GUILTY KS - Evan Brewer, 3, Wichita, 6 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amy Renee Leiker‏ @AmyReneeLeiker
Amy Renee Leiker Retweeted Amy Renee Leiker

'Jurors, by the way, came back with their verdict at 9:05 a.m. this morning. They got the case after closings arguments ended yesterday at 3:45 p.m.'

Amy Renee Leiker on Twitter

Yes, I knew it was QUICK! Probably went in to deliberations yesterday - voted & came back this morning - voted again - probably all unanimous Guilty!! I mean - this was not a hard case to judge with the evidence they had!

Evan Brewer’s mom may have changed her mind on whether she is guilty in his murder

After agreeing this past spring to plead guilty to a less serious charge in exchange for her testimony about her 3-year-old son’s murder, Miranda Miller may have changed her mind about her guilt.

In a hand-written motion for a new attorney, filed Monday, Miller said she was seeking a new defense lawyer because he “has it in his mind that I’m guilty therefore he has not helped me fight my case.” Her motion was dated Nov. 13.

Miller faces a hearing at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday before Sedgwick County District Court Judge Steve Ternes. The District Attorney’s Office sent out an email Tuesday afternoon to announce the hearing. District attorney’s spokesman Dan Dillon said he couldn’t comment on the reason for the hearing.

Evan Brewer’s mom may have changed her mind on whether she is guilty in his murder

Wednesday, Nov. 28th:
*Pro Se Motion Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - KS – Evan Brewer (3) (July 7, 2017, Wichita; found encased in concrete Sept. 2, 2017) – only for *Miranda R. Miller (36) “mom” charged (11/7/17) with aggravated interference with child custody; on 12/5/17 charged with 1st degree murder & felony child abuse; plead not guilty. $500K bond.
4/16/18 update Miller took plea deal – plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, abuse & aggravate endangerment of child. A plea agreement with prosecutors that will put her behind bars for 27-and-a-half years in exchange for testifying against Bodine. No sentencing date available.
11/13/18 Defense motion filed for new attorney; wants to change her plea. Hearing on 11/28
*Stephen M. Bodine (40) (BF) indicted (12/5/17) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder & 1 count of felony child abuse & 1 count of aggravated child endangerment & 1 count of aggravated kidnapping. Indicted (11/7/17) with 1 count of aggravated assault & interference with parental custody & criminal damage to property (against Evan’s father); plead not guilty; $500K bond.
10/24/18 Update Day 8 of trial: Verdict: Guilty on all counts first-degree murder, abuse abuse of a child first-degree murder, endangerment aggravated endangerment of a child aggravated kidnapping, interference aggravated kidnapping, terrorize aggravated assault criminal damage to property. Sentencing is Dec. 17 at 9am.

Last edited:

After agreeing this past spring to plead guilty to a less serious charge in exchange for her testimony about her 3-year-old son’s murder, Miranda Miller may have changed her mind about her guilt.

In a hand-written motion for a new attorney, filed Monday, Miller said she was seeking a new defense lawyer because he “has it in his mind that I’m guilty therefore he has not helped me fight my case.” Her motion was dated Nov. 13.

Miller faces a hearing at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday before Sedgwick County District Court Judge Steve Ternes. The District Attorney’s Office sent out an email Tuesday afternoon to announce the hearing. District attorney’s spokesman Dan Dillon said he couldn’t comment on the reason for the hearing.

she can rot.

Monday, Dec. 17th:
*Sentencing (@ 9am CT) - KS – Evan Brewer (3) (July 7, 2017, Wichita; found encased in concrete Sept. 2, 2017) – *Stephen M. Bodine (40) (BF) indicted (12/5/17) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder & 1 count of felony child abuse & 1 count of aggravated child endangerment & 1 count of aggravated kidnapping. Indicted (11/7/17) with 1 count of aggravated assault & interference with parental custody & criminal damage to property (against Evan’s father); plead not guilty; $500K bond.
10/24/18 Update Day 8 of trial: Verdict: Guilty on all counts first-degree murder, abuse abuse of a child first-degree murder, endangerment aggravated endangerment of a child aggravated kidnapping, interference aggravated kidnapping, terrorize aggravated assault criminal damage to property. Sentencing is Dec. 17.
*Miranda R. Miller (36) “mom” charged (11/7/17) with aggravated interference with child custody; on 12/5/17 charged with 1st degree murder & felony child abuse; plead not guilty. $500K bond.
4/16/18 update Miller took plea deal – plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, abuse & aggravate endangerment of child. A plea agreement with prosecutors that will put her behind bars for 27-and-a-half years in exchange for testifying against Bodine.
11/13/18 Defense motion filed for new attorney; wants to change her plea. Hearing on 11/28.
11/28/18 Update: Plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, child abuse & aggravated endangerment. Sentencing will be on 1/14/19. Bare minimum sentence is 25 years in prison.

Also on docket today:

DEFENDANT TIME HEARING TYPE/RESULT CASE
Osburn Knetsch Alice

Motion for New Trial
12/17/18 9:00 am 2017-CR-003476-FE
and Judgment of Acquittal
Bodine Stephen M
Criminal Bench Trial - Control Only 12/17/18 9:00

GOOD!!

JUSTICE for EVAN!

upload_2018-12-18_21-29-40.jpeg

may they both rot in prison....