Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any locals say how much water would flow under this particular bridge? @perfectingpink , maybe??
I live in a similar climate, and our "Bridges with water" are generally a trickle because it's so dry. It wouldn't move a body in that case.

The bridge location on Woodlawn that I posted earlier was actually a fairly large bridge (from Aug. 2007). However since that time several comments have been made by reporters that the actual location is on 96th Street between Woodlawn and Oliver -- the map shows no bridges of any size there, but a small waterway that may have a culvert type of "bridge" at one point on 96th.

Last edited:
They described it as a stream. It looks narrow and shallow. I also understood the Harvey County Sheriff to say he was up under the bridge...he also said there was water there, but it didn't sound as if the remains were in the water. I hope I am making sense.

Yes, that was my take away as well. Like there is some water but not enough for him to be submerged.

This is the bridge that I believe the officer was referring to.....
Google Maps

@raeann , is it possible you have the wrong location? That points to NORTH Woodlawn.

I think the location as reported in the media is "9700 block of S. Woodlawn". I believe it is here:
Google Maps

This is also consistent with the map provided in the latest version of this article:
Family confirms remains of Lucas Hernandez found in Harvey County

Based on the various live videos and photos of the scene, it looks like it is actually on 96th, immediately west of S. Woodlawn. You can see the small creek angling from the southwest towards the northeast.

JMO
I hope LE and eventually a Jury keeps common sense in mind when they begin to listen to whatever lame excuses she provides. They need to remember one thing. Any innocent person would call 911 if its a normal accident or something. Nobody goes and hides a body 10-15 miles away in a creekbed unless they are guilty.

The bridge location on Woodlawn that I posted earlier was actually a fairly large bridge with a good amount of water in the Google photo (from Aug. 2007). However since that time several comments have been made by reporters that the actual location is on 96th Street between Woodlawn and Oliver -- the map shows no bridges of any size there, but a small waterway that may have a culvert type of "bridge" at one point on 96th.

See my post a few minutes earlier, I think you posted the wrong bridge. The spot I think it's at is a very tiny stream/creek. Unless there was a lot of snow melt flooding I'm not sure the body would have been carried there by the creek.

Small body found under a bridge

Harvey CTY. sheriff says small body been there a long time

Not identified yet.

You cannot see underneath bridge from the road

PI did in-depth interviews with EG and JH

Info provided buy EG led them to Lucas

We have been in a drought here. So very little water. Although the Harvey co LE wouldn’t speculate who it was. He said you are free to , to a reporter. He also verified there were NO missing children in Harvey CO. Source was from the breaking news via TV KWCH. They seem to be the ones doing most of the reporting. Along with KFDI radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer