Recovered/Located KS - Deputy Derick Chandler, 29, Sedgwick County, 12 August 2019 *extradited from Hungary*

perfectingpink

Reaction score
BBM:

https://www.facebook.com/SedgwickCo...67552129483/10157490554339483/?type=3&theater

68440244_10157490554344483_2768813996659179520_n.png

The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating Deputy Derick A. Chandler, a white male, 29 years of age. Chandler went missing yesterday after being identified as a suspect in a case jointly investigated by the Wellington Police Department and the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office. Chandler is listed as a missing person and is wanted for questioning in a felony investigation. We believe he may be a harm to himself or others.

Chandler was possibly seen early Monday morning, August 12, 2019, in Wichita driving a 2015 Dodge Charger, white in color with a black stripe. There is a 60-day temporary tag on the vehicle.

If anyone sees him, citizens should call 911 and report the location to their local law enforcement agency. Citizens should not take any action themselves.

Questions concerning the criminal investigation will be referred to the Wellington Police Department and the Summer County Sheriff’s Office.

Another article:

Authorities search for Sedgwick County deputy wanted in felony case

has some more info:

<snip>"We have the report of some concern for some off-duty misconduct that supposedly has occurred in our community," Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath said."

<snip>"A search of Sumner County court records shows Chandler was charged in July 2013 with felony child abuse and aggravated battery, but those charges were dismissed several months later."<snip>

AUG 13, 2019
Sources: Wanted Sedgwick County deputy is accused of child sex crimes
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in locating a 29-year-old deputy who was reported missing after he was named a suspect in a child sex case.

The sheriff's office says Derick A. Chandler went missing Monday and is wanted in a case investigated by Wellington police and the Summer County Sheriff’s Office. Law enforcement sources tell KAKE News Chandler is accused of sex crimes involving a 13-year-old Wellington girl.

[...]

A search of Sumner County court records shows Chandler was charged in July 2013 with felony child abuse and aggravated battery, but those charges were dismissed several months later.

He was hired as a detention deputy in October of 2017 and transferred to road patrol in July of 2018.

AUG 13, 2019
Sources: Wanted Sedgwick County deputy is accused of child sex crimes
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in locating a 29-year-old deputy who was reported missing after he was named a suspect in a child sex case.

The sheriff's office says Derick A. Chandler went missing Monday and is wanted in a case investigated by Wellington police and the Summer County Sheriff’s Office. Law enforcement sources tell KAKE News Chandler is accused of sex crimes involving a 13-year-old Wellington girl.

[...]

A search of Sumner County court records shows Chandler was charged in July 2013 with felony child abuse and aggravated battery, but those charges were dismissed several months later.

He was hired as a detention deputy in October of 2017 and transferred to road patrol in July of 2018.

Dang, didn't see that coming. Hope they find him quickly.

Another article:

has some more info:

<snip>"We have the report of some concern for some off-duty misconduct that supposedly has occurred in our community," Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath said."

<snip>"A search of Sumner County court records shows Chandler was charged in July 2013 with felony child abuse and aggravated battery, but those charges were dismissed several months later."<snip>
I hope they catch him soon. Crazy how he got a job working for the police after being charged before with child abuse and aggravated battery- while it was dismissed, it makes you wonder why.

So the 2013 charges that were dismissed are separate/older & the case of the 13 year old Wellington girl is a new/different case in which he was just named as a suspect as well?

Am I understanding this correctly?
That's the way I understand it. And, I know the 2013 charges were dismissed, but I am still surprised that he was hired as a detention officer after that. MOO

Another article:

has some more info:

Wow! I know a lot of people in LE and never ever heard of something like this, where someone was charged (even though the charges were dismissed) and was hired. My dept would probably pass you by if you had a underage drinking ticket at some point in your youth. This is quite shocking, at least to me.

Wow! I know a lot of people in LE and never ever heard of something like this, where someone was charged (even though the charges were dismissed) and was hired. My dept would probably pass you by if you had a underage drinking ticket at some point in your youth. This is quite shocking, at least to me.
I knew of a great guy who couldn't get into the police department because of a speeding ticket when he was 16. A speeding ticket!

This article was updated at 9:25 a.m. today:

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article233950542.html

From the article:

<snip>"Heath said authorities think Chandler might be a danger to himself or others because Chandler took several guns from the Wellington home where he lives when he was there on Aug. 7. That was the last day Chandler was in contact with his family members living in the town, Heath said."<snip>

It also says the investigation of Chandler started Sunday night after complaints against him were made.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back