Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Knox, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcelainCoveredInTinFoil

PorcelainCoveredInTinFoil Active Member

If I recall correctly most were either promoted or remained in their positions (I think Gitchell and Burnett were promoted to higher positions, but willing to be wrong). That PI guy who remained on the side of innocence (Colin Firth's character in Devil's Knot) passed away a few years ago and I recently learned John Mark Byers passed away not too long ago - like, this year during pandemic lockdown.

2. krAL2007

krAL2007 New Member

I always back in because I drive a large truck (2500) and it’s easier to take the time to back in upon arrival and pull straight out when leaving.

FrankieT, Subiechik21, dms and 3 others like this.
  3. VanillaSky1970

VanillaSky1970 Kindness rocks.

What needs to be understood is what happened between when Marilane checked out of her hotel and when her phone last pinged.

It might not be just her phone that needs to be checked. LE should check others who may have been in touch with her. Not just numbers but the locations from which calls may have been placed.

This story breaks my heart ❤

4. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

Death and dying is very personal, intimate and private act.

As a terminal, or palliative, patient gets closer to death they close the circle of friends and family around them. The circle gets smaller and smaller. Privacy becomes more important. Many times a palliative person will wait to pass when family has gone home and left for the day. They want to be alone.

Quite often when a person decides to take their own life they disappear and find a place that is right for them. There is privacy and solitude. They don’t want to be found. Or at the very least, they do not want family to find them. It is a protective measure.

The only person who can make sense of what happened is Marilane. We can guess all we want but it is fruitless to try to make sense, or understand, what Marilane was thinking or comprehend her choices. If we were in her shoes maybe we could understand.

As odd as it seems, Marilane found a place that worked for her. If it was an accident it is tragic. If it was purposeful it is still tragic.

Just some things to think about.

MOO

5. VanillaSky1970

A lot has been made of Marilane's sleep issues and mental health and how this relates to her death. Other than hearsay, we really do not know what she was feeling

If she was seeking treatment, that is a huge courageous step on her part.

My two cents.

6. Pianoturtle

Pianoturtle Well-Known Member

7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

A simple "like" was not enough. That was truthfully and beautifully stated.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

8. VanillaSky1970

I don't want to nag about this, but is there a clear record of the H's location for a couple of days after MC left?

All I can see from what I read is that the kids (3) were cared for, and mention of a BIL.

Apologies if I missed something.

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Yes. Agreed!

10. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this.

“In the last weeks, I’ve witnessed a man in great pain relentlessly searching for his wife. It was Adam who okayed putting our search on social media knowing full well that he would be targeted by those wanting to draw attention to themselves. He didn’t care. He simply wanted to find his wife because he loves her.”

https://www.findmarilane.com/?fbclid=IwAR1h-MCqCnYiTP5AvmGXTpBGNQ5gHlKH7TJamshqK_mO9EmVcZhtN44hbTo

11. zucchinibread

zucchinibread Well-Known Member

I was in Memphis a few years ago and it was easily the most depressing city I’ve ever visited. I was honestly too spooked to even be out in the evening because huge portions of the city are just like... abandoned? Empty? I don’t even know how to describe it. I would never go back there.

12. ThickBeardedDude

ThickBeardedDude Well-Known Member

I have lived in Baltimore and DC, so barren urban areas don't phase me as much as depressed rural ones.

13. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

Why do LE need to ‘check’ all this? There are no suspicious circumstances around her death......do they have valuable working time to waste checking on phones of whom exactly?

Subiechik21, cluciano63, dms and 4 others like this.
  14. kelsie

kelsie Missing Persons Advocate, Writer, and Researcher

Oh I am in tears reading her family's tributes to her on the website. They all write so beautifully and Marilane is clearly incredibly loved

Steph8angels, songbrd, Fab and 17 others like this.
  15. VanillaSky1970

LE may say that no foul play is suspected, but IMO, that is not a statement I would be comfortable making in the 5-6 hours between Marilane being found and when the preliminary COD being released.

To me, there are just too many things that do not make sense. Timing, short hotel stay, backing in to a container, not the greatest police. It just seems to me that the prelimimary cause of her death was easily arrived at... and I hope it's not a situation where the authorities are not just lured into seeing what they want to see.

16. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

#2 thread will open in few minutes, be ready to move

17. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.