KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

Was looking to see if any new news re Lori Heimer and found the following. I doubt they are any way connected but....interesting none the less. I'd like to know more about her dogs

Was looking to see if any new news re Lori Heimer and found the following. I doubt they are any way connected but....interesting none the less. I'd like to know more about her dogs

Spainhour was arrested for murdering his girlfriend. I’ve never heard of any connections to him and Lori.

Just trying to keep this case alive. Glad to see you responded. Is there anything new you've heard?
I've heard nothing new, and I keep my ears open because I live just a few miles away from Lori's house in a rural setting much like hers.

This is just my opinion, but I think the Saline County Sheriff's Dept. dropped the ball. I think the case was too much for them, and they didn't want to admit they had no leads, so they hushed up and wouldn't talk to anyone. They had the opportunity to have the case on a national crime show, but they wouldn't cooperate or release their evidence. A heck of a lot of good that did. The case just went cold.

I still strongly suspect Lori's death could be related to the man many of us saw along Highway 81 in the couple of weeks prior to her death. I called both the Sheriff's Dept and the KBI and reported him. Many of my neighbors reported him as well, but no one ever came out to do a sketch. It was like they wanted to focus on Lori's husband, although he was with others at the time harvesting the wheat crop.

The county to the south -- McPherson Co -- put out a BOLO for the guy based on the description of many who called in, but other than claiming they were working hard (to the media), the Saline Sheriff's Dept did very little MOO.

About a year ago, I heard about a group of citizens from Assaria who discussed reopening the investigation themselves, doing interviews with neighbors and putting out fliers for the public to offer information, but I don't know if it ever got off the ground. I haven't heard anything since.

And, it's too bad because, while I didn't personally know Lori, many around here did and no one deserves to be slaughtered in their own home like that.

I've heard nothing new, and I keep my ears open because I live just a few miles away from Lori's house in a rural setting much like hers.

This is just my opinion, but I think the Saline County Sheriff's Dept. dropped the ball. I think the case was too much for them, and they didn't want to admit they had no leads, so they hushed up and wouldn't talk to anyone. They had the opportunity to have the case on a national crime show, but they wouldn't cooperate or release their evidence. A heck of a lot of good that did. The case just went cold.

I still strongly suspect Lori's death could be related to the man many of us saw along Highway 81 in the couple of weeks prior to her death. I called both the Sheriff's Dept and the KBI and reported him. Many of my neighbors reported him as well, but no one ever came out to do a sketch. It was like they wanted to focus on Lori's husband, although he was with others at the time harvesting the wheat crop.

The county to the south -- McPherson Co -- put out a BOLO for the guy based on the description of many who called in, but other than claiming they were working hard (to the media), the Saline Sheriff's Dept did very little MOO.

About a year ago, I heard about a group of citizens from Assaria who discussed reopening the investigation themselves, doing interviews with neighbors and putting out fliers for the public to offer information, but I don't know if it ever got off the ground. I haven't heard anything since.

And, it's too bad because, while I didn't personally know Lori, many around here did and no one deserves to be slaughtered in their own home like that.

Salina PD and the KBI didn't really release much information. Focus on the husband imo would be justified because he was the last person to see her alive when he went home for lunch, made himself a sandwich, filled his water bottle and returned to the field. However, I never read where he was ever being considered and always wondered why....unless evidence clearly showed an unknown attacker.

This thread was "bombed" a few years back by some unknown posters. They too insinuated family involvement. Whoever they were, they appeared to be familiar with the case (former law enforcement?). The thread was quickly shut down and these "members" were banned from WS. Shortly after that," the public Lori Heimer thread" went private.

There has been no mention of DNA left by the attacker. The big KBI van was there soon after the murder to process the scene. There was crime tape surrounding a barn as well as the house.

As far as the unknown male that residents saw along Highway 81, why hasn't more of that been released or talked about by family and LE?

The Attorney General technically supervises all law enforcement in a state:

Perhaps that office would listen to you & your neighbors?

Taxpayers, voters, should have a say...imho.
Kobach only listens to Kobach and the Koch brothers sadly
He’ll be absolutely no help

Salina PD and the KBI didn't really release much information. Focus on the husband imo would be justified because he was the last person to see her alive when he went home for lunch, made himself a sandwich, filled his water bottle and returned to the field. However, I never read where he was ever being considered and always wondered why....unless evidence clearly showed an unknown attacker.

This thread was "bombed" a few years back by some unknown posters. They too insinuated family involvement. Whoever they were, they appeared to be familiar with the case (former law enforcement?). The thread was quickly shut down and these "members" were banned from WS. Shortly after that," the public Lori Heimer thread" went private.

There has been no mention of DNA left by the attacker. The big KBI van was there soon after the murder to process the scene. There was crime tape surrounding a barn as well as the house.

As far as the unknown male that residents saw along Highway 81, why hasn't more of that been released or talked about by family and LE?

Law enforcement- perhaps it's standard practice- seized control of LH's husband's farm until they officially cleared him and then released it back to him. Are you on the daughter's Facebook page? She mentions that.

I was late to this thread, but Lori's murder was how I found Websleuths, and then I just kind of stayed. LOL, I think that happens with a lot of us.

To answer your question -- I wish I knew why LE hasn't released more about the guy on 81. I am aware of four people who reported him (myself included). But, nothing came of it. I do think LE might have mentioned him to the daughters, however, since one expressed anger at one point at all the "theories," which included the possibility of a serial killer.

I've read through this thread, but I'm guessing the offensive posts were removed before I got here. That's too bad someone felt the need to do that. Is there a "private" thread I'm missing? If so, I'd like to join it.

But maybe that's behind the stall of Lori's case--LE wanting to pin it on a family member and ignoring the other angles? I really don't know, so I can't say. But, one of the people who reported the guy on 81 is a family member of mine who is in law enforcement, but still, there was no action from the KBI or Salina Sheriff's Dept. So much for a thin blue line, huh?

About a week after the killing, I came across a fairly new adult bicycle hidden in tall weeds near Meadow Lark trail (McPherson County), and I reported it. It was probably just a stolen bike, but no one ever claimed it, and (according to my family member in LE) one of the deputies took it home.

That's okay, but everyone was wondering how the killer (if it was the 81 guy) might have gotten around if he was the culprit, and I said, maybe you could just ask if one of the Heimer's bikes was missing. (No vehicles were missing.) No one asked, as far as I know. I know that's a super long shot, but they could have at least inquired, given the timing. Oh well.

I'm just very disappointed in LE in this case. They could at least agree to work with a national TV show. But they won't.

I haven't heard about them having his DNA either. But they've been secretive about what they do and don't have. And the daughters are so sweet, but I think they should demand more accountability from the Saline Sheriff's Office.

All just MOO.

Law enforcement- perhaps it's standard practice- seized control of LH's husband's farm until they officially cleared him and then released it back to him. Are you on the daughter's Facebook page? She mentions that.

I was late to this thread, but Lori's murder was how I found Websleuths, and then I just kind of stayed. LOL, I think that happens with a lot of us.

To answer your question -- I wish I knew why LE hasn't released more about the guy on 81. I am aware of four people who reported him (myself included). But, nothing came of it. I do think LE might have mentioned him to the daughters, however, since one expressed anger at one point at all the "theories," which included the possibility of a serial killer.

I've read through this thread, but I'm guessing the offensive posts were removed before I got here. That's too bad someone felt the need to do that. Is there a "private" thread I'm missing? If so, I'd like to join it.

But maybe that's behind the stall of Lori's case--LE wanting to pin it on a family member and ignoring the other angles? I really don't know, so I can't say. But, one of the people who reported the guy on 81 is a family member of mine who is in law enforcement, but still, there was no action from the KBI or Salina Sheriff's Dept. So much for a thin blue line, huh?

About a week after the killing, I came across a fairly new adult bicycle hidden in tall weeds near Meadow Lark trail (McPherson County), and I reported it. It was probably just a stolen bike, but no one ever claimed it, and (according to my family member in LE) one of the deputies took it home.

That's okay, but everyone was wondering how the killer (if it was the 81 guy) might have gotten around if he was the culprit, and I said, maybe you could just ask if one of the Heimer's bikes was missing. (No vehicles were missing.) No one asked, as far as I know. I know that's a super long shot, but they could have at least inquired, given the timing. Oh well.

I'm just very disappointed in LE in this case. They could at least agree to work with a national TV show. But they won't.

I haven't heard about them having his DNA either. But they've been secretive about what they do and don't have. And the daughters are so sweet, but I think they should demand more accountability from the Saline Sheriff's Office.

All just MOO.
But did they ever clear Mr. H?
I don't recall that the Salina PD or the KBI
ever discussing Mr. H as a possible suspect. Because WS is a victim friendly site, that was not allowed unless he was named a suspect.

Yes, the offensive (public comments) were deleted. They they went underground via private messaging but after they were banned, there was no more conversation. I won't share the conversations as they were private.

I don't belong to FB anymore....for various reasons but mainly to protect my identity and my families'.

I believe they have switched case managers of this case at the KBI several times.

Did your relative with LE ever explain why the people he spoke with didn't show an interest in the man on 81?

Websleuths Terms of Service specifies that posts will include supporting links. This protects the website legally.

The now-banned posters made statements as if these were facts, but did not include supporting links. Information about becoming a Verified Insider (poster who does NOT need links on a specific thread or a specific topic) was provided.

These posters continued to violate the Terms of Service that are part of the sign-up process & eventually were banned.

The Attorney General or the KBI could be of help. As you say, much time has passed.

jmho ymmv lrr

Websleuths Terms of Service specifies that posts will include supporting links. This protects the website legally.

The now-banned posters made statements as if these were facts, but did not include supporting links. Information about becoming a Verified Insider (poster who does NOT need links on a specific thread or a specific topic) was provided.

These posters continued to violate the Terms of Service that are part of the sign-up process & eventually were banned.

The Attorney General or the KBI could be of help. As you say, much time has passed.

jmho ymmv lrr
Yes, these posters came in intending imo, to disrupt the thread. Why? Maybe they were bored spring breakers? May be they had an agenda? Who knows? If they did know anything helpful, they should have signed up as verified insiders. However, imo, had they done that, they would have blown their cover and exposed themselves as frauds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back