KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

Most of the earlier threads focused on the Salina stabber John Brown, but that connection has since eroded. ...If the police officially cleared Brown, then naturally you would have to look elsewhere. The police don't need to publicly eliminate or disavow suspects, but being that Brown is in prison and his DNA is in the criminal database, he's probably been cleared.
<modsnip - removed names of people not named as suspects or POIs in this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the earlier threads focused on the Salina stabber John Brown, but that connection has since eroded. ...If the police officially cleared Brown, then naturally you would have to look elsewhere. The police don't need to publicly eliminate or disavow suspects, but being that Brown is in prison and his DNA is in the criminal database, he's probably been cleared.
Did friend of John James Brown kill Lori?

Additional Arrests Made in Sunday Stabbings
Police also arrested 30-year-old [D J A] and 29-year-old [A D S] in connection to the case for obstructing the apprehension of John Brown.

UPDATE: Suspect Arrested in Connection With Sunday Stabbing - The Salina Post
On Monday a SWAT team arrested, John James Brown at a home in southeast Saline County, according to a social media report from Salina Police.

Did friend of John James Brown kill Lori?

Additional Arrests Made in Sunday Stabbings
Police also arrested 30-year-old [D J A] and 29-year-old [A D S] in connection to the case for obstructing the apprehension of John Brown.

UPDATE: Suspect Arrested in Connection With Sunday Stabbing - The Salina Post
On Monday a SWAT team arrested, John James Brown at a home in southeast Saline County, according to a social media report from Salina Police.
John Brown has no connection to this crime.

MOD NOTE

A note about posting on Websleuths forums:

If a member is missing some posts, the member should check their alerts at the top right hand corner of the webpage to see a communication from a moderator that informs the poster why a particular post was removed.

New members should thoroughly familiarize themselves with the Websleuths Terms of Service to insure that you are posting within the rules of this forum. See link to the RULES below. Posting responsibly within the TOS allows the discussion to flow without interruption. However, posts WILL CONTINUE to be removed when they violate TOS. Repeatedly violating TOS after one has been warned will result in temporary time outs (thread bans).

The Rules

The idea behind this post is to initiate conversation, review options, and open your eyes to all the possibilities. There is so much more
I will so welcome fresh discussions and new angles for this troublesome case, thus welcome your input very much. I haven't followed Lori's case very closely for a long time, so should probably back-track and read again from the beginning. I am having a lot of trouble following your cryptic posts, brantley, so I honestly can't comment intelligently on them. I wish I could. I think I might sort of understand what you're trying to accomplish and am glad for that, but if you could help us out with a link here and there, or something, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, and welcome!

The people of Assaria will tell you that it was a random intruder, or the Mexican drug cartel, or the Italian mob, or even little green martians with a vendetta against Kansas farmers. But they won't accept the truth or look internally.
Well then, this really is a problem. Who would know best about LH's family? Neighbors! So, why are they not talking?! What are they afraid of?

Razz, why is it so hard for you to believe? At any given time we are all capable of doing bad things, and many are capable of murder. Never underestimate the human element of this crime and what led up to it.
It's not what I believe but what I can prove. Many of us here do not live in the area. We range from places all over the world. So if you're so certain what the truth is, why haven't you been able to prove it? And if what you are intimating is true...why isn't this an open and shut case? Why have there not been arrests made? I mean, just what is the problem?!

This case, to me, has always been the signature random murder. I think it comes down to finding whoever LH had an appointment with that day. To me, that’s your prime suspect or at least should be and I don’t think that person has ever been identified.
What am I supposed to think here?
A reporter from Salina and this is the best you can come up with?!

I'm not blaming you Terry but Salinakansas and the other poster say you are a straight shooter and from your posts, I believe it to an extent so what's with the mixed messages?! Or do you believe one thing and the others think another?! Just what is going on or not going on in Salina?!

Pardon my memory, but they have shaken the husband down, correct? Looked all through the farm land?
This was the original question that was asked on July 23, 2018 by novo8085.

The answer by Terry67401 was, "he's been cleared".

If that is in fact true, I'd love to see a link saying Mr. H. has been cleared.

The husband has never, never been cleared and the KBI would never publicly clear him. They have in fact publicly cleared John Brown.
^snip
I don't find any statement by KBI that "They have in fact publicly cleared John Brown".
Do you have a KBI or media link for that detail?
This is what I find:
Family offers reward for info in murder

Posted Aug 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM
Residents of the area were concerned that similar cases in the Salina area could have been committed by the same person, John James Brown, who was incarcerated by the Salina Police Department. However, the Saline County Sheriff’s Office does not believe those crimes to be related at this time.

“Given the nature of the crimes in Salina, involving knife attacks, we have investigated that potential lead, but there’s been no arrests made on him or anyone else at this point,” Ascher said. “We are currently investigating any and all leads coming in surrounding anyone for this case.”

I am surprised that this case hasn't been solved. I've heard so many things about this murder. Definitely high profile. What are the facts about the murder?? Has there ever been a story written up about what exactly happened? It seems to me that whoever did it would have to know things about the family too. Was anything stolen?? Do they know what kind of weapon was used?
<modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I supposed to think here?
A reporter from Salina and this is the best you can come up with?!

I'm not blaming you Terry but Salinakansas and the other poster say you are a straight shooter and from your posts, I believe it to an extent so what's with the mixed messages?! Or do you believe one thing and the others think another?! Just what is going on or not going on in Salina?!
First of all, that is an older message. The landscape of this case has changed dramatically since then. This may not have been a random act as I had first thought.

This was the original question that was asked on July 23, 2018 by novo8085.

The answer by Terry67401 was, "he's been cleared".

If that is in fact true, I'd love to see a link saying Mr. H. has been cleared.
I will tell you straight up, I was told by a law enforcement source to my face that Brown was cleared, which is why I posted that to begin with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back