KS - 3 Cowley Co Sheriff’s Officers wounded, female shooter dead, 15 Apr 2022

perfectingpink

Reaction score
3 Cowley County deputies shot, injured N. of Winfield, suspect dead

Update: All three Cowley County sheriff’s deputies who were injured during a shooting north of Winfield are expected to recover. The Cowley County Sheriff’s Office reported two of the deputies are in “good” condition at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita and could soon be released. The third deputy had more serious injuries, but that deputy is also expected to be okay, the sheriff’s office said.

[...]

Three injured, one dead after officer-involved shooting

[...]

At approximately 11:45 a.m. Cowley County Sheriff’s Department Deputies were dispatched to reports of a suspicious person in the area of US 77 and 122 nd Road north of Winfield.

When deputies attempted to make contact with the suspect gunshots were fired resulting in injuries to three deputies.

[...]

I experienced the scariest few seconds of my life when I received a phone call from my son about this shooting. He informed me my brother was not at the scene, although his men were. Please keep Cowley in your thoughts and prayers.

I experienced the scariest few seconds of my life when I received a phone call from my son about this shooting. He informed me my brother was not at the scene, although his men were. Please keep Cowley in your thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad your brother was not at the scene. WOW, a woman unloads on 3 officers. I'm curious why LE was called in the 1st place to check her vehicle out.

I'm glad your brother was not at the scene. WOW, a woman unloads on 3 officers. I'm curious why LE was called in the 1st place to check her vehicle out.

I am assuming she had just passed through Windfield which is a very small town so it would not be as easy to hide empairment, multiple passes by a home etc.

ETA: Cowley County also has a horrible meth problem.

3 Cowley County deputies shot, injured N. of Winfield, suspect dead

[...]
Preliminary information indicates that deputies from the Cowley County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call at approximately 11:45 a.m. reporting a suspicious vehicle.” the KBI explained in tge Friday evening news release. “They began searching for the reported black Jeep Liberty, and at approximately 12:10 p.m. deputies radioed that they had located the vehicle north of Winfield, Kansas. It was parked a quarter-mile west of U.S. Highway 77 on 122nd Road.”

The three deputies approached the SUV and contacted the driver. The woman behind the wheel did not comply with deputies’ commands to get out of the vehicle, the KBI said. When the deputies tried to remove her from the SUV, the woman pulled out a handgun and shots were exchanged.

[...]

WOW! @perfectingpink , good report on the deputies but prayers going up!

upload_2022-4-16_7-10-25.jpeg
image from stickershoppe.com

I'm a Jayhawk, and remember a very sweet girl from Winfield in the dorm!

And, a close friend's sister is a Johnnie, graduated from St. John's College in Winfield.

Apparently Winfield has changed since the 1970's. (Yes, our world, not just Winfield.)

In the 1870's, residents tried to accelerate growth & encourage settlement by plowing a furrow from the state line to Winfield, starting at a road that led to Wichita. They posted signs reading "Follow the Furrow to Winfield."

jmho ymmv lrr

WOW! @perfectingpink , good report on the deputies but prayers going up!

View attachment 340089
image from stickershoppe.com

I'm a Jayhawk, and remember a very sweet girl from Winfield in the dorm!

And, a close friend's sister is a Johnnie, graduated from St. John's College in Winfield.

Apparently Winfield has changed since the 1970's. (Yes, our world, not just Winfield.)

In the 1870's, residents tried to accelerate growth & encourage settlement by plowing a furrow from the state line to Winfield, starting at a road that led to Wichita. They posted signs reading "Follow the Furrow to Winfield."

jmho ymmv lrr

Very interesting! I do think Winfield is much better than Ark City and some other smaller areas. (I was born in Winfield so of course it would be. :D)

Suspect identified in deadly Cowley Co. officer-involved shooting, 2 deputies released from hospital

The newest information from the KBI says the woman killed in the officer-involved shooting Friday afternoon has been identified as 32-year-old Andrea Barrow, of Arkansas City, Kansas.

One Cowley County Sheriff’s deputy is still recovering at Wesley Medical Center, the KBI says he is now in good condition. The two other deputies have been released from the hospital and are recovering at home.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back