Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow they will present the case to the prosecutor and they will decide on charges.

We have not had any confirmation that he had strep or missed school at all.
Even tho it’s sunday ?

IDK the answer, just posting the link to her inmate info: https://ssc.sedgwickcounty.org/sheriffinmates/SheriffInmateDetail.aspx?nameId=214693

She's still in the clinic. :thinking:

She sounds manic, aggressive, lashing out, and depressive. possibly boarderlline. Self medicating as a result? Didn’t seem to help her much... most likely aggravated existing mental health issues. She sounds self involved and deluded herself by rationalizing she is more self aware than others around her.

She’s prob trying to manipulate the system by telling them and convincing herself she is a victim. Threatening to kill herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they said it was now a criminal case, was just wondering if they have to have formal charges filed prior to the 72 hour expiration.
I hope they are working this weekend on putting things together for the DA on Monday.
I really worry she will get out.

They will meet with the DA on Monday with everything they have. They are not messing around. Honestly, these men and women have been working 17 hr days on this case, and then some. I do not believe they would charge her with this “lesser charge” of neglect with that being their “ace in their pocket”. They are making a case, and will present on Monday. Evidence is the key. They have to be able to PROVE what they may think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I unfortunately had caught up reading this new thread in just enough time to click the link and see that I had juuuuust missed it.

Me too. Hubby made a beautiful Dungeness crab chowder and I couldn't tell him to hold dinner while I watched the interview. It looks like we didn't miss much. It'll probably be posted soon anyway.

From what's been said by posters who did watch I'm disappointed to hear that dad had "pat" answers. I can't go further right now but so much feels off with this case. Sigh.

I was thinking.....when I had 2 littles at home, one would ride in the baby back pack and the other in the stroller. It was an easy way to get 2 kids around.

Who would look twice at a mom with her 2 children all bundled up and out for a brisk walk in the park. One who was "sleeping" in the stroller and the other on her back?

Returning home with one less child could still look like 2. I think there would have to be a bit of playacting to
convince the 15 month old that her brother was still sleeping and needed
a "nap" in his bed.

Just speculating.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

If Lucas had strep throat you would think he was seen by a doctor to have known that. If he had been home from school, that would have given more time for EG to get frustrated/upset by Lucas and maybe she snapped and did something to him. I just want him to be found- So many care about him <3

We spent a little time out today driving the dirt roads north of Chisholm Creek and found most of the tree rows and fields are protected by barbed wire, so not easy to access. There were a few spots that were a little denser and seemed to be popular spots to dump, but we found nothing there either. The biggest takeaway from the day is, Mr. Pink still thinks we are kids who need to play in the mud, Mr. Pink may indeed still be a kid who needs to play in the mud, and kids in the country like their Keystone beer.

A big thank you :tyou: to both you and Mr Pink for doing this!!! <3

I was thinking.....when I had 2 littles at home, one would ride in the baby back pack and the other in the stroller. It was an easy way to get 2 kids around.

Who would look twice at a mom with her 2 children all bundled up and out for a brisk walk in the park. One who was "sleeping" in the stroller and the other on her back?

Returning home with one less child could still look like 2. I think there would have to be a bit of playacting to
convince the 15 month old that her brother was still sleeping and needed
a "nap" in his bed.

Just speculating.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I’ve worn all my babies and have woven wraps that would literally allow me to carry a 175lb or more person if I was physically capable. Nobody says anything about a “sleeping” child in a carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching a clip which was nearly 3 mins (not sure if that was the whole interview), I truly think that both JH and JO are hurting. I saw and heard genuine emotions there. Grief, regret and so on. I think the father feels a bit of shame and is still in denial about what Emily may have done or is capable of. Jamie, on the other hand just seems devastated and holding back on her anger. I think she believes he's dead at EG's hands. JH is still hanging by a thread, though, in hope that his son is still alive.

JO has a tattoo on her wrist, partial reading appears to be 'love of my life', I wonder if the other side says Lucas.

JH was scratching himself a lot. Either he was nervous or it shows he may still be using.

Full interview:
http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475069083

ETA - I just noticed it's the same as the previous link. I watched it live, and it's the entire thing. They had a little bit after about donating food to the rescue workers and again asking people not to help. Actually, they said that people want to help, but that kind of help (searching) isn't necessary. Sounds like they know he's not in the area, IMO.

Was the mom playing on her phone during this interview or am I seeing things? TIA

No. She had specific things she wanted to say “written” down that were unfortunately cut because she was too emotional to get the words out.

Yowza...the body language between those two certainly needs no interpretation!

I was thinking the same thing MzOp! Her pain is almost palpable. I don't think she was emotionally able to speak.

"I don't want him to be afraid and it's so helpless as a parent to not be able to want to comfort your children when they're afraid or hurt or scared and just want to be back home." Seven days without any sign of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez.
"Lucas has grown into a respectful, compassionate, caring and adventurous brother and son," says his father, Jonathan Hernandez.
"If you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he's always said like his daddy,"adds Jamie Orr, his mother.
Jamie and Jonathan recall the moment they learned their son was missing while under his stepmothers care.
"I don't think anybody or any parent is prepared to receive that phone call and then automatically believe it's happening. Somedays I still don't," says Jonathan.
The investigation surrounding Lucas' disappearance immediately turned to the family.
"I had no indications this would even be a possibility for my son, my family my life. I'll probably have that question till the day that I die about it, regardless of how many answers I get," Jonathan says.
Jamie and Jonathan spent the last week working closely with police and lay some rumors to rest.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Lu...about-the-search-for-their-son-475069363.html

Pink,
I'm so impressed with Mr. Pink as your sidekick for WS adventures.
Does he have a single brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member