KS - Brianna Ibarra, 13, passenger in stolen vehicle, Wichita, 6 February 2021 *Graphic warning*

That monster had to know she was in the car either before he got in the car or just seconds after he got into the vehicle. He had many chances to stop. In my mind that is 1st Degree Murder. By not stopping, what he did was intentional. JMO.
Heart-breaking. Beautiful girl. People loved her.

Info:

Capital punishment is currently a legal penalty in the U.S. state of Kansas, although it has not been used since 1965.

Capital punishment in Kansas - Wikipedia

Poor girl. I can’t imagine the horrible pain she was in while she was being dragged for miles. He knew he was dragging her and he stopped and ran! I hope they throw a kidnapping charge at him, too.
Actually, the kidnapping charge is why he's being charged with "Suspicion Of Felony Murder".
I'm sure that charge will be changed to "Felony Murder". once they gather and process the evidence like his DNA in the vehicle etc.
"Felony Murder" ( aka Aggravated Murder, Capitol Murder,) meets certain criteria above "First Degree Murder."

One of those defining examples would be a death resulting during the commission of a felony.
In this case, that is "Kidnapping". More examples would be during a robbery, or if a cop gets shot.

In this case, (since 1994) if it's proven that his intention was to commit a sex crime with this girl after he kidnapped her, because she is under 14, he could be charged with "Capitol Murder" and receive the death penalty, although Kansas hasn't executed anyone since 1965.

Candle Vigil One Year After Death Of 13-Year-Old Brianna Ibarra

Published: Feb. 6, 2022

"Police say 34-year-old Kevin Palmer stole the Ibarra family’s SUV from a restaurant parking lot while members of the family were inside getting food. Brianna stayed in the backseat of the car. She was dragged while trying to get out of the car and escape. Family and friends gathered at her grave Sunday evening."

"Palmer was charged with first-degree murder and theft."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back