Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking. EG was responsible for JH losing both of his children. Why would he still be sympathetic towards her?
I think she was a con and just hadn't figured that out yet and continued to try to believer her stories. He kept saying he would need to find out what the autopsy revealed. She just said she panicked when she found Lucas dead. JH believed her. Now, with her death and unknown COD he will always only wonder if she hurt him.

I’m thinking. EG was responsible for JH losing both of his children. Why would he still be sympathetic towards her?

Can't pin it all on EG IMO. JH knew what was going on and participated in the violent and drug lifestyle, he is sympathetic because he is just like her in alot of ways. His secrets are now safe and he will move on and live life the same way, hopefully there will be no children involved who have to pay the price for his decisions this time around.

Makes you sick, doesn't it? With all the childless couples out there who would gladly take these darling children in and give them a loving and nurturing home, these scum bags abuse and kill their babies. Why keep them if you don't want them? Why?

I had a dear friend who was like a big sister to me pass away a couple of weeks ago. Strange as she was in ICU because she couldn't breathe. She got cancer when she was 20 years old and was told she could never have children. She got cancer four more times and kicked it in the butt each time, along with several other medical problems. She loved children. I used to joke with her that I was her first and only child- she spoiled me rotten.

Then I see these sick pigs out there abusing, neglecting, killing precious children, and it angers me that a beautiful soul was never able to have her own children, why these monsters can procreate like rabbits. I lost my youngest daughter's twin at birth- that just about broke me, thank goodness my daughter survived and I had my other two beautiful children. Bittersweet day, their birthdays. I hang a Christmas stocking for her every year, I wear her birth stone along with her twin and my other two children's birthstones on one of my ears.

It just kills me, seeing these children go through this, and their parents get chance after chance after chance to do the same thing, over and over again. Why?

It makes me sick to understand what the boyfriend, High on meth did to that young child. He had a criminal record and was in the home of 3 young boys.

The mother had no past. It breaks what little heart I had left after Lucas. And I have never shared that. I’ve tried very hard to be unemotional and professional. To think it’s happening nationwide is beyond what I can grasp just now.

Dad of Lucas Hernandez in ICU emergency room following little boy’s public memorial

Jonathan Hernandez, father of Kansas boy Lucas Hernandez, was admitted into a Wichita hospital Saturday evening after his son’s public memorial.

“He has an abscess in his throat which is making it almost impossible to swallow and they are worried about his breathing,” Cyndi Norman, Hernandez’s mother explained to CrimeOnline. “He went to the ER Saturday evening and they thought it might be tonsillitis, so they gave him and antibiotic and something for pain. By 3 a.m. it was worse, so he went back to the ER and they ran blood work.”

So far, according to Norman, doctors aren’t quite sure what the problem is, but plan to perform a CT scan on Tuesday if Hernandez’s condition hasn’t improved.

“He’s in severe pain. The pain medication just takes the edge off. They did the nasal camera again this morning and said it wasn’t any worse, but no better.”

[....]
MOO
Dad of Lucas Hernandez in ICU emergency room following little boy’s public memorial

Jonathan Hernandez, father of Kansas boy Lucas Hernandez, was admitted into a Wichita hospital Saturday evening after his son’s public memorial.

“He has an abscess in his throat which is making it almost impossible to swallow and they are worried about his breathing,” Cyndi Norman, Hernandez’s mother explained to CrimeOnline. “He went to the ER Saturday evening and they thought it might be tonsillitis, so they gave him and antibiotic and something for pain. By 3 a.m. it was worse, so he went back to the ER and they ran blood work.”

So far, according to Norman, doctors aren’t quite sure what the problem is, but plan to perform a CT scan on Tuesday if Hernandez’s condition hasn’t improved.

“He’s in severe pain. The pain medication just takes the edge off. They did the nasal camera again this morning and said it wasn’t any worse, but no better.”

[....]
MOO, they should do a radial of his teeth-

I think she was a con and just hadn't figured that out yet and continued to try to believer her stories. He kept saying he would need to find out what the autopsy revealed. She just said she panicked when she found Lucas dead. JH believed her. Now, with her death and unknown COD he will always only wonder
MOO of course, he’s no dummy.

Wish someone would of taken Lucas to hospital when he was vomiting losing weight and so very ill.
Yes! I wonder how common it is to keep kids out of the medical eye (when calls to dcf have been placed previously) so as not to bring dcf back on them, even for a “random” accident. You have to wonder what goes through these parents minds.

Dreamed that Casey Anthony did a 20/20 episode on EG and how we did same to her as CA cause of conviction of public opinion and my remote got stuck so I was looking for batteries to TURN IT OFF, and finally turned to fiancé and told him we had to move cause I can’t listen to this
Literally woke myself up from this dream and he said I was mumbling in sleep a lot. This case is invasive, y’all. But now I sorta wanna see CA do what she and EG did best, make it about them.

IVE not really heard of abcess that just appears in throat without being tonsil or dental related. Esophageal Pherasies (sp?) can happen with acid reflux or heavy drinking but typically causes bleeding to death, not abcess. Hmm....

It is so disheartening to hear about kids abused by the new significant other in the parent's life. I just don't understand allowing access to your kids. My son was 14 when his dad and I split. I rarely let my newer friends around him, let alone a boyfriend. Of course, a criminal justice background and having to set through child abuse training and later working with abused and neglected kids played a role in that. But even before all that, I was super aware of who was with my child. Especially, when he was younger so couldn't tell me if something bad happened. Yes, I was probably over protective. I don't remember hearing all these abuse and death cases when I was younger. We know it happened though but I don't think it was on this magnitude. It seems to be so common (I hate that) to hear about another kid abused or killed by a new SO and many times the bio parent is involved and charged too.

Working for many years with abused and neglected children, rarely did an abusive bio parent get them back. Then it seemed the US shifted to more community and home based alternatives so kids were either kept in the home while parents worked to follow DSS' steps or they were taken briefly and returned. Therapy was sometimes offered but cost and availability for services isn't always accessible. Kids paid the price. Not saying that being stuck in a group home or treatment center is great for kids but many of the teens I worked with were and still are grateful to have a safe place to be, to heal, to learn. Neglectful parents seemed to have a better chance of getting more chances to get their kids back...even with some of the worse house situations. Sometimes, it was hard to let the kids go but as staff we have little say in what DSS or others say.

I think many times the punishments for crimes against children are far too lenient. Not that harsher penalties will probably prevent most abusers from abusing or killing. Some people are just beyond help. Yes, there are those that have no signs of abusing and just snap (lack of a better word) but those seem to be fewer nowadays. Tim Miller was on point when during the memorial service for Lucas he said things are worse today Sadly, they really are. :(

I wish I had answers and the means to save all children and give them safe places to be with people who cherish them!

Thank to all who offered perspectives and insights. This was my first big involvement on Websleuths. I mostly lurked but many of you taught me new things or made me see things a new way. The search, mapping, and flyer efforts were amazing!

Eta: Guess I had a lot to say lol. Sorry for the book.

Most patients with severe paraesophageal and/or parapharygeal infections/abscesses are in ICU due to airway compromise. Some are intubated, especially after surgery for drainage and clean out. The cause could be a multitude of reasons.

Most patients with severe paraesophageal and/or parapharygeal infections/abscesses are in ICU due to airway compromise. Some are intubated, especially after surgery for drainage and clean out. The cause could be a multitude of reasons.
Could he be having an allergic reaction to something he ingested?

I don't remember hearing all these abuse and death cases when I was younger. We know it happened though but I don't think it was on this magnitude. It seems to be so common (I hate that) to hear about another kid abused or killed by a new SO and many times the bio parent is involved and charged too.
Snipped and BBM for focus.
I think it was just as bad, and as prevalent, but before the internet it was a challenge to access news outside your general community/state. If it wasn't in the local newspaper or nightly news you'd never know about it unless it was of a magnitude to make a national news network. Now, we can find everything going on anywhere in the world with a click of a button.

Could he be having an allergic reaction to something he ingested?
An abscess is an infection. It could happen in so many ways. Imagine all the ways you could get an infection anywhere on your body, then think of the warm, moist climate of the mouth and throat. A small infection could multiple pretty quickly in there.

That's a very good question.

Love. He was very much in love with her. She hid everything from him. Twisting the truth to suit her needs fitting the occasion.

Her intense drama was clear up to her final selfish Life finale. The last image of retribution against JH not standing by her to the degree she needed. The end the last thing he would remember. Her brains spattered all over the walls and cieling of the sun room. In the house that was to represent all the good in their future.

But again EG had messed things up worse than ever before. Instead of a story book ending, the scene before her final curtain was a bloody one. Three notes left in various places in the house none explaining how she killed Lucas.

And a bloody AR 15 at her feet. The last impression JH would ever have if her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn