GUILTY KS - 5 yr old murdered, 1 yr old injured, Lawrence, 3 Aug 2018

The body of a 5-year-old child was recovered from the Kansas River on Saturday morning after rescue crews continued their search following a Friday afternoon incident that left a car in the river near downtown Lawrence.

The Lawrence Police Department said the child is thought to be the third and final passenger of the vehicle that was submerged in the river just west of the Kansas River bridges near Sixth and Vermont streets in downtown Lawrence.

On Friday, a 1-year-old and an adult female were rescued from the river scene. The vehicle they were thought to be in also was pulled from the river by search and recovery crews. The search and recovery operations were suspended Friday evening and resumed on Saturday morning.

Body of 5-year-old recovered from Kansas River scene

This was the day before when they were trying to recover the people from the car. Still no explanation as to how she got the car into the water. There is not a road that people are supposed to be driving on down by the river. The road down there is for maintenance people only and not real close to the river. I am sure we will hear more as the days progress.

AWRENCE, Kan. -- Investigators are still trying to determine why the driver of a car plunged into the Kansas River on Friday afternoon, but police have arrested a woman after divers pulled a 5-year-old girl from the river on Saturday morning. Scharron Renea Dingledine, 26, is under arrest pending first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder charges.

Police say Dingledine's daughter was the child pulled from the river, and her 1-year-old son remains hospitalized.

Woman arrested, facing murder charge after divers recover 5-year-old’s body from Kansas River

My brother graduated from their medical school, KU's, in Kansas City. This accident is just by downtown Lawrence, just over from the end of Mass Street at the bridge. It's not tricky, or wasn't years ago. She must have just driven right in.

My brother graduated from their medical school, KU's, in Kansas City. This accident is just by downtown Lawrence, just over from the end of Mass Street at the bridge. It's not tricky, or wasn't years ago. She must have just driven right in.
Kansas school of medicine is in Kansas City. Kansas University is in Lawrence, KS where this event occurred.

Mother rescued from river in Lawrence accused of murdering 5-year-old, police say

Scharron Renea Dingledine, 26, of Columbia is in custody in the Douglas County Jail without bond, Lawrence police said Saturday.

“We are not calling the individual a ‘murderer,’” Capt. Trent McKinley said when asked for details. “We are merely relating the charges she has been arrested on.”

He did not respond to follow-up questions seeking details on why the woman was arrested on charges of murder.

Could be, or psychosis. Did Susan Smith try to kill herself, too or just her children?
I think Susan Smith was having an affair with a guy who didn't want children, but it's been a long time since I read about it. I might be remembering wrong. No, she didn't try to kill herself. She said she was carjacked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back