Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clarifying that the call was in regards to seeing Lucas last... now I do remember your initial post!

FWIW, I asked JH when he last FaceTimed with Lucas. He replied, “15th.” No mention was made of talking with EG, but I didn’t ask. He never mentioned to me FaceTiming with EG on Friday night.
Curious,,,, he would have been able to validate if LH had fun with JO on Valentine’s Day. Did he even inquire about that story told ?

I’ve been trying to keep up with this thread as much as possible but it moves so fast (good thing!). I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before.

What does everyone thing EG would have done with her daughter while hiding (can’t bring myself to use other words) Lucas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think she will just get MH back that easily. There was a lot in the CINC report to indicate EG is not a good parent. She might get some monitored visitation but right now she has no rights.
I don’t think she will get MH back easily either. Most child neglect and abuse cases do not have related criminal charges. Most of the time, all that is needed in a CPS case is an honest showing that a child may be in eminent danger. It’s a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a shadow of a doubt. It’s a much lower standard. I think everything together shows the CINC even if a criminal charge can’t be nailed down. It’s kinda like people who have been acquitted but then lose thousands, even millions, of dollars in a civil case.

They likely will have to give JH and EG a caseplan to complete. Different places will handle visitations differently. One county I have taken children from gives EVERY parent visitation. Some other counties make parents jump through certain hoops to get visits.

Re: the Friday night facetime
She said in her written statement, "I do believe I talked to JH via Duo video chat before I fell asleep." That was when describing her Friday night. So not even she is sure, apparently.
http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211200799.html

I feel like I have one hand tied behind my back with so much being on kansas.com as I can't read there. I don't want any copyright violations but would it be possible for anything from EG's own statement to be transcribed over here? I don't see how kansas.com can have copyright on that as it's not their own words...

There's so many things being discussed here from that statement that I really want to see EG's own words for it. "Both" children in the bath isn't natural language, so I want to know if that's a word EG used or if it's been translated from her statement. This thing about 'believing' she spoke to JH before she fell asleep, that's a huge red flag!

FWIW, I asked JH when he last FaceTimed with Lucas. He replied, “15th.” No mention was made of talking with EG, but I didn’t ask. He never mentioned to me FaceTiming with EG on Friday night.

I was thinking that you would have phrased it as the last time JH facetimed with Lucas.

The thing is, even if JH did video chat with EG on the Friday night, EG only "believing" that happened before she fell asleep suggests to me that she didn't fall asleep that night in the normal way.

I also don't recall if EG's statement said what she fed Lucas for his tea on the Friday?

I’ve been trying to keep up with this thread as much as possible but it moves so fast (good thing!). I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before.

What does everyone thing EG would have done with her daughter while hiding (can’t bring myself to use other words) Lucas?

I think she took her with her.

I feel like I have one hand tied behind my back with so much being on kansas.com as I can't read there. I don't want any copyright violations but would it be possible for anything from EG's own statement to be transcribed over here? I don't see how kansas.com can have copyright on that as it's not their own words...

There's so many things being discussed here from that statement that I really want to see EG's own words for it. "Both" children in the bath isn't natural language, so I want to know if that's a word EG used or if it's been translated from her statement. This thing about 'believing' she spoke to JH before she fell asleep, that's a huge red flag!

It is a video where the detective is reading Emily's statement. He reads, "Around 7:30 or 8 I gave MH and Lucas a bath."

I will tread lightly because my perspective really will be different from most. The fact is the investigation is always meant to be done behind the tightest of closed doors. It has to be, one presumption or suspicion that turns out not to be true can taint a potential jury, turn innocent people into social outcasts and can ruin chances for a crime to be solved. It’s frustrating, I know. But from LE’s perspective, they aren’t allowed to search just anywhere, there is a protocol for them to follow, starting with obtaining a warrant to do a search. A judge isn’t going to sign one without some sort of documentation to back it up. Public land is a lot easier for them to search, but privately owned land is, as it should be, much harder to get permission to do. There is also the fact that Lucas went missing in Wichita, but you can be several counties away in less than an hour. WPD can’t search just anywhere. That’s why the FBI gets involved. I wish it were different. I really do, but someone is responsible for Lucas being gone. I don’t want to make WPD my enemy when we are relying on their help and support in our public searches and so far, they have been very supportive.

Well said Eso-thank you!

BBM

I've had the most intense sense all day that that is exactly where she's been taken.

Just something that's been crawling in the back of my skull for the last 3 months is all.

I'm starting to think that from Day 1 of JH and EG being together, EG saw JO as a threat (JO says her and JH were extremely close up until he got with EG, so EG would pick up on that) to her relationship and also resented her for leaving Lucas in her and JH's care. Her cutting off communication between JH and JO and taking over that communication for custody issues pretty much cements that mistrst of JO and JH's relationship IMO. I think EG took out her anger. both at JH and JO, on Lucas. People who are SO WEAK as to have such an issue with someone they do not know obviously have a warped sense of reality - so in her mind when she snapped and hurt Lucas for the last time, her mind was automatically like "DAMMIT, NOW I'M IN TROUBLE AND THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF NOT FOR JO". Sorry I'm kind of rambling - just trying to speculate and demonstrate why I think she might have put Lucas somewhere that she thought would implicate JO in his abduction/death.

RSBM for focus
RBBM

Not that it matters but those two points have been at the top of my "speculation" list since the beginning; that Lucas may be somewhere familiar to EG (not a park), either on someone's private property or possibly an abandoned area she'd seen before.

I also believe that EG acted out of anger towards JO along with JH (which has already been documented). It makes sense given the abuse EG had for Lucas ("Emily doesn't like me"). I think a lot of anger has been bubbling since the very beginning and that fits with EG's temperment and inability to control her outbursts.

This is all my own speculation but I believe there is enough evidence to make it plausible. MOO.

I will tread lightly because my perspective really will be different from most. The fact is the investigation is always meant to be done behind the tightest of closed doors. It has to be, one presumption or suspicion that turns out not to be true can taint a potential jury, turn innocent people into social outcasts and can ruin chances for a crime to be solved. It’s frustrating, I know. But from LE’s perspective, they aren’t allowed to search just anywhere, there is a protocol for them to follow, starting with obtaining a warrant to do a search. A judge isn’t going to sign one without some sort of documentation to back it up. Public land is a lot easier for them to search, but privately owned land is, as it should be, much harder to get permission to do. There is also the fact that Lucas went missing in Wichita, but you can be several counties away in less than an hour. WPD can’t search just anywhere. That’s why the FBI gets involved. I wish it were different. I really do, but someone is responsible for Lucas being gone. I don’t want to make WPD my enemy when we are relying on their help and support in our public searches and so far, they have been very supportive.

Thank you for saying this.

I have a question for you. Back when LE combed through the house, car, etc do you know if Cadaver dogs ever hit on the car? The reason I am just asking is because if not then that could indicate to us that another person helped Emily. It's just something I am curious about.

I can’t comment on that. I’m sorry.

A lot to take in, for such a short notice.

Sunday is only 72 hours away.

Technically, given most of us work and sleep, closer to 12 hours away.

But whose counting?

Unfortunately, if they planned this too far out, people would forget and the news stations would get bored reporting about it.

Not that it matters but those two points have been at the top of my "speculation" list since the beginning; that Lucas may be somewhere familiar to EG (not a park), either on someone's private property or possibly an abandoned area she'd seen before.
RSBM

I could be wrong again, but I interpreted tninth's remark as more of a warning or concern about the 72 hours of notice that the general public can read about the vicinity of the search.

I am in no way criticizing the way this is being done or announced -- many are needed and sometimes demonstrating that there is a focus and reason can be enough to get more participation. On the other hand, EG is out and there is a concern among some of us about "unfinished business," to quote tninth.

I keep wondering about an idea Kamm5 and possibly others have mentioned about recruiting CJ students, military stationed at McConnell, and National Guard members. I don't think it's a bad idea -- if they were trained by TXEQ, it may even open more possibilities on private property, especially if they are in uniform or fatigues while searching. I say this because I know rural Kansans, and as nice as they are, a lot of them don't want "strangers" walking their property--but they MIGHT be more open to uniformed military and LE.

I wish I could go.... :(

RSBM for focus
RBBM

I also believe that EG acted out of anger towards JO along with JH (which has already been documented). It makes sense given the abuse EG had for Lucas ("Emily doesn't like me"). I think a lot of anger has been bubbling since the very beginning and that fits with EG's temperment and inability to control her outbursts.

This is all my own speculation but I believe there is enough evidence to make it plausible. MOO.

I agree I think EG took her anger at JH and JO out on LH. Does anyone know if JH and JO had a special place they visited that EG could have taken Lucas?

I have seen something somewhere stating we couldn’t discuss searching. Is this true? If so why? And does that mean no more searching allowed or just no further communication from LE regarding searches?

All That I write is based on my experience as an EMT and is based on [emoji230] unless otherwise specified.
Thank you to any VI or verified professional who lends their expertise[emoji851]

I have seen something somewhere stating we couldn’t discuss searching. Is this true? If so why? And does that mean no more searching allowed or just no further communication from LE regarding searches?

All That I write is based on my experience as an EMT and is based on [emoji230] unless otherwise specified.
Thank you to any VI or verified professional who lends their expertise[emoji851]

We just cannot discuss where we are searching or specific areas someone thinks would be a good idea to search. The reason behind this is anyone could read what we are saying and either move Lucas or harrass the searchers when they are searching.

RSBM

I could be wrong again, but I interpreted tninth's remark as more of a warning or concern about the 72 hours of notice that the general public can read about the vicinity of the search.

I am in no way criticizing the way this is being done or announced -- many are needed and sometimes demonstrating that there is a focus and reason can be enough to get more participation. On the other hand, EG is out and there is a concern among some of us about "unfinished business," to quote tninth.

I keep wondering about an idea Kamm5 and possibly others have mentioned about recruiting CJ students, military stationed at McConnell, and National Guard members. I don't think it's a bad idea -- if they were trained by TXEQ, it may even open more possibilities on private property, especially if they are in uniform or fatigues while searching. I say this because I know rural Kansans, and as nice as they are, a lot of them don't want "strangers" walking their property--but they MIGHT be more open to uniformed military and LE.

I wish I could go.... :(

That is only where we are meeting. We always meet in a public area and then go to where we are going to search.

I was thinking that you would have phrased it as the last time JH facetimed with Lucas.

The thing is, even if JH did video chat with EG on the Friday night, EG only "believing" that happened before she fell asleep suggests to me that she didn't fall asleep that night in the normal way.

I also don't recall if EG's statement said what she fed Lucas for his tea on the Friday?

That could be. It could also be that it didn't happen at all, but it would be what she would normally do, so she threw it in. Or, maybe she did talk to him, but it was via messenger or a normal phone call. Any way you slice it, if she "believes" it happened, it didn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tea", but he had poptarts and fruit for breakfast, spaghetti-o's and PB&J for lunch, and french fries and chicken fries with Sprite for dinner.

I completely agree with you that her exact wording is super important. I'll try to transcribe it tomorrow.

Something else niggling at me and I remember someone posting the same question in a very early thread: Is EG's SUV new enough to have an onboard computer? And if so, do you think it worthwhile for LE to download the info from it like LE did in Sherin Mathews' case which showed the SUV leaving the home in the middle of the night?

I looked and looked for the video posted in the last thread that showed a garage and what appears to be EG's SUV but the one link I found has been overwritten with trial video.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member