KS KS - Ginger May Hudson, 33, Pittsburg, 19 Aug 1993

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Ginger May Hudson[/h]
  • ginger_may_hudson_1.jpg
  • ginger_may_hudson_2.jpg
  • ginger_may_hudson_3.jpg
Hudson, circa 1993

• Missing Since 08/19/1993
  • Missing From Pittsburg, Kansas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 05/29/1960 (57)
  • Age 33 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 148 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt and dark-colored shorts.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Auburn hair, hazel eyes. Hudson has a surgical scar on the inside of her bottom lip.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Hudson was last seen by a city employee and neighbor at 3:30 p.m. on August 19, 1993, outside her mobile home an eighth of a mile north of 560th Avenue on 180th Street in rural Pittsburg, Kansas.

When her husband arrived home at 7:30 p.m., he realized she was missing. All of personal belongings were left behind. He reported her missing just before midnight that same day, after searching the property and telephoning friends to ask where she was.

Hudson has never been heard from again. She has four children. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/ginger-may-hudson

http://missinggingerhudson.blogspot.com/

cache.php

Newspaper article found on Ancestry.com

Missing Ginger[/URL]
A different account of what happened.
Written by Ginger's daughter
In August 1993, the nightmare began. Or maybe I just woke up to reality. It was a Wednesday night, just after dark when my mom pulled into the gravel driveway of my dad's house, where my older and younger brother, younger sister, and I spent half our time those days. My mom used to live there, but that was before she got a boyfriend. That night, as everyone else took their time loading up their little kid arms and telling our mother the usual goodbye, I ran inside the house to put down my backpack. When I hurried outside again, I found my mother crying in her parked car. I was puzzled, but she told me that she only thought I was not going to say goodbye. After what I thought to be our normal hug & kiss, I went back inside the house. That night when my mother drove out of our driveway, she drove out of our lives. She was last seen at her home on Thursday, wearing a white sleeveless shirt and dark colored shorts. That Friday, when I heard the news, a part of me said to cry and scream for my mother, but the other part, the part I listened to, said to stay calm and wait.
I had no way of knowing I would be waiting for years. Whatever happened to my mother that Thursday caused her to leave behind not only her material belongings, like her purse and her car, but also her most prized possessions, her children, whom she loved more than anything else in the world. I often think, if only there had been something, something that would have been able to lead us to what happened, anything at all, as long as it revealed at least a small amount of the truth. Such a thing was never found though, and every unanswerable question was left unanswered.

---Originally written for an 8th grade English essay assignment. It was 1997 and I was 13. On the day I turned in my rough draft, my English teacher came across the hall to find me in my Science class just so she could give me a hug and to tell me that she loved it! This was the first time I had ever written about what had happened, but my English teacher's reaction meant the world to me and this is what inspired me to keep writing!
Thank you Ms. Rhodes!!!

Posted by Jodi Marie at 12:54 PM

Last edited:
The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Ginger's Disappearance.
I feel for her children.
Ginger's boyfriend at the time can't stick to the same story. IMO he knows exactly what happened to Ginger.

<iframe src="Ginger Hudson" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

On the afternoon of August 19, 1993, 33-year-old Ginger May Hudson was outside her home in Pittsburg, Kansas enjoying a soak in the tub in her yard after work. She was seen by a city employee with some newspapers reporting that the witness was also a neighbor, and that’s why he recognized Ginger. The witness reported seeing her around 3:30 PM. Several hours later, her boyfriend returned home, and Ginger was not there, but all of her personal belongings were left behind. He would later tell police that he didn’t call them until nearly midnight because he had been busy searching on his own and calling friends and relatives to see if they were with Ginger, but Ginger has never been seen or heard from again.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Ginger Hudson, please call the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office at 620-724-8274.

1675699659011.png1675699671111.png

KBI asks for public’s help in missing person cold case from 1993

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — Saturday marks 30 years since the disappearance of Ginger May Hudson, and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation is asking for the public’s help.

A news release from the KBI says Hudson was 33 when she went missing from Pittsburg on Aug. 19, 1993. She was last seen by a neighbor around 3:30 p.m. outside her mobile home, which sat one-eighth of a mile north of 560th Avenue on 180th Street in Pittsburg.

The KBI says when Hudson’s boyfriend arrived home around 7:30 p.m., she was gone, but all her belongings had been left behind.

Hudson is a white woman who was 5-foot-4 and weighed approximately 150 pounds. She had auburn hair, hazel eyes and a surgical scar on the inside of her bottom lip. Today, Hudson would be 63 years old.

The KBI says foul play is suspected in her disappearance. Hudson had four young children, and it would be unlike her to abruptly leave.

“We urge anyone who knows even the slightest detail related to Ginger’s disappearance to contact the KBI at 1-800-KS-CRIME, or the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office at 620-724-8274. Information can also be submitted anonymously by clicking here.

Bump for Ginger

4 Unidentified Person Exclusions
1723216639802.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members