Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I can honestly say Mr. Tick has been involved in searches for Lucas as well as impacted as soon as he is flushed or mailed.
Some heroes wear capes....our heroes at websleuths wear mud boots and an occasional tick or two. Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Pink for your time and dedication in the search for Lucas. The world needs more of that kind of hero!

I’m not giving EG much credit either. Although I’m very thankful she did lead the PI there. Hiding his body and keeping it a secret had to be a very heavy burden...even for her. I can only imagine she came clean to relieve herself of that burden, like the PI said. I wouldn’t be surprised if he took the compassionate towards EG approach, let her play the victim, tell how hard it has been for her, how it was all an accident,and found a path of least resistance for her. Let her know if it was an accident that it would get sorted and she would end up on top. Of course that’s just speculation. However he managed to make it happen he did a stellar job.

There's an interview with the PI, David Marshburn, here

Stepmother of Lucas Hernandez jailed after boy's body found

I've only listened to the first half but he kinda gives an explanation. What he implies is that he has talked to EG about various locations and watched her body language and listened to her speech patterns. So maybe he talks about the sea and she's relaxed, he talks about a bridge on a country road and her attitude changes to the exact opposite.

Somehow he seems to have turned that into her going out there with him and finding the location, which she only knew by rough memory. He hasn't talked in that interview about methods he might use to achieve that end.

The tactics he's used are tactics that are available to LE/FBI, but he managed to insert himself as an unbiased shoulder to lean on, something that LE can't do very easily. LE are always there with handcuffs waiting, but if you look at his picture on that interview, he's just like a bloke down the bar who you can sit and have a beer with and open up to and he's not judging, he's just talking.

JH is getting a lot of bashing, I don't deny that some of it's deserved. But, he wanted a PI. It's possible that him trying to keep on good terms with EG has helped that as Marshburn tried to access her emotions that having JH around could act as a catalyst to the reaction that Marshburn is trying to set off (using chemical science as an metaphor). If JH hadn't been there it's possible EG would have found it easier to resist Marshburn's techniques.

If it goes to trial, then hopefully we'll find out a little more, but I hope Marshburn doesn't talk too much about his 'magic'.

From the interview he seemed very respectful of the line between him and LE. He didn’t give information that would impede the investigation and I have a feeling he will continue to toe that line. jmo.

The comments about her being out there hours before the body was found meant that she was out there with the PI and it took them that long to find poor Lucas? I can see how some of the articles made it sound like something completely different. Then add all the comments about EG and JH stopping the PI from going out there earlier. This is why I love Websleuths. Facts matter.

Just wondering if JH will be filing for divorce.
It has been said through this 3 months that they were considered married, her attorney even referred to him as her husband.
If you hold yourselves as being married then you have to file for a divorce if you don’t want to be.

I don't think JH and EG are legally married, but I could be wrong.

I’m praying that the autopsy reveals the COD so they can move forward with murder charges. The thing is though. Little Lucas was awfully sick. We know this from the VI. It is very possible lack of medical care did cause his death. It’s so hard to be patient and wait for the answers. I can’t imagine what it’s like for the family.

Suppose one is in the 600 Edgemoore residence Friday creating a presentable image for an early evening evening appointment; suppose that one isn't a great keeper of time and tends to do the least at the last minute and relies upon excuses to explain things as they are (children make 'messes' esp at lunch).
Further let us entertain that a late lunch on-the-go (more as hopeful get-out-of appointment-effort) results in a quickly gorged plate-o-carbs from Olive Garden and inevitable indigestion as wheedling out of meeting landlord is no longer possible, now that they have discovered your ward awake and 'tattling' on your whereabouts (or rather, glaring lack thereof).

We may conclude one's navigating back to the residence at top speeds while high some accidental side note; or at least a recent trial might say so.

Let us also consider that the unsavory discovery of unattended, obviously ill child in the home led to any number of incidental issues of the household being brought up during this landlord performing their due diligence, walking through whatever halfazzery one attempted earlier.

Suppose that a small child hazarded a request for food (or any care) while such a person was under inspection of their betters, as perhaps that tactic worked in the past and was granted by one so as to appear a better being than one is.

Let us now calculate the breadth of time for the guest/s to leave, traffic to reach it's peak and general populace to settle into their own food comas. Time enough to settle some scores. Time for a drive. Time for lessons. Time to think.

Did we ever discover a usual timing for facetiming in this household? It's never appeared as a set usual event although I've guessed at a possible schedule often enough.

True, but I think you still usually need to file paperwork. I know a common law married couple in CO and they had to fill out forms to make the common law marriage official even though they never got "married".
The law states all they have to be is one man one woman and both over 18....an archaic law from the 1800s- it’s up to the court to decide I imagine.

A common law marriage is a marriage by agreement of the two persons without any formal ceremony or license. A common law marriage will be recognized in Kansas if the couple considers themselves to be married and publicly holds themselves out to be married and if they are legally eligible to marry. No minimum period of cohabitation is required.

Marriage & Divorce - Kansas Bar Association

A common law marriage is a marriage by agreement of the two persons without any formal ceremony or license. A common law marriage will be recognized in Kansas if the couple considers themselves to be married and publicly holds themselves out to be married and if they are legally eligible to marry. No minimum period of cohabitation is required.

Interesting. So then would they need to get a divorce legally?

Interesting. So then would they need to get a divorce legally?

I think so

Common Law marriages are subject to the same legal obligations and privileges that apply to marriages with licenses. Once a common law marriage is established, the couple must get a court ordered divorce to terminate the marriage.

It may come into question things like did they sign the lease as married, was EG on JH health insurance provided through work (if such was available)

How strange that there isn't any formality. So, I have seen EG's paperwork saying JH is her husband. Is he in agreeance? Wouldn't this need to be stated by both of them to actually be a union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903