KS KS - Angela Green, 51, Prairie Village, 19 Jun 2019 - reported missing in Feb 2020

People Magazine (April 11, 2022 issue, Pages 84-87) has done a 4 page piece about Angela's case and interviewed her daughter, Ellie.

"Geoff Green did not respond to People's requests for interviews, and his attorney Paul Cramm refused People's call asking for comment. Both have previously declined to speak publicly."

"Johnson County prosecuter, Steve Howe says authorities have no suspect in the case."

-Page 85

"She says Geoff has changed the locks at home and refuses to give his daughter her belongings, even a childhood teddy bear collection."

-Page 86

"Detective Sgt. Adam Taylor says police have tracked nearly 200 leads and have executed three search warrants, two including cadaver dogs, on properties belonging to Geoff, who has so far refused to speak to authorities."

"I don't understand it, says Geoff's sister Amanda Green, who hasn't spoken to her brother in two years because of his lack of cooperation in the case."

-Page 87

Attachments

• 20220401_124531~2.jpg
    20220401_124531~2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I don't know if I heard anything new, other than I didn't know that Ellie had half siblings through her dad from a first marriage. It would be interesting to hear their impressions of this situation and of their dad in general

I don't know if I heard anything new, other than I didn't know that Ellie had half siblings through her dad from a first marriage. It would be interesting to hear their impressions of this situation and of their dad in general
Thanks for the update. The siblings are news to me. I don't know why I believed the dad met Angela when he was serving overseas(?).

Indeed!

Wonder how they felt when he remarried? And about his choice of bride, and about their little half-sister.

jmho ymmv lrr

For nearly three years, the mysterious case of Angela Green has remained unsolved. But on Monday police stepped up their search for answers.

At age 51, the Prairie Village mother, a former elegant model in her native China, vanished in June 2019, as her husband, Geoffrey Green, reportedly told their daughter a series of tales about her whereabouts. Angela Green had a nervous breakdown, was hospitalized, but then died of a stroke, the shocked daughter, then at the University of Kansas, said her father told her.

No, she has run away, he reportedly said later.

More at https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article260983857.html

From the link:

"Something that may have seen insignificant at the time could be crucial in aiding this investigation," police said.

Green was 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weighed 116 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

I was not envisioning a very tall slender woman so glad to know this. She would be noticed!

It seems to be very obvious who made Angela disappear.

It will probably take a few years for charges to be laid as he had 8 months start and could have spent the whole time covering his tracks.

They will eventually get him though.

Last edited:
MAR 2, 2023

PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kan. (WDAF) — The daughter of a missing Prairie Village woman hopes new attention will help discover what happened to her mother.

Steve Ridge, a private investigator from Iowa, is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to information about what happened to Angela Green.

Ridge says he’s interviewed dozens of family members, neighbors and friends who may have information about what happened to Green, even if they don’t realize it.

MAR 3, 2023
[...]

Ridge’s work on the Green case is pro bono​

• Ridge said he learned about the case after it received national attention and heard that Green’s family was fundraising for a private investigator.
  • He said he’s been to Kansas City multiple times in the last two years to speak with neighbors and friends and been to the family’s Prairie Village and Lawrence properties, as well as the storage lot in Olathe where Angela’s husband, Geoffrey Green, kept vehicles.
  • Ridge said he got his private investigator license three-and-a-half years ago and exclusively takes on murder or missing person cases where there is a presumed murder — all pro bono.
  • The most prominent case he’s worked on, he said, is that of Jodi Huisentruit, a young news anchor who was abducted while on her way to work in 1995.
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back