Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

flute4peace

Reaction score
Search continues for missing Wichita boy

cache.php

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita police are investigating a missing child case in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

Sedgwick County dispatchers confirmed to Eyewitness News that police are on scene looking into the disappearance of a 5-year-old child last seen around 3 pm on Saturday near Edgemoor between Lincoln & Kellogg.

Police say Lucas is Hispanic/white, four-feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, and long lashes.

The boy was last seen wearing black sweats with a grey shirt that had a bear on it, white socks, and light blue Pull-up.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Flyers for Lucas Hernandez Thread

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Verified Insider:

FindLucasAllen

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Help Find Lucas Hernandez Facebook Page

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Family concerned about Wichita boy's welfare before he went missing

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -
As the search continues for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, the boy's family returned to their home late Monday along with the FBI. Relatives watching from afar say it's not the first time an investigator was called there.

Wichita police say the boy's stepmother last saw Lucas at around 3 p.m. Saturday. She then took a shower and fell asleep, and officers were notified around 6:15 p.m. that the boy was missing.

Sally Rasmussen is Lucas' great aunt, who spoke with KAKE News from her home in New Mexico. She says was sent a photo of Lucas last year and saw multiple bruises on his face and neck. She called police.

"All these stories I'd been hearing for months about him possibly being abused," she said.

http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

(yes, Tricia, I'm ok with my name being here )

I find it very difficult to presume Lucas going home in time for Memorial Day Weekend was an accident or coincidence. Is it possible for us to make some sort of group effort to thank LE in Wichita collectively for their concerted efforts which corralled EG into giving up this dear child?

Thank you all for your kind words. We're devestated yet relieved that Lucas is finally home. I pray that Jamie and the rest of our family can finally find some sort of closure to this endless loop of grief that we have been stuck in for so long.

I want to thank all of you for being so loving and supportive of our family. I, personally, have discovered that WS is home for me. You have all become a second family.

As many of you have realized, media has made some inaccurate statements regarding how Lucas was found. My tip is to listen to direct interviews with the PI and trust that what he's saying is accurate.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

Praying for you and your family, I pray that God gives y'all comfort in your time of need. Sending hugs, love and prayers

So much love to you all,
Bethany

Thanks for the heads up on where to get facts.

I think I can safely speak for everyone here that your second family will be here for you for as long as you want us! And I hope you can take a little solace in knowing at least a few people here have already saved kids in their lives from a similar situation because of Lucas. That brave little hero did not die in vain. I personally have signed up to go to an informational meeting to start the process of becoming a foster care giver.

I'm hoping that the autopsy will show the cause of death and if death occurred from injury or sickness. If death was a result of an injury, it is so critical to pinpoint when the injury occurred. He has been vomiting and ill for a long time prior to death, meaning that a mortal injury leading up to him death could have happened weeks ago. This could make it very difficult for LE to prove who actually delivered the mortal injury. If the injury was delivered just prior to death then it could help narrow the suspect down to whoever was with him at the time just prior to his death. I will not be surprised if EG comes up with the story that she is not responsible for his death but is responsible for his disposal.
Here's hoping that the months he was exposed to the elements and decomposing, valuable evidence wasn't destroyed.

So much love to you all,
Bethany

I feel so sorry for you but yet relieved that you have him back

After four to five hours speaking with Glass, Mashburn says he and Ward talked and were "90-percent positive" they'd find Lucas' body.

Thursday morning, Mashburn says he woke up ready to find the boy who'd been missing since Feb. 17. Police say Emily Glass led the private investigator to Lucas' body.

One of the biggest questions many how is how Marshburn was able to convince Glass to take him and Ward to Lucas. Marshburn says he avoids an aggressive approach he says police take.

"When you're talking to someone who has committed a crime or who is involved in a crime and such, you have to read them the right way because if you don't, you're going to waste a lot of time," Marshburn says. "It just happened this one worked out perfectly, It was done smoothly and it rarely happens that way."

Marshburn and Ward gave Lucas' mother and grandmother a hug in the meeting they had before leaving Wichita to continue their work in other cases.

"We don't really feel like heroes because in the end, someone lost their live," Marshburn says. "And poor little Lucas never had a chance to live his life
Private investigator opens up about effort to find Lucas Hernandez

Bringing this over from the last thread:

ESO your video for Lucas was beautiful!!! Cried every second of it. It tears me apart to see Jamie and Lucas- the love they had. I will never understand how someone couldn’t love that sweet little boy. I wish things would have been different for Lucas. It hurts beyond words.... a sweet, innocent boy, endured too much pain and suffering all from a heartless, selfish woman, that would have never loved him or cared for him correctly.

Sorry, after that sweet video I’m ticked off again. Grrrrr this is so hard. Praying for Jamie, Bethany, and all of the family and friends that loved Lucas. My heart is broken for all of you!

So much love to you all,
Bethany

Bethany.... hugs hugs hugs You are an amazing person and I am in awe of you. I am so sorry that this happened to Lucas. I want to thank you for trusting me, and let you know that I will continue to support your family in any way I can.

If anyone wants to help now, the best thing you can do is publicly support Lucas' mom and her family, and fiercely defend them. They are all victims.

Throughout this process the subject of change has come up. New laws we want passed. Even calling it Lucas Law. I agree wholeheartedly that change is imperative. Most are saying they want harsher punishment and swifter action. Not allowing these abusers around children. I mostly agree. I have been one of those that used the word evil regarding EG. I have also previously posted that she had no excuse even if she was abused as a child. As an adult she should’ve sought out help if she couldn’t control her impulse to lash out. But I’ve been thinking about this a lot. What would’ve been the repercussions of getting help? If EG would’ve admitted to anyone that she did cause the bruises, scrapes, etc. and asked for help for not being able to control herself, what would the outcome for her be? Is this why she never sought out help, counseling, medication if needed? We have a Safe Haven Law. You can drop off a new born to fire station, hospital without repercussion. This law has saved countless infants. What if Lucas Law is: “I can’t control my impulses. I know I need help. I don’t want the children to suffer. Help me before it’s too late.” If the abusers get help wouthout fear. Maybe they would? Maybe I’m crazy for even thinking it would work. I know there are truly evil people. Maybe EG is just that, evil. But I can’t help but wonder, if the fear of repercussion was taken out of the equation. Would we still have our little man?

In the last thread someone quoted an article in which Emily stated she woke up Saturday and Lucas had passed. According to everything thing I've seen, her time is accounted for except for the missing 45 minutes that morning. It would take her an hour just to get to the spot Lucas was found, so is there is no possible way that it can be true that she did the round trip in 45. Impossible. Expect everything from her vile mouth to be a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2