Cases are discussed all the time even by people who are skeptical they will be solved. I don't think anyone thinks we will ever know the truth about JFK; yet everyone has an opinion on it. Just look at the popularity of conspiracies. JBR's case is frustrating because most of us think we know who was involved, but due to circumstances, it doesn't seem like anyone can be charged. TBH, I would be more optimistic about the case being solved if I believed an intruder was the killer. But I feel like our best chance at justice is just knowing the entire truth about that night; I'm not sure if anyone will ever spend time in jail. :/

Cases are discussed all the time even by people who are skeptical they will be solved. I don't think anyone thinks we will ever know the truth about JFK; yet everyone has an opinion on it. Just look at the popularity of conspiracies. JBR's case is frustrating because most of us think we know who was involved, but due to circumstances, it doesn't seem like anyone can be charged. TBH, I would be more optimistic about the case being solved if I believed an intruder was the killer. But I feel like our best chance at justice is just knowing the entire truth about that night; I'm not sure if anyone will ever spend time in jail. :/

IMO we will never know the truth about exactly what happened that night and this case will never be solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO we will never know the truth about exactly what happened that night and this case will never be solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in total agreement with you. I hope I am wrong.

Wow thats an interesting theory. I never thought PR did it. I'm not sure who did but it doesn't seem like her to me. I also don't place much stock in the handwriting analysis.... Its definitely not a science and a lot of people have similar handwriting... Just a few weeks ago at work I saw a scrap of paper in my co-workers office that I thought I had written. I was like "wow when did I write this?" because I didn't recognize it or the information written down... but it was in my writing... and it turned out he had written... but it looked EXACTLY like my writing. Also, people can never tell the difference between my and my husbands writing. So yeah, I don't put stock in handwriting analysis. I'm leaning toward an intruder (not sure if it was someone they knew, or someone who was stalking JBR). And I still think its possible it was John. I just don't think it was Patsy or Burke. I especially don't think it was Patsy. But maybe thats just because I'm a mother and it just doesn't feel possible.

Wow thats an interesting theory. I never thought PR did it. I'm not sure who did but it doesn't seem like her to me. I also don't place much stock in the handwriting analysis.... Its definitely not a science and a lot of people have similar handwriting... Just a few weeks ago at work I saw a scrap of paper in my co-workers office that I thought I had written. I was like "wow when did I write this?" because I didn't recognize it or the information written down... but it was in my writing... and it turned out he had written... but it looked EXACTLY like my writing. Also, people can never tell the difference between my and my husbands writing. So yeah, I don't put stock in handwriting analysis. I'm leaning toward an intruder (not sure if it was someone they knew, or someone who was stalking JBR). And I still think its possible it was John. I just don't think it was Patsy or Burke. I especially don't think it was Patsy. But maybe thats just because I'm a mother and it just doesn't feel possible.

That's how Casey Anthony got off. Even her lawyers know she killed her kid. Because Jurors couldn't believe a mother would do it. Tragic, really, that people go free based on that attitude.
If you haven't already, please go and look at the comparisons between Patsy handwriting and the note. You will see instantly that it is a perfect match. Look particularly at the letter "Q".
Handwriting analysis is used in court many times.

No i really believe that it someone who hated john and punishing him. And he/they did a good job. It might have been hired out so it was kind of sloppy, undecided etc..I cant find the link right now but the small DNA they did find inthe panties was the same dna they found on the bottoms. This is a facinating and eeri story that will forever haunt us. But i dont think the should of stopped there. I think they should have pulled records to all business men that hated john, they might have found more links. Rest in peace little one :,-(

I agree with you 100% about BR being completely uninvolved in this crime and it greatly troubles me to see the majority of people here dogpiling onto that theory. One theory of mine agrees with yours, which is that someone wanted revenge against JR for something JR had done (associated with his business) and that the murder of his daughter was it. Notice JR's behavior is very strange. I strongly suspect that he was involved in something illegal and he was being threatened by someone. What I am saying is that he was not really surprised by the death of his daughter, but he did not do it. It is like he was expecting something bad to happen, so when it did happen, he knew who was responsible and he also knew that he could never identify those people (because it would incriminate him, JR). So what does he do? He plays dumb and points toward an intruder that he knows does not exist.

IMO the people who killed JB were professionals. JR thought he and his family were safe but these people proved otherwise. They got to his daughter in his own home on Christmas night. If you make the wrong people mad, there are consequences. JR found that out. JR knows who killed his daughter and he knows why, but he will never admit it.

JR knows who killed his daughter and he knows why, but he will never admit it.

No brainer. But without any forensic evidence made public indicating the possibility of an Intruder, the stun gun theory being debunked by Kolar, and no dna matches found belonging to anyone outside of the family in over 16 years, the most incriminating evidence points to the family! :yes:

I also don't place much stock in the handwriting analysis.... Its definitely not a science and a lot of people have similar handwriting... Just a few weeks ago at work I saw a scrap of paper in my co-workers office that I thought I had written. I was like "wow when did I write this?" because I didn't recognize it or the information written down... but it was in my writing... and it turned out he had written... but it looked EXACTLY like my writing. Also, people can never tell the difference between my and my husbands writing. So yeah, I don't put stock in handwriting analysis.

Two things:

1) My understanding is that the biggest problem with handwriting science is that too many of those in the field are more interested in group-think and maintaining the status quo (ie, their contracts) than they are in making honest findings. That's why so many of them are either quitting or not bothering to join up.

2) This certainly isn't the first time I've heard the notion that someone else could have handwriting that looks like Patsy's. But, even if I accept that premise, it's a question of probabilities. More specifically, the odds that someone from outside the house would have handwriting so similar to someone INSIDE the house that probably THE best analyst couldn't tell the difference.

I especially don't think it was Patsy. But maybe thats just because I'm a mother and it just doesn't feel possible.

[quoteDeeDee249]That's how Casey Anthony got off. Even her lawyers know she killed her kid. Because Jurors couldn't believe a mother would do it. Tragic, really, that people go free based on that attitude.[/quote]

Sadly, DD is quite correct, as I've tried to point out on previous occasions.

I especially don't think it was Patsy. But maybe thats just because I'm a mother and it just doesn't feel possible.

Spring24, please read the following for the truth about people --

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8682476&postcount=72"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8682476&postcount=72[/ame]

The 3 B's: BR, baseball bat, basement.

(Still haven't changed my mind)

Good to see you posting again!

I'm still on the fence as to who did what but if you have time could you tell why you think the Ramseys wanted to keep this case in the limelight? After all these years John Ramsey still keeps bringing it up through interviews, a book and book signings, long after the press let it die down.

I assume one or both adult Ramseys believed they were so astute they could parlay media information into making the public forever believe an Intruder did it. :waitasec: Seems to me that letting sleeping dogs lie would have been a better plan if Burke actually did it.

TIA

I'm still on the fence as to who did what but if you have time could you tell why you think the Ramseys wanted to keep this case in the limelight? After all these years John Ramsey still keeps bringing it up through interviews, a book and book signings, long after the press let it die down.

I assume one or both adult Ramseys believed they were so astute they could parlay media information into making the public forever believe an Intruder did it. :waitasec: Seems to me that letting sleeping dogs lie would have been a better plan if Burke actually did it.

TIA

$$$. It's not like some brief coverage for the case is going to get him arrested. He "got through" the media frenzy of the 90s; he can "get through" a brief media blitz for a week or two. It's not like the MSM media is going to criticize or question him. Besides, this will always be an infamous case, whether John talks to the media or not.

(I think I counted 4 B's there.) :waitasec: Never realized before just how many B's might be associated here. Let's see... Bloomies, blood, bruises, Bennett... I'm sure there are more.

TIA

Hi BOESP, thank you, I'm glad to be back!

IMHO only, I think JR is the cat on the window ledge, licking the cream from his mustache and paws. Not only did the R's manage to 'buy' their defense, but have made a killing on it besides.

If the R's HAD let sleeping dogs lie, they wouldn't have had the need to write their previous book, go on all the talk shows they did, or sue several publications in regards to Burke while all the while threaten so many more on their own cases.

The R's had something to prove. Just don't disagree with them, however, or Lin Wood would come breathe fire down your neck and try to sue you for all that you're worth.

The R's were either the smartest stagers in history, or complete idiots who got over the moon lucky.

(I think I counted 4 B's there.) :waitasec: Never realized before just how many B's might be associated here. Let's see... Bloomies, blood, bruises, Bennett... I'm sure there are more.

:what:I told you I worked all night and hadn't been to bed yet. :floorlaugh:

Thanks for making me laugh!!

Oh yes.... Have I told you how much I hate those god awful bloomies??!!

$$$. It's not like some brief coverage for the case is going to get him arrested. He "got through" the media frenzy of the 90s; he can "get through" a brief media blitz for a week or two. It's not like the MSM media is going to criticize or question him. Besides, this will always be an infamous case, whether John talks to the media or not.

Thanks eileehawkeye. I agree with the money angle but what I don't understand is why bring up something that can cause your son to be brought under scrutiny? I understand Burke can't be prosecuted but what parent would do that to their child -- put that child under the microscope again. Even if he can't be charged he knows he did it (if Burke did, indeed, do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley